20181130_205508.jpg
2018-11-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, a class 10 memory card is fine for the Phantom 3 Standard.

If interested, check out this article for more details on which memory cards work best in DJI drones:

2018-11-30
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Azerbaijan

That's a good article ... but one item in it I find a touch different to what happened to me ...

I took my 32Gb high speed Kingston card from my P3S to my P3P ... and it gave warning not fast enough and had to drop back res to 1080 to get it to work without warning. In the P3S - it recorded 2.7K fine. The card was rated for over 30MB/s write ... so I question the articles 12.5MB/s claim for DJI. It's most likely true - but cards are not all same ...
I ended up using a Samsung Evo 64Gb ... which was suggested by my IT guy and local shop .... perfect.

The Kingston card sits in my Soloshot 3 robot camera now and occasionally in my GoPro. The GoPro shoots 4K 30fps to it without question. But my P3P refuses !!

Nigel
2018-11-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The ultra does not have the best read/write speeds but will do the job.
2018-12-1
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 11-30 22:07
That's a good article ... but one item in it I find a touch different to what happened to me ...

I took my 32Gb high speed Kingston card from my P3S to my P3P ... and it gave warning not fast enough and had to drop back res to 1080 to get it to work without warning. In the P3S - it recorded 2.7K fine. The card was rated for over 30MB/s write ... so I question the articles 12.5MB/s claim for DJI. It's most likely true - but cards are not all same ...

Got a photo of the front of that card?
2018-12-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The Scandisk Extreme is best.
2018-12-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

Hi ... I'm travelling at present ... will try and remember to upload when I get home.

Nigel
2018-12-1
Use props
Greg Stone9
lvl.1

United States

If anybody could make a better suggestion I'm all ears lol. I just want the best one that will give me the best pics and video possible
2018-12-2
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 11-30 22:07
That's a good article ... but one item in it I find a touch different to what happened to me ...

Many, many years ago I decided to buy a branded SD card from eBay, high spec, but far cheaper than the high street or Amazon.

At the time it was for my GoPro, I could take pictures/stills, but no video.

Long story short, fake/copy, contacted the seller, refund etc.

Oh the card looked like the real deal, text, size, shape etc - but it wasn't.

Caveat Emptor
2018-12-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

I use the Samsung EVO 64Gb that is shown in the list linked above by another - I think its the Plus - I'm not at home to look at it to check ... brilliant.

The one that is now in my GoPro was not a fake or copy ...

Nigel
2018-12-2
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Greg Stone9 Posted at 12-2 08:42
If anybody could make a better suggestion I'm all ears lol. I just want the best one that will give me the best pics and video possible

See the suggestions at the bottom of this article.
2018-12-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Greg Stone9 Posted at 12-2 08:42
If anybody could make a better suggestion I'm all ears lol. I just want the best one that will give me the best pics and video possible

You already have the answer from msinger in post #2. The card pictured will be fine for a P3 Standard, because its maximum resolution is 2.7K but that card will not work reliably in a P3 Advanced or Pro, nor will it work well in a P4P. If you want a card to work in the other aircraft, then buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro card.
2018-12-2
Use props
SavvyProduction
lvl.1
United States

I'm going to get a drone. How many minutes of recorded 4k 24fps footage can you put on a 32GB card? I'm trying to figure out how many cards I need.

https://savvyproductions.com/
2019-3-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SavvyProduction Posted at 3-30 15:04
I'm going to get a drone. How many minutes of recorded 4k 24fps footage can you put on a 32GB card? I'm trying to figure out how many cards I need.

It is more about how long you can fly in a single session. On average, a 32GB card will easily last you through about 6 batteries worth of flying, which is a lot of flying. At the end of the day, you should copy off all the material on the card, insert it back in the aircraft and re-format it. Then it will be fresh for the next flight session. In any event, it is not a good idea to put a lot of video material on the card at any given time, as you risk losing all that material if the aircraft goes missing.
2019-3-30
Use props
SavvyProduction
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-30 15:26
It is more about how long you can fly in a single session. On average, a 32GB card will easily last you through about 6 batteries worth of flying, which is a lot of flying. At the end of the day, you should copy off all the material on the card, insert it back in the aircraft and re-format it. Then it will be fresh for the next flight session. In any event, it is not a good idea to put a lot of video material on the card at any given time, as you risk losing all that material if the aircraft goes missing.

Thanks! I appreciate the help.
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules