Quickshots - Processed, Unprocessed, etc.
3187 2 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kykmavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

When I go to a Quickshot video in the Go app, I can download it to the Photos app in one of three ways. The first is to tap on “Download original video”. The second and third (accessed from the download icon on the bottom left) are “Unprocessed footage” and “Processed footage”. What is the difference between “Download original video” and “Unprocessed footage”? The first takes a while to save to my phone and requires that I be connect to my Mavic, while the second happens fast. There is no documentation by DJI I can find.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
2018-11-30
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're observing the multiple copies of videos and photos available within the DJI platforms (They are included on several DJI platforms - Mavic, Spark, Air, etc). As a camera system, the primary images/videos are stored on the aircraft to the SD Card and depending upon your settings and the various recording modes, these onboard recordings can be RAW (unprocessed) or ENHANCED (processed). For example, your Quickshot videos are recorded in real-time as RAW and then processed onboard by speeding up the video in the middle to create the desired cinematic effects. Any of the modes that provide automated cinematic processing can provide you with both RAW/Unprocessed versions (so that you can perform your own processing) and the automated mode's processed creation for download. Naturally, these files can be quite large and are not downloaded automatically to your mobile device. Thus, within the GO4 app, you may choose to download the original. The aircraft must be powered on and connected to access the SD Card. If the recoding mode offers onboard cinematic processing, then you may download processed and/or unprocessed footage/images.

The DJI platforms also transmit the camera images back to the RC and are presented within the GO4 app camera view. These images are reduced resolution compared to the onboard original version, but the GO4 app is configured to automatically save this proxy image or footage in a local CACHE which is configured within the GO4 app under General Settings:
Cache.png
When you first open the DJI GO4 app Editor, you're seeing these cached proxy files. Since they are physically on your mobile device and are lower resolution, they open immediately and are easy to edit. However, they arrive at your mobile  device via ocusync transmission, so they may include jitter, pauses, skips etc and again are reduced resolution.
These's  good explanation provide by Air Photography that shows the cache operation and configuration in the GO4 app on the DJI Spark if you're interested:

2018-11-30
Use props
kykmavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

I have to express my sincere thanks for this detailed article you provided to this forum! Well done!
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules