5255 67 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cameleon Posted at 12-10 01:29
There is a list on the FAQ section, just not sure everyone at DJI knows it exists or updates it! Or mentions which devices will work via Lightning/USB-C and which will only work over Wifi. I'm guessing the current list is only those with full functionality, ie able to have all functions and work with Lightning/USB-C.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket (under FAQ seciton, scroll down to "APP")

Hi Cameleon, thanks for sharing.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY Posted at 12-10 00:28
Thanks for the reply.

I'll test the one i pre ordered and return it if it doesnt work.

Yes, we have the compatible list on our website as Cameleon mentioned in 40#, please check.
We still recommended to have a test in the local retail store before placing the order since the Return&Refund policy is complicated, please check more details here: GTScreenshot_20181210_195535.png

2018-12-10
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-7 23:47
Hi RobertW, iPad has the same function with the mobile phone, but it will affect the camera rotation because it is too big when connecting to Osmo Pocket via the lightning adaptor, therefore, we recommended to use iPad with the Wireless Module, thanks for your interest.

Hi Mindy
If I understand you right, I can it connect to the iPad mini 4 for activation, but I cannot keep it connected because of the gimbal movement. Please confirm.
Thank you
2018-12-10
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-7 23:44
Hi Cameleon, Osmo Pocket supports iPad but only with the Wireless Module. We will keep testing and update the compatible list, thanks for your attention.

I think a lightning extension cable works too. The app would only have to run on the ipad...
2018-12-10
Use props
SidW
lvl.2
United States

iPads may interfere with gimbal movement. Perhaps DJI can confirm.
2018-12-10
Use props
SidW
lvl.2
United States

iPads and other tablets may interfere with gimbal movement. Perhaps DJI can confirm.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobertW Posted at 12-10 10:12
Hi Mindy
If I understand you right, I can it connect to the iPad mini 4 for activation, but I cannot keep it connected because of the gimbal movement. Please confirm.
Thank you

Yes, that is what I mean. The gimbal movement will be affected when we connecting the iPad via the lightning adapter, that is why we recommend the Wireless module.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SidW Posted at 12-10 11:49
iPads may interfere with gimbal movement. Perhaps DJI can confirm.

Hi SidW, you are right, please check my post in 47#, thanks.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaMa Posted at 12-10 11:01
I think a lightning extension cable works too. The app would only have to run on the ipad...

Hi DaMa, thanks for your suggestion, but we do not have the related extension cable can be recommended, it is recommended to use the Wireless Module.
2018-12-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-9 23:45
Hello there, sorry for my late response and appreciate your interest in DJI Osmo Pocket.
1. Osmo Pocket doesn't support iPod.
2. This phone is not in the compatible list which will be released very soon, we cannot ensure the compatibility, it is recommended to have a test in the local retail store before purchasing: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... andsite&from=footer

Hi Mindy,
FWIW, the iPod IS listed as a compatible device on the Apple App store. (as of 12/11/2018)
It's the last item on the very long list.  Normally I'd show a screen shot, but if it's an error, that would cause confusion.  If you want, I can PM a screen shot.
2018-12-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY Posted at 12-8 18:58
I have 2 devices that I potentially could use, but prior to me buying the Osmo, I'd like confirmation from someone at DJI about using those devices with osmo pocket.

Device 1 - Latest generation ipod touch, which is same specs as iPhone 6, aside from cell functionality. The ipod touch has lightning connector and is on the latest ios version. Will this work?

The biggest limitation for using a Pad or Tablet is that the size interferes with the operation of the gimbal. You have to have a direct connection with the OP connector.  However, when the accessory base is available it will provide a BlueTooth and WiFi capability which allows for "remote" interface/connection.  THEN you would be able to use a device with compatible operating system.  The iPhone 6 is listed as a compatible device.  
Look on the App Store or DJI website for the list of compatibles.
2018-12-12
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-12 04:45
Hi DaMa, thanks for your suggestion, but we do not have the related extension cable can be recommended, it is recommended to use the Wireless Module.

Sure, that was just a suggestion for activation. Makes no sense otherwise. I will test it tomorrow.Accessory is not yet available. Most important to me is the underwater housing...
2018-12-12
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

My Pocket arrived today. Just tested on my iPad (latest version with latest iOS) and it works fine. The Mimo App doesn’t have an iPad specific version, but the iPhone version works fine - just reduced screen size.
2018-12-12
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-12 04:43
Yes, that is what I mean. The gimbal movement will be affected when we connecting the iPad via the lightning adapter, that is why we recommend the Wireless module.

Thank you for clarifying.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WebParrot Posted at 12-12 05:56
Hi Mindy,
FWIW, the iPod IS listed as a compatible device on the Apple App store. (as of 12/11/2018)
It's the last item on the very long list.  Normally I'd show a screen shot, but if it's an error, that would cause confusion.  If you want, I can PM a screen shot.

Hi WebParrot, I have verified again with our engineers that iPod is not supported, please refer to the compatible list in our website: https://www.dji.com/mimo GTScreenshot_20181213_153558.png
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobertW Posted at 12-12 15:20
Thank you for clarifying.

No problem, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaMa Posted at 12-12 12:09
Sure, that was just a suggestion for activation. Makes no sense otherwise. I will test it tomorrow.Accessory is not yet available. Most important to me is the underwater housing...

Thanks, if there is any issue, please let us know.
The underwater case will available in our online store once it is ready, please pay attention to our website of the future release.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-12 13:34
My Pocket arrived today. Just tested on my iPad (latest version with latest iOS) and it works fine. The Mimo App doesn’t have an iPad specific version, but the iPhone version works fine - just reduced screen size. [view_image]

Hi Rogue0ne, thanks for sharing, hope you have a great time with Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-12 23:36
Hi WebParrot, I have verified again with our engineers that iPod is not supported, please refer to the compatible list in our website: https://www.dji.com/mimo[view_image]

Thanks Mindy.  My info was from the App Store for the DJI Mimo App... perhaps the compatibility therein refers to the App, not the OP.
App Store on Dec 13 2018.jpg
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WebParrot Posted at 12-13 06:13
Thanks Mindy.  My info was from the App Store for the DJI Mimo App... perhaps the compatibility therein refers to the App, not the OP.

I know what you are referring to, but this list was generated automatically according to the requirements we input, like the system version and so on, I'm afraid it cannot be deleted, please take the compatible list in our official website as the standard, thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-13 22:43
I know what you are referring to, but this list was generated automatically according to the requirements we input, like the system version and so on, I'm afraid it cannot be deleted, please take the compatible list in our official website as the standard, thank you.

Ahhhhhh.  I understand.  By pure coincidence I was viewing another App called Anki Overdrive ( for an unrelated product that also depended on a phone/tablet) and the Compatibility list was identical!  I see the difficulty.  Thanks for the reply.  I will rely on the list from the DJI site.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WebParrot Posted at 12-14 08:24
Ahhhhhh.  I understand.  By pure coincidence I was viewing another App called Anki Overdrive ( for an unrelated product that also depended on a phone/tablet) and the Compatibility list was identical!  I see the difficulty.  Thanks for the reply.  I will rely on the list from the DJI site.

Thank you very much for your understanding, please keep us updated if there is any other problem.
2018-12-15
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

It works on the Ipad all of them mini reg and pro !~
2018-12-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-1 09:44
Hi Crowesnest, thank you for bringing this query to us. Currently, iPad is not supported with the Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

Mine works with the ipad 4
2018-12-15
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-12 04:45

Hi Mindy,
the extension cable works fine... see no reason why not... with the iPad too.
IMG_0121_1.jpg
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaMa Posted at 12-17 03:53
Hi Mindy,
the extension cable works fine... see no reason why not... with the iPad too.

Glad to know it works and thanks for sharing, we didn't test it officially but hope your test will help other users who have the same concern.
2018-12-18
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI releases a Pocket Camera...and then someone wants to connect to an iPad? Doesnt make sense.........
2018-12-18
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 01:09
DJI releases a Pocket Camera...and then someone wants to connect to an iPad? Doesnt make sense.........

If you read along, certainly. Take a look at #52...
The wireless adapter will change everything, so let’s stay tuned.
2018-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules