Distance Limit Exceeded message when shooting panos
767 0 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansea871dca
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I recently started getting "distance limit exceeded" messages when I tried to shoot panos and I think I have figured out what the problem is at least for me and am curious if anyone else has a similar issue.

This problem started about 2 weeks ago right after updating the "Fly Safe Databases".  Before that database update I never had any trouble shooting panos.  The new fly safe database contained those new "no fly zone bow ties" at the end of airport runways.  I live 4 miles from a class D airport and one of it's runways points directly at my house.  Consequently I now have a new altitude restricted no fly zone directly over my house (thanks DJI).  This particular bow tie NFZ has two altitude limiting layers - 60 meters and 120 meters.  The line between those two zones is directly over the middle of my house so if I take off in my front driveway I can only ascend to 60 meters but if I fly a mere 20 meters horizontally towards my backyard I can ascend to 120 meters.

After extensive flight testing this is what I have found - if I fly into the 120 meter altitude restricted zone of the bow tie and ascend above 60 meters I cannot shoot panos if the aircraft is within 30 meters horizontally of the 60 meter height restricted portion of the bow tie.  As long as I stay at least 31 meters horizontally away from the line that seperates the 60 & 120 meter portions of the bow tie NFZ I can shoot panos but if I fly any closer than 30 meters to that line I get the message and cannot shoot panos.

One other issue I have found is that RTH does not work very well within this bow tie zone.  If I take off in the 60 meter altitude limited portion of the zone, fly away from that zone and ascend above 60 meters then initiate an RTH, the aircraft tries to fly home at it's current altitude but stops mid air when it hits the line between the 60m & 120m zones.  Although I haven't tested it I assume that the aircraft would just sit there in mid air until the battery got to critical level and then land on my roof instead of it's original take off point (again thanks DJI).

I suggest adding a new feature that has the aircraft automatically descend to a desired altitude when RTH is initiated the same way it ascends to a desired altitude now.

Anyone else have a similar issue?  Any ideas for a work around?

2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules