Offline Maps
1151 6 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hello all,
     Why is it that when I try to download an offline map that the capture window is about 30 foot wide and very small in height, can you not reshape the box to make it more square for example.

Regards
Paul

2018-12-1
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Also curious about this...
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Paul, may I have the version number and a screenshot of the window do you refer to? I'd like to forward to the team to check.
2018-12-3
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Susan,

Many Thanks for the reply......

In my Crystalsky 5.5 -> Settings -> Update it shows: V02.06.06.00

In the APP - DJI Go 4 -> Me -> Settings: shows DJI Go 4 v4.3.4 (689 dpadcs)

OK following is going to be 4 screenshots as I zoom in on the location I want to download along with a description.

Here, I have entered Offline Maps and started to zoom in on my location. Notice the small blue rectangle in the center

2018-12-3
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Much closer now and you can see the very elongated rectangle

2018-12-3
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Now I have my chosen site in the center of the view (Shaw Forest Park) within the strange elongated rectangle. It's only the green area of the park I want to download obviously with a little padding around it but all this extra area on the left and right of my target will just waste memory within my Crystalsky. The map is about 4-5 times larger than the area I actually need !

Also, the huge 'Download' button stretching all the way across the bottom of the map view stops us getting a better framing on the map, could the download button not be placed as a button on the white bar at the top of the screen  ???
2018-12-3
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

One other thing I'm curious about - If I zoom in even more then the dotted lines which define walkways appear in the image. If I were to download the map area shown in image 3 above and zoom in on it will it also have the dotted walkways or just the information which is shown in the view at download time   ???

Thanks for you help on this issue Susan

Regards
Paul
2018-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules