Camera has crazy lines on the video recorded and when on snapshot
12Next >
28052 63 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizee
lvl.1

United States

Just got the Tello today, charged it before flight then after turning it on and connecting to my Note 9 i get the issues attached. The recorded video looks very weird with lines but worst of all is when on snapshot mode, you cant even see anything but crazy colors. Is this a bad unit or is there a settings to fix it?

Video recorded

Video recorded

Screenshot_20181130-232905_TELLO.jpg

2018-12-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Try to uninstall the app and reinstall it
If it still not working then you might need to contact their customer support
2018-12-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Btw welcome to the forum!
2018-12-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey Mizee, sorry for this unpleasant experience. May I know if you have you ever tried another mobile device? It looks more like the compatible issue between Note 9 and Tello APP. And we sincere sorry that there isn't a setting to fix it. In regard to it, could you please offer screenshots of the version of the mobile phone, of APP version and firmware version below for further analysis? Thanks a lot in advance.
2018-12-2
Use props
Mizee
lvl.1

United States

RYZE Posted at 12-2 01:05
Hey Mizee, sorry for this unpleasant experience. May I know if you have you ever tried another mobile device? It looks more like the compatible issue between Note 9 and Tello APP. And we sincere sorry that there isn't a setting to fix it. In regard to it, could you please offer screenshots of the version of the mobile phone, of APP version and firmware version below for further analysis? Thanks a lot in advance.

Just tried it on an iphone 6s and it works, attached is the screenshot of the app and firmware. Are you guys going to come up with a newer update for the note 9 soon? Im suprised the note has been out for a few months already and no patch of yet? Let me know. Thank you!
Screenshot_20181202-115557_TELLO.jpg
2018-12-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Mizee Posted at 12-2 11:59
Just tried it on an iphone 6s and it works, attached is the screenshot of the app and firmware. Are you guys going to come up with a newer update for the note 9 soon? Im suprised the note has been out for a few months already and no patch of yet? Let me know. Thank you!

Glad to know that you iphone 6s works. In regard to your concern, we first apology that there is no relative notice if note 9 would be on the compatilbe list at the time being. However, I would give all these information to the R&D department. Meanwhile support for additional devices available as testing and development would continue. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-2
Use props
Mizee
lvl.1

United States

RYZE Posted at 12-2 17:43
Glad to know that you iphone 6s works. In regard to your concern, we first apology that there is no relative notice if note 9 would be on the compatilbe list at the time being. However, I would give all these information to the R&D department. Meanwhile support for additional devices available as testing and development would continue. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Problem is its not my iphone 6s. We only have Note9s in the house. So I hope you guys come out with the patch soon!!!
2018-12-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Mizee Posted at 12-2 20:42
Problem is its not my iphone 6s. We only have Note9s in the house. So I hope you guys come out with the patch soon!!!

Thanks for the quick reply, don't worry that I pretty understand your problem. Sincerely apology that Note 9 is not on the recommended device list yet and we can't ensure its compatibility. I already feedbacked all these info to engineer to look into it. If possible, we would like to suggest you use the compatible device.

For your reference, here is the link about the recommended device list : https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads
2018-12-2
Use props
fans969d203d
lvl.1

Brazil

my tello also has the same problem in video mode. Tested on ipad 2 mini, ipad air and samsung galaxy s8. disappointment...
2018-12-17
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fans969d203d Posted at 12-17 17:01
my tello also has the same problem in video mode. Tested on ipad 2 mini, ipad air and samsung galaxy s8. disappointment...

That must have been frustrating for you, very sorry about it. In regard to iPad 2 mini, iPad air, if the firmware version of Tello is latest, please kindly extend your patience, reset assure that we would push forward new APP to correct it. Also, sorry that Samsung galaxy s8 is not on the recommended list and can't ensure its compatibility.
2018-12-17
Use props
fans969d203d
lvl.1

Brazil

RYZE Posted at 12-17 18:16
That must have been frustrating for you, very sorry about it. In regard to iPad 2 mini, iPad air, if the firmware version of Tello is latest, please kindly extend your patience, reset assure that we would push forward new APP to correct it. Also, sorry that Samsung galaxy s8 is not on the recommended list and can't ensure its compatibility.

When you switch to fast flight mode, the video image is normal.
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_E7ZqqabDJhDQ
New

United States

Could be your app.
2018-12-19
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

generally most androids struggle with DJI and RYZE stuff , iOS just seems to work seamlessly
2018-12-24
Use props
Juliana Pimentel Panisson
New

Brazil

RYZE Posted at 12-2 01:05

Hi, I had the same issue in Brazil and I have a note 9 also. Tried in S7 and worked. I'm very frustrated as I brought to take pictures of my vacation and now I can't.
2018-12-26
Use props
New

Brazil

fans969d203d Posted at 12-18 00:53
When you switch to fast flight mode, the video image is normal.

When I switch to video mode, the quality is poor and black and write. Is that something I need to set in the camera of my note9?
2018-12-26
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

I have a Note 9 and have no problems with the video or photos showing on the phone screen.
Check your permissions for the tello.
This is what I see in my Gallery.

My Gallery

My Gallery

Tello Permissions

Tello Permissions
2018-12-26
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Keego63 Posted at 12-26 06:22
I have a Note 9 and have no problems with the video or photos showing on the phone screen.

Nice sharing!
2018-12-27
Use props
New

Brazil

Keego63 Posted at 12-26 06:22
I have a Note 9 and have no problems with the video or photos showing on the phone screen.
[Image]

Permissions are ok in my note 9 and the lines are still showing up. Green lines and videos in Black and Write.
2018-12-28
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

Juliana Pimentel Panisson Posted at 12-28 02:54
Permissions are ok in my note 9 and the lines are still showing up. Green lines and videos in Black and Write.

Have you updated to the latest drone Firmware and the latest android application.
2018-12-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Juliana Pimentel Panisson Posted at 12-28 02:54

Please kindly check if it persists after upgrading to the latest firmware version  - 01.04.78.01.
If persists, you might also try steps below :
1. Power it off
2. Hold the power button for about 5-8s until the solid green led goes off  [ Please release it once the green led goes off ]
3. Wait until a flashing red led goes on automatically.
4. Connect its wifi , redo firmware upgrade then.
2018-12-28
Use props
Mathew Makarowski
New

Canada

I just recieved my Tello, and when I turned it on had the exact same screen with green lines and everything. I'm also using a note 9. I'm not using another phone to fly this, I don't have one and I would like to know how to fix this problem
2019-1-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Well received Mathew, sincerely sorry for this unpleasant experience. Per it, may I know if it works before? Does this issue occur right after updating the Android version, or the APP version, or the aircraft firmware version? For further analysis, Could you kindly provide the info below :
1) The model number of your mobile phone.
2) Screenshots of the system version of the mobile device.
3) Screenshots of APP version and firmware version.
2019-1-3
Use props
LucasCasa
lvl.1

Argentina

Hello, I'm having the same issue with a Moto G5S plus and a moto G5. the firmware of the tello is 01.04.78.01
2019-1-15
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

LucasCasa Posted at 1-15 16:55
Hello, I'm having the same issue with a Moto G5S plus and a moto G5. the firmware of the tello is 01.04.78.01

Sincerely sorry for this Lucas, for further analysis. As usual, may I know if the two devices worked before? Does this issue occur right after updating the Android version, or the APP version, or the aircraft firmware version? For further analysis, Could you kindly provide the info below :
1) Screenshots of the system version of the mobile device.
2) Screenshots of APP version
Thanks a lot in advance.
2019-1-15
Use props
LucasCasa
lvl.1

Argentina

Hello, I just bought it and it never worked. I attach the app and system info

Thanks.
2019-1-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

LucasCasa Posted at 1-16 03:06
Hello, I just bought it and it never worked. I attach the app and system info
[view_image]
[view_image]

Dear Lucas, your valuable info would be appreciated.  We will also report your case to the R&D department. For now, It is recommended to use the Tello app on a compatible Android device.
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-16
Use props
DanLeclair
lvl.2
United States

Hello,  I am having the same issues with green lines.  I am using a Moto G5 plus and it worked well for almost a year until I upgraded to Android 8.1.0.  In reading this thread I see phones that use Android 8 & 9 are having the same issues.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Tello App and it did not fix the issue.  I believe that Ryze needs to fix the App to work with phones that use the Android 8 & 9 versions of the operating system.
2019-1-16
Use props
NOLAChuck
New

United States

I too am having this problem.  I have a Moto G5 Plus running Android 8.1.  I have the latest Firmware unless a new version has been created in the last couple of weeks. My problems started in January. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and that did not work.  This was my first and is my favourite drone. I hope you have a fix for this problem besides "get another phone."   
2019-2-6
Use props
NOLAChuck
New

United States

DanLeclair Posted at 1-16 22:10
Hello,  I am having the same issues with green lines.  I am using a Moto G5 plus and it worked well for almost a year until I upgraded to Android 8.1.0.  In reading this thread I see phones that use Android 8 & 9 are having the same issues.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Tello App and it did not fix the issue.  I believe that Ryze needs to fix the App to work with phones that use the Android 8 & 9 versions of the operating system.

I am having the same issue. Hope they fix it.
2019-2-6
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

NOLAChuck Posted at 2-6 05:43
I too am having this problem.  I have a Moto G5 Plus running Android 8.1.  I have the latest Firmware unless a new version has been created in the last couple of weeks. My problems started in January. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and that did not work.  This was my first and is my favourite drone. I hope you have a fix for this problem besides "get another phone."   [view_image]

Dear NolaChuck, sincerely sorry for this. We are aware of this case and would deliver your info to an engineer and see what they think about it.Have a wonderful Flyday ahead!
2019-2-6
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

DanLeclair Posted at 1-16 22:10

Sorry for the miss DanLeclair, that would well receive ed.
Thanks for your valuable feedback. I would feedback to engineer for further inspection. Warmly reminded there would be some delay due to Chinese spring festival. Thanks.
2019-2-7
Use props
murrintjc
lvl.1

United States

I am experiencing the same issue on my Galaxy J3 Eclipse smart phone.  But when I run on other devices I have... All is good.
The Galaxy J3 Eclipse is running Android version 8.1.0
Samsung Experience Version: 9.5
I can get you folks other information if you think will benefit resolving matter / for future patches, etc.
2019-2-12
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

murrintjc Posted at 2-12 05:47
I am experiencing the same issue on my Galaxy J3 Eclipse smart phone.  But when I run on other devices I have... All is good.
The Galaxy J3 Eclipse is running Android version 8.1.0
Samsung Experience Version: 9.5

Appreciate your kindness murrintjc,  we are pretty sorry for this. If convenience, can you offer the snap of firmware version and APP version of the drone, as well as the green screen. Besides, do you suffer this issue all the way or does it occurs after upgrading or else?  Thanks.
2019-2-13
Use props
Blake Cremeans
New

United States

Same issue on my Moto Z3. All firmware is up to date. App has been uninstalled/reinstalled twice and updated each time. Tello has also been updated.
Bought this yesterday (2/15/19) and did it out of the box.

Photo mode shows only green lines in live view (but the photos themselves are fine. Video feed has green lines. The recorded video resembles the video feed.
2019-2-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Blake Cremeans Posted at 2-16 13:59
Same issue on my Moto Z3. All firmware is up to date. App has been uninstalled/reinstalled twice and updated each time. Tello has also been updated.
Bought this yesterday (2/15/19) and did it out of the box.

Thanks, Blake,we respectfully recommend you using the Tello app on a compatible Android device. We will also report your case to the R&D department. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-2-16
Use props
Humberto Beltrão
New

Brazil

I've just got my Tello and the same issue (green lines) persists on my Android Moto G5S. It's so frustrating. :/
2019-3-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

We sincerely sorry for this issue Humberto. In reference to the green screen, Please kindly use another compatible device for the moment. Meanwhile, that would be appreciated if you can provide the following info at your earliest convenience, which would be reported to the R&D department and try to solve it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
- After what operations this issue occurred.
- Screenshots of firmware version & APP version
- Screenshots of mobile phone version.
Click here to find out the recommended devices: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads
2019-3-16
Use props
djiuser_V3ABv48rgT8A
New

United States

Video recording playback divided into 4 quadrants, two green and two purple. Tello app has the appropriate permissions to storage as the videos and images are there, just video is bad.  Images are fine.  

Interesting thing is that after noticing the video recording issue, I installed Tello FPV and video recording in it is fine. So it is the Tello app having the issue. No, I don't have another phone or OS to try it on and why should I, Android has 74% market share.

Tello
App version 1.3.0.0
Firmware version 01.04.78.01

I am using a compatible device (www ryzerobotics com/tello/downloads)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Model number Samsung-SM-N910A
Android version 5.0.1
2019-3-21
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_V3ABv48rgT8A Posted at 3-21 02:50
Video recording playback divided into 4 quadrants, two green and two purple. Tello app has the appropriate permissions to storage as the videos and images are there, just video is bad.  Images are fine.  

Interesting thing is that after noticing the video recording issue, I installed Tello FPV and video recording in it is fine. So it is the Tello app having the issue. No, I don't have another phone or OS to try it on and why should I, Android has 74% market share.

Thank you for your cooperation. And we are sorry for the inconvenience that this caused.
After confimration, we found that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a compatible Android device. But in order to solve your problem more efficiently,we recommends you using other compatible Android device to test our Tello APP.
We have also forwarded your case to the R&D department. Could you please provide us some screenshot about the interface of playback?
We highly appreciate your kind understanding.
2019-3-22
Use props
Cabumo
New

Mexico

Hi! Same issue on my Moto G6 Play, with version 8.1 of Android, everything worked fine, the problem occurred when I updated to the version 9.

Firmware Version 1.04.78
App Version 1.3.0.0
Phone Motorola Lenovo G6 Play  ( XT1922-4)
Android 9.0

Regards!
2019-3-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules