Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest FW .0300 killed most of our TB50 batteries
203581 203581 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

JBSonic Posted at 12-11 04:31
So what's the next step for you @Airking Pilot?
How many batteries have been killed? You going to go out and buy new ones and cross your fingers that they dont break too?
Is the Inspire 2 even worth the headache anymore or should people just abandon it at this point and take the Phantom (or even Yuneec at this point).

We are gathering all the info DJI requires: a full video showing all the details of every battery. We have been a little bit busy (we had to rent an Inspire 2 to do all the jobs we had already booked) and it have been raining here. So ASAP we will send the videos and will continue claiming DJI to get a recall of all of the dead batteries. 13 by now.
2018-12-11
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

Papaxiclas Posted at 12-11 00:45
Hello,
I had the same exact issue!
With this firmware updates all of a suden my batteries are all doing the "communication error" showing the N/A after a few minutes in flight

So this "unusual behavior" it´s not that unusual...
Found another guy in USA having the same problem
Originally we had two pairs with one battery per pair showing  "0%" minutes after take off. When we updated to .0300, the four batteries went N/A. And four more pairs that day (we lost that job) and another pair more the following week... 13 batteries total in one week.
2018-12-11
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airking Pilot Posted at 12-11 22:55
We are gathering all the info DJI requires: a full video showing all the details of every battery. We have been a little bit busy (we had to rent an Inspire 2 to do all the jobs we had already booked) and it have been raining here. So ASAP we will send the videos and will continue claiming DJI to get a recall of all of the dead batteries. 13 by now.

13 ?? jesus christ!
That is so many, I hope this can be resolved
2018-12-12
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have an I-2,  but I do have an I-1 as well as a P4Pro......

I have kept an eye on this TB50 battery issue.......seems to be that DJI hasn't helped anyone??  I don't know...Iv'e just looked at this thread.

In talking with my friend who's a DJI distributor,  apparently the update corrupts the firmware in the battery.  Not a virus, but an actual corruption of the FW. ( this is as stated, nothing more nothing less )

Has anyone heard from, or taken this issue up with DJI??  I have not seen any comments in relation to this.

Randy
2018-12-17
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-17 11:39
I don't have an I-2,  but I do have an I-1 as well as a P4Pro......

I have kept an eye on this TB50 battery issue.......seems to be that DJI hasn't helped anyone??  I don't know...Iv'e just looked at this thread.

As far as I know, even though a lot of people have been having issues with TB50 batteries, I could find only three or four people having this exact issue: updating to .0300 and suddenly several pàirs went N/A or 0%.
Fisrt hand DJI argued the batteries were just out of warranty. But lately they requested all the info to check what´s going on and then let´s see. I sent all the photos and screenshots I had but now they need to have everything documented in video. A lot of work and bad weather keeps us without finishing this last task. We´ll be wainting DJI answer once they check everything.
2018-12-17
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

AirKing,

I just saw earlier a thread that showed DJI putting out info on this very subject on Nov 16th 2018.....I'll see if I can find it again.....
Here it is.... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=172462&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D385%26typeid%3D385

But I am unclear as to if this update is causing the issue, since the post says it should fix it......

Randy
2018-12-17
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-12-17 18:48
AirKing,

I just saw earlier a thread that showed DJI putting out info on this very subject on Nov 16th 2018.....I'll see if I can find it again.....

battery issue
2019-1-9
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

https://www.facebook.com/ale.rey ... p;theater&ifg=1
2019-1-9
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-12-17 18:48
AirKing,

I just saw earlier a thread that showed DJI putting out info on this very subject on Nov 16th 2018.....I'll see if I can find it again.....

Really annoying:
We had two pairs where one battery had this issue (droping to 0%). We were running 01.020.0100 and because of DJI recommendation to fix it, we updated to 01.020.0300. We suddenly lost eight pairs of batteries. All having the same issue. We really do not know what to think. We just want to DJI recognize this issue, replace all our dead batteries and at least give us a good explanation of what´s going on here so it will never happen again. The batteries failed when we were shooting a polo match and the drone started to land right into the polo players. Fortunately we could override the autolanding and bring it save home
2019-1-9
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not understand why DJI is not escalating this issue. It is borderline catastrophic at this point. The Inspire 2 is an unreliable liability and an insult to DJI's previous groundbreaking work. Still no word of assurance that this is being worked on, no fix in sight, for all we know this might be unfixable!
2019-1-10
Use props
fans00217082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4764022 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

I am having the same problem over here.
I have total of 6 sets of batteries and 2 sets have 1 battery each going from 85% -> 0% in 1-2 minutes in air.
Made a thread about it also but no answer from DJI - https://forum.dji.com/thread-176990-1-1.html

Battery health check in DJI GO app shows Normal for status, but shows 0% and for some reason I2 only looks at this percentage when doing the auto landing or RTH calculations.

I contacted DJI via email and they said that i need to buy new batteries.

This is their first answer -
Thank you for writing DJI Support.

We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product.
Based on the details you have provided, it indicates that the battery is outside of the warranty period. And upon checking with our engineers, this needs to be replaced.

Lithium polymer batteries require special care on how they are charged, discharged and stored which therefore concludes that the battery's health and lifespan will depend on usage. Once you are out of the warranty period, we can no longer provide warranty service as the lifespan of your unit will depend on the totality of how it was used and all.

Because of the structure of the battery, it cannot be repaired. If it is out of warranty, we will just replace it with a new one by charging you as the price of a new battery. If so, we don't suggest you send them back. You can buy a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store. https://store.dji.com. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding in this matter.

And this is how i responded -
Hello,
But this is a firmware (software) issue not a hardware issue.
I don't quite understand why it needs to be replaced.
Issues started with the last firmware update when you tried to mitigate the TB50/TB55 issues.

Battery itself it totally fine. By fine i mean It shows correct cell voltage levels, no anomalies there.
It's the charge percentage software bug that causes the issue.

By reading the dji forums and other forums, other people also have the same issue and it seems to be a battery manufacturer firmware issue and DJI is waiting for the firmware fix from them.
And i got this answer back from them -
Thank you so much for your time.

I agree with your concern about waiting for the firmware update however, the implementation of that solution has been suspended and advised customers to send back their batteries to our facility.

In your case, since the battery is out of the warranty period, we advise you to purchase another one and the good thing about it is you will be getting a new fresh warranty.

Hoping for your understanding with this regard.
Thanks for choosing DJI.

Like seriously DJI are you really punishing your customers for your own programming mistakes?

2019-1-21
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

fans00217082 Posted at 1-21 10:02
I have total of 6 sets of batteries and 2 sets have 1 battery each going from 85% -> 0% in 1-2 minutes in air.
Made a thread about it also but no answer from DJI - https://forum.dji.com/thread-176990-1-1.html

I´m sending all the data required from DJI. Most of our batteries are out of warranty, but we will keep insisting in a replacement or a solution. If you want we can send a letter to DJI signed by all having this same issue. It is strange that only a few, I think, are suffering from this, but this is really dangeorus and it not related to care of the battery (happened to an almost new battery) and DJI should respond
I´m in the stage of sending log data
2019-1-21
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

fans00217082 Posted at 1-21 10:02

Hi Guys, it would be interesting to see if downgrading repairs these FW faulty batteries. If someone is interested I'm willing to give a shot. I have Inspire 2 with FW from December 2017. I bought a new fresh set of batteries last year and it downgraded fine to aircraft FW level. Just send one set to me (Finland) and I try.
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 720968 ft
United States

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-12-11 22:55

We are also having this issue.  Many of us in DJI Inspire 2 / Drone Owners Newtork are reporting the exact same issue and have been since Nov 1 2018.  All the way up to a failure 2 days ago which resulted in an emergency landing response due to low battery.  I believe I have finally made enough awareness in that group and now finding all the people in this group to leverage action.  I will keep you posted.
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

Airking Pilot Posted at 1-21 10:16
I´m sending all the data required from DJI. Most of our batteries are out of warranty, but we will keep insisting in a replacement or a solution. If you want we can send a letter to DJI signed by all having this same issue. It is strange that only a few, I think, are suffering from this, but this is really dangeorus and it not related to care of the battery (happened to an almost new battery) and DJI should respond
I´m in the stage of sending log data

More users are having this issue that we all think.  The problem is that as professionals we tend to keep quite and just accept it and buy more.  

We are also having this issue.  Many of us in DJI Inspire 2 / Drone Owners Newtork are reporting the exact same issue and have been since Nov 1 2018.  All the way up to a failure 2 days ago which resulted in an emergency landing response due to low battery.  I believe I have finally made enough awareness in that group and now finding all the people in this group to leverage action.  I will keep you posted.
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

JBSonic Posted at 1-10 06:44
I do not understand why DJI is not escalating this issue. It is borderline catastrophic at this point. The Inspire 2 is an unreliable liability and an insult to DJI's previous groundbreaking work. Still no word of assurance that this is being worked on, no fix in sight, for all we know this might be unfixable!

Please keep posting any and all issues regarding battery failures.  This issue had not been remedied and unless we all use the power of social media and continue to post and show all the issues it will force them to make changes.  
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-12-17 18:04
As far as I know, even though a lot of people have been having issues with TB50 batteries, I could find only three or four people having this exact issue: updating to .0300 and suddenly several pàirs went N/A or 0%.
Fisrt hand DJI argued the batteries were just out of warranty. But lately they requested all the info to check what´s going on and then let´s see. I sent all the photos and screenshots I had but now they need to have everything documented in video. A lot of work and bad weather keeps us without finishing this last task. We´ll be wainting DJI answer once they check everything.

2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

if your on facebook here is a link to a group that I am in that has several members experiencing this EXACT ISSUE if you want to join and post about your battery experiences.  We have users that have literally sat and recorded the incident taking place, I have been uploading very usefull information from Airdata that documents all the in flight errors that are being triggered on the back end that we are unable to see during flight.  As of this morning I finally compiled months of several user data with this issue along with all the emails being brushed off and went back to DJI where they have promised to "reopen" this issue ticked and wont close it until it gets fixed.   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1094576207238891/
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

Your not alone.  Sorry took so long to find this group.  Several of us have been documenting and reporting on this issue since Nov 1 2018.  Over the months we have been disrespected and treated like we did something wrong.  Im a 40yo man running a business not a child with a toy.  DJI is so quick to respond with "past 6 months not our concern" with no regard for safety or actually looking further into any of our reports.  Well we have spend the past few months collecting data and recording the incidents live and after compiling all the data I contacted DJI.  I have been told that they will continue to research this issue until they fix it.  who knows.... anyway keep posting about it because the only way to get DJI to act is through social pressure.  I have specifically told them to look at all the users in this FB group that im in so if you get a chance please join the group and upload your issues there as well

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1094576207238891/
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-12-2 07:33
Of course it´s not the Inspire
It is something regarding battery software/drone FW combination. As I said, it shows 0% with .0100 and N/A with .0300. Same battery. Different FW
And batteries that had no issues suddenly fail after upgrading to .0300

right on super cool seeing some of my original complaints of this issue that had been TOTALLY brushed off.  For quite sometime DJI made me feel like I was the only one and that they had never heard of this issue!!
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-12-3 20:56
We tried what DJI says: let the batteries rest for 72 hs to fix them with the .0300 update. They work fine for the first run. When we recharge them and try to use them in the field, they drop to 0% as they did previously. The fact is that with .0100, we had two sets, one battery in each set that showed "0%". Now, right after upgrading to .0300, we suddenly have six sets, 13 batteries that are unusable. What the hell is going on???

This is our experience as well.  After we jump through all the suggested hoops the batteries will work for a single cycle then right back to glitching out!!
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-12-4 05:37
Sorry for your battery problems, but it would be helpful to use battery voltage rather than %, the indicated % is only an indication, the voltage is the critical measure of charge.

Unfortunately the voltage appears to be ok them suddenly one of the batteries will literally drop to 0% in an instant.  This happens with our indication or warning.  
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

TheMightyThor Posted at 2018-12-4 19:59
From what I'm seeing, it's only the newer TB-50 batteries that experience this. Mine are going on two years old and I've had no issue with all 30 of them. I tagged some more yesterday and noticed they had a different indentation where the battery lights were. Five of the six rented batteries that were the new version were all bad. Four the other four without the newer battery light all worked fine. DJI must have changed something in the newer batteries that is causing this.

I was under this impression as well and though that I had isolated a "manufactured date" range however 2 days ago one of my original sets (from when the inspire first came out) experienced this issue out of the blue.  So IDK anymore.
2019-1-24
Use props
WTAerials
lvl.2
United States

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-12-6 04:00
Yes, that makes sense, a communications error.  Strange how DJI is pretty quiet about this.  Sure does point to the new batteries.  I wonder how widespread that problem is.

Its very wide spread.  However, as professionals, many users (like myself) contacted dji when it first happened and were told to just buy more.  Well after experiencing it with several sets and finding others that were having this same exact issue i knew it was not me, but the batteries themselves.  Now its trying to convince DJI that many users are having this issue.  Keep posting on the issue as the only way to make DJI correct this issue will be with negative press.  
2019-1-24
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

WTAerials Posted at 1-24 11:19
Its very wide spread.  However, as professionals, many users (like myself) contacted dji when it first happened and were told to just buy more.  Well after experiencing it with several sets and finding others that were having this same exact issue i knew it was not me, but the batteries themselves.  Now its trying to convince DJI that many users are having this issue.  Keep posting on the issue as the only way to make DJI correct this issue will be with negative press.

I will pursuit, (and we  would like that everybody having this issue join us)  the replacmenet of the faulty batteries, being a software or hardware issue. The scale of this issue makes possible to claim a recall. Inside 6 months warranty period or not. We lost perfectly healthy batteries. They can send faulty batteries to lab and prevent from this happening again.
2019-1-25
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airking Pilot Posted at 1-25 14:08
I will pursuit, (and we  would like that everybody having this issue join us)  the replacmenet of the faulty batteries, being a software or hardware issue. The scale of this issue makes possible to claim a recall. Inside 6 months warranty period or not. We lost perfectly healthy batteries. They can send faulty batteries to lab and prevent from this happening again.

I wouldnt hold my breath, DJI will most likely not help you out and replace your 13 bricked batteries. They dont want to be hold to account or even issue a costly recall. The Inspire 2 is troubled a bird after all, It went downhill fast after the Inspire 1 Pro
2019-1-27
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

Some of the logs of the "0%" issue
2019-1-27
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

From "AIrdata"
2019-1-27
Use props
AmsterdamBM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3834469 ft
  • >>>
United States

We had the same issue. One battery dropped to 0 % 1 minute into flight. Reported to DJI Ken via FB messenger on 8/2/2018. Sent i2 flight data & everything. Was told to deep cycle them. I've stayed on .100 firmware and haven't had this happen other than that one time. No trust in this machine though.
2019-1-27
Use props
thevgorilla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12160843 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am on a shoot and just had 8 batteries do this same thing...what the hell am I supposed to do? This is insane!
2019-2-3
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thevgorilla Posted at 2-3 19:25
I am on a shoot and just had 8 batteries do this same thing...what the hell am I supposed to do? This is insane!
Yea it is a disaster isnt it. You lost 8  batteries? You know that there is no guarantee that these arent permanently broken now, and you dont get them replaced by DJI too if they are out of warranty.
The best thing us Inspire 2 owners can do now is sell the I2 and start using other drones such as Yuneec or others.
The Inspire 2 has been killed by DJI incompetence and lack of support.
Do make sure that you tell  any potential DJI customer about this, far and wide. DJI should not get away with this insulting behaviour. Borderline criminal
2019-2-4
Use props
thevgorilla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12160843 ft
  • >>>
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2-4 06:16
Yea it is a disaster isnt it. You lost 8  batteries? You know that there is no guarantee that these arent permanently broken now, and you dont get them replaced by DJI too if they are out of warranty.
The best thing us Inspire 2 owners can do now is sell the I2 and start using other drones such as Yuneec or others.
The Inspire 2 has been killed by DJI incompetence and lack of support.

This is the craziest thing I have ever had randomly happen on a shoot and I've had some whoppers. We are having to rent batteries to complete the shoot now and we just get to stare at 1300$ sitting there...
2019-2-4
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thevgorilla Posted at 2-4 06:23
This is the craziest thing I have ever had randomly happen on a shoot and I've had some whoppers. We are having to rent batteries to complete the shoot now and we just get to stare at 1300$ sitting there...

This is why i am saying it is probably time to retire the I2. It got banned from commercial use here in the UK for  few months due to the battery issues, they clearly already have their eyes on the I2, maybe a permanent ban is just around the corner. My inspire 2 has not flown for months, grounded, too many issues. I am using other drones and am not looking back.Also, dont forget that DJI is currently scrambling to stop their OWN staff from destroying DJI from the inside out. 26 of their staff have been handed over to police, another 13 or so are being investigated as DJI has lost over $150m due to corruption. Staff overcharging customers and suppliers to shave off profit from DJI and put it into their own pockets. Of course, there is no talk of compensation for the customers.
It seems that the culture of DJI is toxic and non-sustainable, they are certainly no longer interested in making great drones as they used to do.
2019-2-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Too bad someone can't make just a generic battery set that would plug into the I2.  This intelligent battery thing only works if the software running the hardware is well designed, but given it's DJI's iffy and slow-to-respond programming behind it then it's not good.

I have old RC Li-Po batteries that are 10 years old and still working fine.  I can monitor their voltage and flight times and determine when to toss them, or use a newer set for longer times.  Charger can show any faults during charging too.  This DJI battery warranty of six months, plus their bad programming in general and slow to fix within the warranty period, is horrendous.  I'd never buy a batch of them all at once given their short warranty and poor programming, and only toss them when they fail.

No doubt the older S1000 models with the generic batteries are still flying well given they have no intelligent programming within them.   Back to basics.

2019-2-4
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if we should make a poll to get people to tell us how many batteries they have lost. You know, take stock of the damage.
I imagine a lot of people dont even realise this is caused by poor firmware/battery manufacturing issues and just buy new ones regardless.
2019-2-6
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2-4 09:10
Too bad someone can't make just a generic battery set that would plug into the I2.  This intelligent battery thing only works if the software running the hardware is well designed, but given it's DJI's iffy and slow-to-respond programming behind it then it's not good.

I have old RC Li-Po batteries that are 10 years old and still working fine.  I can monitor their voltage and flight times and determine when to toss them, or use a newer set for longer times.  Charger can show any faults during charging too.  This DJI battery warranty of six months, plus their bad programming in general and slow to fix within the warranty period, is horrendous.  I'd never buy a batch of them all at once given their short warranty and poor programming, and only toss them when they fail.

I'd be willing to bet the batteries you bought 10 years ago, like mine, are actually a higher quality battery when compared to what DJI is currently using.
2019-2-6
Use props
MRKMRTN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70217 ft
United States

I don't have as serious a problem as AirKing, but I do have a paired set doing  the same thing...APP shows 0% but all cells are full..forces a critical battery landing.  These two batteries did this the first time before the .300 upgrade,,,I was hoping the FW would repair it (DJI said it would)   and they did it after the upgrade as well...and from the looks of it DJI doesn't care...so I guess I have to buy new ones..Actually not a bad business model..sell someone a product  they absolutely need, kill it remotely rendering it useless, make tons of $$$ (I don't have a YEN symbol) and require them to replace it.  Imagine if Ford or Chevy did that....
2019-2-7
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

MRKMRTN Posted at 2-7 04:57
I don't have as serious a problem as AirKing, but I do have a paired set doing  the same thing...APP shows 0% but all cells are full..forces a critical battery landing.  These two batteries did this the first time before the .300 upgrade,,,I was hoping the FW would repair it (DJI said it would)   and they did it after the upgrade as well...and from the looks of it DJI doesn't care...so I guess I have to buy new ones..Actually not a bad business model..sell someone a product  they absolutely need, kill it remotely rendering it useless, make tons of $$$ (I don't have a YEN symbol) and require them to replace it.  Imagine if Ford or Chevy did that....

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1755990
2019-2-8
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

Airking Pilot Posted at 2-8 10:04
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=180658&page=1#pid1755990

please join the poll and leave your vote
2019-2-8
Use props
fansc8d6097c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1812497 ft
Australia

Has anyone had success after the updates.  Or has anyone heard from DJI if they are still having issues.

This same issue is happening to us.  We had 7 sets all become faulty on the same day in April 2018.  We shelved those sets and purchase new ones.

We have now updated all of our batteries, the 7 that were originally faulty, one set now works.  Of our 9 sets of new batteries, 6 sets have also died directly after the firmware update to v .0300

We would have been better not to do the update.  Has anyone heard from DJI on this matter?
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules