Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Guestions
1408 18 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Please, confirm that there is no 29m59s recording limit like Osmo and Osmo+ has.
And

Is there a beep sound when starting recording without phone? Osmo+ makes that annoying beep when starting to record without phone and it is also recorded to the video.

2018-11-30
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I did watch one review and they said part of the recording was missing (a few seconds), so going by that it seems that might be the case. I don't see why though, as GoPro can create 4GB files as filming and not have gaps.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Actually, Osmo Pocket can shoot 1080p 30 fps video continuously for 140 minutes. For more information, I recommend you to check our website for further updates or visit this link: https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket. Thank you.
2018-11-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-30 12:10
Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Actually, Osmo Pocket can shoot 1080p 30 fps video continuously for 140 minutes. For more information, I recommend you to check our website for further updates or visit this link: https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket. Thank you.

Thanks for sharing the link Natalia
2018-12-1
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-30 12:10

When you say continuously, I know the camera keeps recording, but does it create separate files every so often (4gb?), and when joined together are they seamless? I've heard with earlier Osmo's that there are several seconds missing where the current file is saved and new file is created. Please advise.
2018-12-1
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This is a second review video I've seen where the reviewer mentions that the Osmo Pocket was missing several seconds of footage (mentioned at 05:27), while it seemed to be recording. Surely this can't be considered normal or acceptable behaviour, please could we have a response to this DJI. Imagine filming a kids birthday party and it misses out the part where the child blows out the candles on the birthday cake!

2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PG73 Posted at 12-2 02:25
This is a second review video I've seen where the reviewer mentions that the Osmo Pocket was missing several seconds of footage (mentioned at 05:27), while it seemed to be recording. Surely this can't be considered normal or acceptable behaviour, please could we have a response to this DJI. Imagine filming a kids birthday party and it misses out the part where the child blows out the candles on the birthday cake!

Osmo Pocket test video mentioning break in recording

I think he has taken down this video, he has a new video in which he says to ignore this one, I will also say that a health warning should be issued with his videos, I’m suffering some serious nausea watching them. ;+):::::::
2018-12-2
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-2 06:08
I think he has taken down this video, he has a new video in which he says to ignore this one, I will also say that a health warning should be issued with his videos, I’m suffering some serious nausea watching them. ;+):::::::

No, that was an earlier video about another issue - they gave him a new device - this is it!
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PG73 Posted at 12-2 07:18
No, that was an earlier video about another issue - they gave him a new device - this is it!

At 5.27 there is no mention of missing footage.
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PG73 Posted at 12-1 05:08
When you say continuously, I know the camera keeps recording, but does it create separate files every so often (4gb?), and when joined together are they seamless? I've heard with earlier Osmo's that there are several seconds missing where the current file is saved and new file is created. Please advise.

I have two other osmos there is no few seconds lost, if you are using a very slow card you might have a problem but it’s not the units fault.
2018-12-2
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-2 07:36
At 5.27 there is no mention of missing footage.

There is an on-screen caption mentioning it.
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PG73 Posted at 12-2 08:00
There is an on-screen caption mentioning it.

Well I could bet it was problems with card or he just knocked it off which I wouldn’t be surprised.
2018-12-2
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-2 07:40
I have two other osmos there is no few seconds lost, if you are using a very slow card you might have a problem but it’s not the units fault.

I don't have an Osmo so I'm only going by what I've heard plus what's happened in two of the reviews I've seen of the Osmo Pocket.

BTW, does the Osmo create one file per recording or split it into smaller separate files?
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PG73 Posted at 12-2 08:04
I don't have an Osmo so I'm only going by what I've heard plus what's happened in two of the reviews I've seen of the Osmo Pocket.

BTW, does the Osmo create one file per recording or split it into smaller separate files?

It records up to 4gb as all dji products do including all aircraft except for some exceptions with inspire2, but it is seem less.
2018-12-2
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-2 08:06
It records up to 4gb as all dji products do including all aircraft except for some exceptions with inspire2, but it is seem less.

I see, and what happens when it reaches 4GB? Does it show that it's stopped recording or does it appear to be still recording, yet in the background it is saving that 4GB file and then starting a new one, which could result it this break in footage?
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PG73 Posted at 12-2 08:17
I see, and what happens when it reaches 4GB? Does it show that it's stopped recording or does it appear to be still recording, yet in the background it is saving that 4GB file and then starting a new one, which could result it this break in footage?

Yes it saves in the background but I have found if the correct speed andgood quality cards are used no footage is lost.
2018-12-2
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-2 08:32
Yes it saves in the background but I have found if the correct speed andgood quality cards are used no footage is lost.

Thanks, that's good to know. With the GoPro Hero7 Black it also creates 4GB files and there is no footage breaks (with the card I'm using at least), so I'm hoping it's the same with the Osmo Pocket
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

A CW Posted at 12-1 00:34
Thanks for sharing the link Natalia

You're most welcome, A CW.
2018-12-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft