Litchi video not working
3070 5 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

New V 2.0 and Litchi will not fully run.  It flies the drone perfectly in FPV but no video.  I do get a one time shot of the first image the camera looks at upon startup but nothing further.  DJI GO 4 is fully functional but I perfer Litchi with its waypoint missions.  I just got the drone but am going to send it back to Amazon if I cannot get Litchi to run.  I have posted several times on several forums so please excuse the duplications but I am desperate to find out while I can still return the drone.  I have Litchi's latest version and also DJI's is v 01.03.0418.  I am now getting notices that I have to upgrade firmware but I don't want to expose myself to new NFZ and GEO restrictions.  So, PLEASE, anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I have queried Litchi support and awaiting their reply.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2018-12-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What are you using as a display? The issue of Litchi not working is not likely to be to do with the Phantom, but more with the phone or tablet you are using. Also, if you already have a P4P V2, then upgrading is not going to introduce any great changes to the NFZ system, it will have most of them already in place.

If I read you correctly, then while you are flying you have a good image of the camera on the screen, but if you try to replay the video file it only shows one frame and freezes?

2018-12-1
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Geebax, I have tried my usual device, the full size iPad and also my iPhone 7 Plus and an older iPhone 6 all with the same problem.  I have no image on the display screen from the drone's camera.  I do get the first image when it starts up but nothing further.  It is just like all works fine with Litchi but the camera is turned off.  

So you think I am safe in upgrading DJI's firmware?  I think I may have to try that next.  I sure don't want to return the drone to Amazon but I must have Litchi waypoint mission capabilities to  fully justify having a drone.  I have around 40 missions saved that I frequently fly and adjust the waypoints to achieve different video results.  That to me is way more interesting than just flying around in FPV mode.  

My wife has two iPads.  Now that you mentioned the display, I am going to download Litchi to each of them and give each a try tomorrow and see if that cures the problem.  It seems likely that you are correct in that it might be the display and not the Phantom.

Thanks a lot,
Jim
WA5TEF
2018-12-1
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Geebax!!!!!  Wow, you solved my problem,!!  I tried a different iPhone with Litchi and it is fully functional now!  I really appreciate your suggestion as you prevented me from packing up the Pro 4 V 2.0 and returning it to Amazon.  I'd never have thought to try a completely different device.  Now to try to figure out what is different in my iPad and iPhone 7 and try to get them on board.

Again, thanks a million!

Jim
WA5TEF
2018-12-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WA5TEF Posted at 12-1 19:43
Geebax!!!!!  Wow, you solved my problem,!!  I tried a different iPhone with Litchi and it is fully functional now!  I really appreciate your suggestion as you prevented me from packing up the Pro 4 V 2.0 and returning it to Amazon.  I'd never have thought to try a completely different device.  Now to try to figure out what is different in my iPad and iPhone 7 and try to get them on board.

Again, thanks a million!

I am glad it worked out for you. I hope it works good with Litchi, it should because Litchi is less demanding than Go4.
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. We're hoping that you could get the best suggestion to possibly fix the issue when using the third party application from our valued customers. Please always have a safe flight!
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules