M210 rtk check redundancy state
1851 4 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J.McKenzie.101
lvl.1
Canada

I work in an open pit iron mine.  We bought this unit to combat magnetic interference, it is inescapable.  Every time I try to use the drone, I have to deal with this error "check redundancy state"  I have the firmware (drone, battery sets, credence/crystal sky, base station, all of the components) up to date as of Friday, November 30th, 2018.

I always get the unit to fly in the end, but it is a struggle, and I would rather it just worked.

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello J.McKenzie.101, sorry for the troubles with the drone, please check if there is any abnormality with GPS, IMU and compass, will the notification pop-up again after the calibration?
2018-12-3
Use props
J.McKenzie.101
lvl.1
Canada

From what I know, which may be limited, the 210 RTK navigates with the RTK systems, not a compass? As we are working in an iron mine, compass calibration is very hard to do successfully.

I have only ever calibrated the UAV once, this past Saturday, December 2nd 2018.  The error did reappear.  If i turn the RTK navigation off, the error will disappear.  But then the UAV flys like it is drunk, so that is not a viable option, not to mention that I bought the RTK unit so that I would have safe, clean flights in a magnetically unpredictable region.

So, how can I reliably check the GPS, IMU and Compass for abnormality's?  Also what sort of things can cause there to be abnormality in the unit?

The error "check redundancy state" should be a little more descriptive as well.  It seems hard to understand what the issue is from such a statement. it could say "Check redundancy - IMU may need calibration" or something like that to help the end user trouble shoot their specific issue.  These UAVs are not toys that people want to play with, they are tools that people are using to be productive.  Having Issues that are difficult to understand, and require extensive correspondence to understand is just extra time that production suffers.
2018-12-3
Use props
aldrichg9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 326890 ft
  • >>>
United States

J.McKenzie.101 Posted at 12-3 05:01
From what I know, which may be limited, the 210 RTK navigates with the RTK systems, not a compass? As we are working in an iron mine, compass calibration is very hard to do successfully.

I have only ever calibrated the UAV once, this past Saturday, December 2nd 2018.  The error did reappear.  If i turn the RTK navigation off, the error will disappear.  But then the UAV flys like it is drunk, so that is not a viable option, not to mention that I bought the RTK unit so that I would have safe, clean flights in a magnetically unpredictable region.

Did you try calibrating at a place without interference?
Take it home and see how it acts.
2018-12-6
Use props
J.McKenzie.101
lvl.1
Canada

aldrichg9 Posted at 12-6 11:34
Did you try calibrating at a place without interference?
Take it home and see how it acts.

I got feedback from DJI tech support.

The check redundancy state error shoes up when the compass or IMU are reporting interference/inconsistent readings than the RTK system.

You can turn the RTK navigation off, before flying, then calibrate the IMU or compass through the "sensors" section of the settings on your tablet.  that should clear the "Check redundancy state" error and allow you to take off.

2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules