48700 54 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lf6391
lvl.2
Flight distance : 943750 ft
Australia

uurcyln Posted at 2019-7-17 14:50
Had the same issue. Mavic2 is my new drone and I've done 10 flights by this time. first five flights were normal but I have had this problem on almost all subsequent flights. It is a pity that dji has not been able to solve this problem for a long time

Been having this problem nearly every flight, such a waste of time trying to fly, have tried all options , cables port's etc, nothing seem to solve the disconnection issues permanently, come on DJI lift your game , not expect this after spending $2500. Photo shows it's not range or tree's etc blocking signal
Screenshot_2020-06-08-14-50-36-40_a5ee424aa9c08de686b6d56de5223d7e.png
2020-8-10
Use props
FaisalFlight79
lvl.1

New Zealand

trust me you need to use the usb port on the bottom of the remote I had the same problem
2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_gsRjlHU5FGo2
New
United States

I don't know if this will help but I find when I turn on the drone first and then turn on the controller I don't seem to have that issue but if I turn on the controller first I seem to have that issue some.
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_C05L9Bjl9ngD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577047 ft
United Kingdom

I had this problem yesterday with my Zoom and have also had the same issue with my Air2.......could it be something to do with the location?
2021-6-6
Use props
djiuser_7aw5P4S6fTcw
New

United Kingdom

i have this all the time.
can be 20m in the air directly above and lose signal and it's doing my head in i've reset everything downgraded everthing and then changed the cable still issues.

will try a small USB to USB-c cable and see if the bottom usb port works better

2021-6-13
Use props
Aileron79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 517779 ft
Norway

My first Mavic II crashed somewhere in the north Atlantic ocean because of this issue. Still, I got myself a new one. Now I had two remotes, tons of cables etc. For quite some time it worked with the new controller - but only if I assembled it first, turned on the drone and then turned on the remote. That's also what I was doing yesterday, but after just a very few seconds in the air I got that Remote Controller Connection Error. Firmware up to date, have a Huawei P30 pro. Using the center USB port, tried different cables, no change. This sucks so much as I am basically unable to fly at all. Any suggestions?
2021-7-4
Use props
djiuser_bqeMsYRxL33x
New

United States

Hi - Anybody have a solid fix for this yet? I just bought a mavic 2 zoom and every flight I get this error. Using samsung s21 and latest firmware.
2021-10-2
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6813868 ft
Australia

I've had this quite a few times recently, it is always  due to the cable USB-C connection in the bottom of my tablet. I use the big USB connection on the bottom of the RC, as the side connection is a bit precarious, and anyway  I need it for external battery power when out in the field flying the whole day.

BTW, some brand new cables are no good- find one that works and stick with it, be careful not to bump it or let it move around in the socket.

I really want a (right angle USB-C) to USB-A cord, which would greatly reduce this problem IMO, but no one seems to make them.

2021-10-8
Use props
8glass
lvl.1

United States

I've been flying my drone and it's been doing great until I was forced to do an update by Dji.
Ever since the update I haven't been able to work my drone correctly.  It connects and disconnects and usually stays disconnected.
I think the class action lawsuit mentioned above and some of the other posts is a good idea.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_40BmFtcsJhJO
New

United States

I think DJI's lack of responsiveness to this issue is unconscionable!
I have the Mavic 2 Pro.
I been flying it for almost two years.
I used it with my Samsung S10
Never had ANY issues.
I used it with the S20 when I upgraded.
No problems until the last DJI update.
I had to go through support to download version of their site because some issue they have with Google so you can't update DJI Go 4 from play store anymore.
Since downloading the update I am getting controller connection issues 98 percent of the time.
Thank God turning off the controller and turning it back on again gave me back control of my drone otherwise it would have been lost forever.
I also purchased the VR headset.
I am going to try that and see if I get any connection issues through the headset.
I AGREE if DJI doesn't address this we SHOULD initiate a class action suit.
We all have a lot of money invested in DJI's equipment!
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_40BmFtcsJhJO
New

United States

8glass Posted at 2021-11-8 14:49
I've been flying my drone and it's been doing great until I was forced to do an update by Dji.
Ever since the update I haven't been able to work my drone correctly.  It connects and disconnects and usually stays disconnected.
I think the class action lawsuit mentioned above and some of the other posts is a good idea.

I agree about starting a class action suit if they dont start looking into this and supply a fix quickly!
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_40BmFtcsJhJO
New

United States

Aileron79 Posted at 2021-7-4 23:25
My first Mavic II crashed somewhere in the north Atlantic ocean because of this issue. Still, I got myself a new one. Now I had two remotes, tons of cables etc. For quite some time it worked with the new controller - but only if I assembled it first, turned on the drone and then turned on the remote. That's also what I was doing yesterday, but after just a very few seconds in the air I got that Remote Controller Connection Error. Firmware up to date, have a Huawei P30 pro. Using the center USB port, tried different cables, no change. This sucks so much as I am basically unable to fly at all. Any suggestions?

Yeah DJI needs to fix their code from the last update!
Too many people having same issue and ruling out cables, controllers etc.
Mine worked flawlessly with my Samsung s10 and s20 phones
Issue only started happening after last update.
We need to ban together and threaten some legal action if DJI doesnt start taking this more seriously
2022-3-8
Use props
grhosso
lvl.1

Germany

Any news from DJI, any official statement?

These issues only demostrate that DJI has no consistent quality in their drones. It is a pitty.
2022-3-14
Use props
Adrian Davies
New
Flight distance : 112 ft
United Kingdom

I to am being this issue with my Mavic 2.
Tried everything but unfortunately nothing fixes this issue.
Basically I've given DJI £1,600 for a done that is not usable and dangerous.
Surely if they can't fix this software issue then a replacement unit that works safely is the only option!!!
2022-4-3
Use props
psteel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6668671 ft
Australia

Synchronize Posted at 2018-12-3 06:26
Today I tried another cable using the bottom USB port of the RC and everything was OK! No errors, no disconnects at all. I guess it was a faulty cable. Thanks for the help, guys. I hope this is the solution to my problem and I'll inform you if the error shows up agian.

I had exact same problem with a couple of different cables. The I paid a bit more and got a quality cable. Problem solved. I think cable price/quality can also be a factor. Now I only buy the decent stuff.
2023-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules