Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disable auto landing?
13023 70 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Fiji

ATJ Posted at 12-3 08:16
The software is where you program the parameters for the AC. When the AC and RC connect the RC sends that information to the AC and the AC stores that information until it is changed, If the RC/Software is sending erroneous information to the AC, the AC may be interpreting this information incorrectly therefore causing the AC to act in this manner. I would also suggest reformatting the SD card, where a copy of this information is held. I don't know about you, but this is how I would approach this problem.

Are you sure you don't work for DJI support? This is their support rationale.
2018-12-3
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Fiji

msinger Posted at 12-3 05:41
Reinstalling DJI GO is not going to do anything since the auto landing is initiated by the aircraft itself.

The only thing that will fix this one is not flying at full stick in sport mode in strong winds (to keep the battery voltage from dipping) and not flying at extremely high altitudes (1,600+ feet in this case) when the battery is low.

I had to fly at that height to maintain LOS and to get the shot I wanted unfortunately. I agree with what you're saying but I'd prefer to make the call on when to land, not have the software do the 'thinking' for me. The auto landing sequence was prematurely calculated especially considering I was flying into a head wind and had a tail wind for the return path.

DJI should allow advanced pilots the option of disabling or cancelling auto landing IMO.
2018-12-3
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

See the comment from @Dirty Bird above. That is the only way you're going to be able to do what you're suggesting. I'm assuming you already know this, but doing that will void your DJI warranty.
2018-12-3
Use props
ATJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

gyrex Posted at 12-3 10:17
I had to fly at that height to maintain LOS and to get the shot I wanted unfortunately. I agree with what you're saying but I'd prefer to make the call on when to land, not have the software do the 'thinking' for me. The auto landing sequence was prematurely calculated especially considering I was flying into a head wind and had a tail wind for the return path.

DJI should allow advanced pilots the option of disabling or cancelling auto landing IMO.

Ok so when I set my Critically Low Battery warning percentage in the software at 10%. My AC starts to force land when my battery level says 10% on the Home Screen. When set at 15% the AC starts to force land when my battery level says 15%. So on and so forth. So we must not be talking abouth the same thing.
2018-12-3
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ATJ Posted at 12-3 10:47
Ok so when I set my Critically Low Battery warning percentage in the software at 10%. My AC starts to force land when my battery level says 10% on the Home Screen. When set at 15% the AC starts to force land when my battery level says 15%. So on and so forth. So we must not be talking abouth the same thing.[view_image]

The "Critical Battery Warning" does nothing but display a message in DJI GO when the battery reaches that level. If that setting was actually used, this would be an easy fix for the OP. He could just go in and set that to 10% and Bob would be his uncle.
2018-12-3
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Fiji

msinger Posted at 12-3 10:33
See the comment from @Dirty Bird above. That is the only way you're going to be able to do what you're suggesting. I'm assuming you already know this, but doing that will void your DJI warranty.

Thanks mate. Can you pm me how I can do this?
2018-12-3
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Fiji

msinger Posted at 12-3 10:54
The "Critical Battery Warning" does nothing but display a message in DJI GO when the battery reaches that level. If that setting was actually used, this would be an easy fix for the OP. He could just go in and set that to 10% and Bob would be his uncle.

Correct. I appreciate this guy trying to help but he really doesn't know what he's talking about.
2018-12-3
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Fiji

And this is the problem with companies deciding what's best for their customers. Instead of providing customers the option of disabling a dangerous feature such as this, they impose what they think is good practice and as a result, customers have to circumvent the software (root) to fix it themselves and they've opened up Pandora's box. Ridiculous.
2018-12-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would seem that the critical low battery setting in DJI Go 4 sets the lowest value at which the aircraft will Autoland. I have done a few short range tests recently, and get the 'low battery warning' notification followed by a forced landing at the 'critical battery warning' 10 % mark, or whatever value it was set at. However in this case  high altitude and high demand in sport mode appears to have triggered the critical landing at a higher value. A failsafe perhaps to ensure the aircraft gets back in one piece. Or adjustment needed in firmware ? I've not witnessed this myself on my aircraft, but I've never flown at such altitude, and I'm not usually in sport mode when filming.
2018-12-3
Use props
ATJ
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 12-3 12:54
It would seem that the critical low battery setting in DJI Go 4 sets the lowest value at which the aircraft will Autoland. I have done a few short range tests recently, and get the 'low battery warning' notification followed by a forced landing at the 'critical battery warning' 10 % mark, or whatever value it was set at. However in this case  high altitude and high demand in sport mode appears to have triggered the critical landing at a higher value. A failsafe perhaps to ensure the aircraft gets back in one piece. Or adjustment needed in firmware ? I've not witnessed this myself on my aircraft, but I've never flown at such altitude, and I'm not usually in sport mode when filming.

I found this post gyrex. Because your altitude and flying in the Sport mode this may be why your Critically Low Battery may be showing prematurely.

I still feel that the forced or auto landing is controlled by the software and SHOULD BE A FEATURE YOU CAN DISABLE!!!
2018-12-3
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Vanuatu

Aardvark Posted at 12-3 12:54

Wrong. It's got nothing to do with the critical battery setting. Mine is set to 10% and auto landing was initiated at 35%.
2018-12-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

gyrex Posted at 12-3 13:26
Wrong. It's got nothing to do with the critical battery setting. Mine is set to 10% and auto landing was initiated at 35%.

The battery capacity level is not absolute, because battery capacity cannot be measured. It has to be calculated by the aircraft by knowing how much charge the battery received and how much energy has been withdrawn by the aircraft. The aircraft is only using the critical levels as a guide, it is in fact monitoring the cell voltage of each cell in the pack and is making decisions based on that information. So flying in Sport Mode, into a headwind or at low temperatures, all can trigger a critical battery condition and force a landing.
2018-12-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's exactly what I said, 10% represents the lowest value at which it will Autoland, with your aircraft at the extremes of load on battery and altitude, this, by fault or design has triggered a critical landing. Not at the lowest setting (10% default) but at a much higher value.
2018-12-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 12-3 13:33
The battery capacity level is not absolute, because battery capacity cannot be measured. It has to be calculated by the aircraft by knowing how much charge the battery received and how much energy has been withdrawn by the aircraft. The aircraft is only using the critical levels as a guide, it is in fact monitoring the cell voltage of each cell in the pack and is making decisions based on that information. So flying in Sport Mode, into a headwind or at low temperatures, all can trigger a critical battery condition and force a landing.

"it is in fact monitoring the cell voltage of each cell in the pack and is making decisions based on that information. "

And that sums it up nicely.
2018-12-3
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gyrex Posted at 12-3 12:08
Thanks mate. Can you pm me how I can do this?

See the mods here.
2018-12-3
Use props
ATJ
First Officer
United States

Obviously you did not watch the video, critically low battery can be triggered by HARD USE which it appears you put your AC through.

You know what they say, everybody is else is wrong when your the only one that is right.
2018-12-3
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Fiji

ATJ Posted at 12-3 14:18
Obviously you did not watch the video, critically low battery can be triggered by HARD USE which it appears you put your AC through.

You know what they say, everybody is else is wrong when your the only one that is right.

Oh ok, so my previous flight where I didn't use sport mode and at moderate (100m) altitude when an auto landing process was triggered at ~30% can be accounted for how?

There was a guy earlier on in the thread who hit the nail on the head on how auto landing is triggered (by using similar algorithms to smart RTH) but you guys ignored it. In any case, I don't particularly care how it's triggered. I want to either disable it or have an option to cancel it if triggered. The auto landing feature didn't exist on earlier firmware revisions and arguing about the process in which its triggered isn't helpful nor productive.
2018-12-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

gyrex Posted at 12-3 14:35
Oh ok, so my previous flight where I didn't use sport mode and at moderate (100m) altitude when an auto landing process was triggered at ~30% can be accounted for how?

There was a guy earlier on in the thread who hit the nail on the head on how auto landing is triggered (by using similar algorithms to smart RTH) but you guys ignored it. In any case, I don't particularly care how it's triggered. I want to either disable it or have an option to cancel it if triggered. The auto landing feature didn't exist on earlier firmware revisions and arguing about the process in which its triggered isn't helpful nor productive.

Well, the simple truth is that DJI are not going to give you the option to disable it, historically they do not pay any attention to these requests. They apparently think it is a good idea.
2018-12-3
Use props
Bart B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

When it goes into auto landing  will upstick keep it in the air (never owned a phantom)? I know it does on the mavic 2 I do it when I run my batteries down for a maintenance cycle 8%. Watch this bird stay in the air .

2018-12-7
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Great Flight.....lucky ending !  
Well Done
2018-12-7
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Fiji

Bart B Posted at 12-7 19:08
When it goes into auto landing  will upstick keep it in the air (never owned a phantom)? I know it does on the mavic 2 I do it when I run my batteries down for a maintenance cycle 8%. Watch this bird stay in the air .

https://youtu.be/TB7xjDTS6IM

It does but it makes it challenging if you're trying to take videos or photos. I just wish you could cancel it or disable it completely!
2018-12-7
Use props
Bart B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

Agreed it would make it difficult, should be an option!
2018-12-8
Use props
Fly Squadcopter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709918 ft
United States

Hey guys, I am testing a method that might be a solution to this. I have searched all over the internet on how to disable the low battery auto-landing and haven't found anything useful...so I started messing around with the programming on the parameters, I am going to test this method and if it works I will post a yt video on exactly how to do it ;)
2020-1-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This thread kind of reminds me of the guy who posted a while back that he feathered the throttle to keep it aloft while the battery dipped below 10%.  Then, the battery suddenly shut itself off at something like 5% and his P3 went into the lake.  He immediately began angrily blaming DJI for manufacturing a faulty product.  
2020-1-4
Use props
Fly Squadcopter
lvl.1
United States

Hello phantom 4 community! Ive been trying to figure out how to disable auto landing and it seemed like you guys had no luck so I decided to try everything
20210123_213225.jpg
20210123_213105.jpg
20210123_212731.jpg
20210123_212715.jpg
20210123_212650.jpg
2021-1-23
Use props
Fly Squadcopter
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2020-1-4 05:22
This thread kind of reminds me of the guy who posted a while back that he feathered the throttle to keep it aloft while the battery dipped below 10%.  Then, the battery suddenly shut itself off at something like 5% and his P3 went into the lake.  He immediately began angrily blaming DJI for manufacturing a faulty product.

Check my next comment ;)
2021-1-23
Use props
Fly Squadcopter
lvl.1
United States

Fly Squadcopter Posted at 1-23 19:51
Hello phantom 4 community! Ive been trying to figure out how to disable auto landing and it seemed like you guys had no luck so I decided to try everything[Image]

Im not sure why the rest of my comment cant be seen, basically you need both NoLimitDronez app and a dev mode dji assistant 2
2021-1-23
Use props
Fly Squadcopter
lvl.1
United States

Fly Squadcopter Posted at 1-23 19:54
Im not sure why the rest of my comment cant be seen, basically you need both NoLimitDronez app and a dev mode dji assistant 2

Theyre are youtube videos on how to do the download, setup and modify process for the programs. Good luck!
2021-1-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Fly Squadcopter Posted at 1-23 19:57
Theyre are youtube videos on how to do the download, setup and modify process for the programs. Good luck!

Sorry but that's not going to keep the battery from shutting itself off.  
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_2hDpgGfaii0H
New

United States

The autoland/rth ignores my cancel command and lands in the leaves and sticks and grass next to the nice, safe landing pad I'm trying to fly it to. Very annoying and bad for my props. I let it do its thing the first time without interrupting and it landed in the woods beside my house. About 200ft away from the home point. Hit branches, crashed. Nothing I can do. This needs to be fixed. I don't feel like I'm in full control of this thing any more. With the laws changing the way they are soon, this could get me into serious trouble if it comes down in the just the wrong spot and it needs to be addressed ASAP.
2022-12-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_2hDpgGfaii0H Posted at 12-5 15:19
The autoland/rth ignores my cancel command and lands in the leaves and sticks and grass next to the nice, safe landing pad I'm trying to fly it to. Very annoying and bad for my props. I let it do its thing the first time without interrupting and it landed in the woods beside my house. About 200ft away from the home point. Hit branches, crashed. Nothing I can do. This needs to be fixed. I don't feel like I'm in full control of this thing any more. With the laws changing the way they are soon, this could get me into serious trouble if it comes down in the just the wrong spot and it needs to be addressed ASAP.

Nothing I can do. This needs to be fixed.
Nothing at all .... except flying sensibly and bringing the drone home before the tank runs dry.
If it was a real plane and you were sitting at the controls, would you keep flying until you ran out of fuel?
Or would you land with a sensible reserve of fuel in the tank?

You know that your drone will autoland wherever it is if you run the battery to critical low voltage level.
Plan to have it back before then.

2022-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules