2476 32 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It looks like Europe will not receive before Christmas , dji seem to have ditched European customers in favour of US customers and US stores. I for one am disappointed that this was not mentioned previous to ordering, underhand by dji .

10 working days to US customers and stores 20 Days to Europe and this includes personal customers who purchased from dji.com

It looks like from today dji have changed shipping to Europe it is now equivalent to the rest of the World, so hopefully those who ordered early will indeed receive before Christmas.
2018-12-2
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71975 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, where did you get this info from?  I thought it was 15-20 days for everyone?  Can DJI comment on the Europe (UK) position?
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TimK1 Posted at 12-2 15:34
Hi, where did you get this info from?  I thought it was 15-20 days for everyone?  Can DJI comment on the Europe (UK) position?

Well it’s 10 to 15 days to US all US stores reporting they will have it on 15th. In Europe it’s 15 to 20 working days, for shipping  so from yesterday there are approx 17 working days to Christmas , if you check Amazon sellers reporting that this item may not be available before Xmas , you will notice here no word from dji.
This would be very new to dji to distribute to retailers before those who purchased on their online store, particularly those who have also purchased dji select and were promised delivery for them would be expedited, if all this is true then dji have a lot to answer for and have shown a total disregard for all their European customers.
It would have been a courtesy to customers to let them know that deliveries to Europe would be after Christmas.
I may have got this wrong but when I went to Amazon to check I realised something fishy going on.
2018-12-2
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Doesn't sound good, hopefully DJI will comment and clarify :-(
2018-12-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I am sure it will be available in Europe before the Christmas for customers that observe it by Julian Calendar.

Joking aside, yes, it's true that Europe is underserved and overcharged by DJI and US being the main market.
I've learned that lesson with Mavic Air... so now only buying in shops where I can physically get the equipment.
It's usually also cheaper than in DJI online store and no shipping costs.
2018-12-3
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 12-3 03:12
I am sure it will be available in Europe before the Christmas for customers that observe it by Julian Calendar.

Joking aside, yes, it's true that Europe is underserved and overcharged by DJI and US being the main market.

DJI  Mindy posted somewhere that pre-orders will ship on 15th (which is a Saturday so seems odd), but hopefully might arrive by 18th - i hope so as I'm off travelling on 19th over the holidays :-)
2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TimK1 Posted at 12-3 03:54
DJI  Mindy posted somewhere that pre-orders will ship on 15th (which is a Saturday so seems odd), but hopefully might arrive by 18th - i hope so as I'm off travelling on 19th over the holidays :-)

It’s the 15th working day, dji don’t count Saturday or Sunday as working days.
I’m also travelling on 21st not holding out much hope.
2018-12-3
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Well that sucks. ☹️

Heliguy in the UK already have a load in stock but their preorders have now been filled - and the chap I spoke to said unlikely to get another batch before Christmas. They’re not allowed to send them out though until DJI say so which is probably 15th (working day I assume now).  So those lucky few who got their orders in with Heliguy should be ok :-)

2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TimK1 Posted at 12-3 06:02
Well that sucks.

Heliguy in the UK already have a load in stock but there preorders have now been filled so unlikely to get another batch before Christmas. They’re not allowed to send them out though until DJI say so which is probably 15th (working day I assume now).

Thanks TimK1, hopefully you bring us glad tidings.
2018-12-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

On a happy side note, dji could troll eu customers more... like having some contest like: Share your X-mas moments filmed with Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 12-3 07:53
On a happy side note, dji could troll eu customers more... like having some contest like: Share your X-mas moments filmed with Osmo Pocket.

Well hopefully we get some in Europe, dji don’t know what they’re missing.

Would like to get hold of one because I have two weeks holidays and I’m travelling, great time to familiarize yourself with gadgets lol.
2018-12-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-3 08:28
Well hopefully we get some in Europe, dji don’t know what they’re missing.

Would like to get hold of one because I have two weeks holidays and I’m travelling, great time to familiarize yourself with gadgets lol.

You should switch career to be the influencer... Get new gear for free ahead of time.
2018-12-3
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI did not expect so much demand or delivered all Osmo Pocket to YouTubers?

2018-12-3
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

TimK1 Posted at 12-3 06:02
Well that sucks. ☹️

Heliguy in the UK already have a load in stock but their preorders have now been filled - and the chap I spoke to said unlikely to get another batch before Christmas. They’re not allowed to send them out though until DJI say so which is probably 15th (working day I assume now).  So those lucky few who got their orders in with Heliguy should be ok :-)

Damn I was considering putting an order in with HeliGuy just on the off chance they got some. Too slow I guess. Will stick to my DJI direct order. Said 15-20 working days from order when I placed it, so hopefully just before xmas, and if not should deffo be before our hols towards the end of Jan, and if it doesn't come by then I'll be a bit annoyed! LOL!  
2018-12-4
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

TimK1 Posted at 12-3 03:54
DJI  Mindy posted somewhere that pre-orders will ship on 15th (which is a Saturday so seems odd), but hopefully might arrive by 18th - i hope so as I'm off travelling on 19th over the holidays :-)

One important note for travelers: The Pocket uses LiPo batteries NOT Li-Ion. This will make a big difference for air travel as the pocket will not be allowed in the cabin on most airlines for this reason.
2018-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fschilder Posted at 12-6 08:00
One important note for travelers: The Pocket uses LiPo batteries NOT Li-Ion. This will make a big difference for air travel as the pocket will not be allowed in the cabin on most airlines for this reason.

I don’t believe that’s true, I have carried many lipo batteries on board aircraft, they are certainly a lot safer on board than in the hold we’re you can keep an eye on them, there are on some airlines limits which can be brought on board, but you will absolutely not be allowed to put in as luggage in the hold.
If you want to be ultra safe for $5 you can purchase a lipo bag.
2018-12-6
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

One important note for travelers: The Pocket uses LiPo batteries NOT Li-Ion. This will make a big difference for air travel as the pocket will not be allowed in the cabin on most airlines for this reason.

My understanding is the Wh rating of the battery is so small it does not have an impact on carry on luggage.
British Airways for exmaple allows you to have a device and 4 spare batteries so long as the batteries are under 100Wh each. The Osmo Pocket is ~7Wh according to DJI so quite some way under the limit.
2018-12-7
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

What happen to hallmark007 posts?
2018-12-7
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

One important note for travelers: The Pocket uses LiPo batteries NOT Li-Ion. This will make a big difference for air travel as the pocket will not be allowed in the cabin on most airlines for this reason.

Lipo batteries can only be carried in the cabin so no issue at all.
2018-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DanielVieira Posted at 12-7 05:54

He apparently is banned by the forum admins.
You can no longer see what he wrote in any post.
2018-12-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Maybe DJI is waiting for the app to be released as i cannot see that's it is available at this time.
2018-12-9
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 11:43
He apparently is banned by the forum admins.
You can no longer see what he wrote in any post.

Oh ok...to bad for him...
2018-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DanielVieira Posted at 12-10 00:18
Oh ok...to bad for him...

They probably have their reasons (although also probably won't publish them)
2018-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DanielVieira Posted at 12-7 05:54

He is back
2018-12-10
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Im getting mine tomorrow, here from the local Dji store
2018-12-10
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Its pretty much like your smartphone battery, so there wont be any problem
2018-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CineView Media Posted at 12-10 15:00
Im getting mine tomorrow, here from the local Dji store

Good luck with that, app is not released until after 15th from what I’ve been told.
2018-12-10
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 12-10 15:17
Good luck with that, app is not released until after 15th from what I’ve been told.

New date is the 12th ;)
2018-12-11
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CineView Media Posted at 12-11 02:12
New date is the 12th ;)

Makes sense why retailers are now suggesting they are shipping today, wonder if DJI have been waiting on Apple as mentioned in other threads.
2018-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CineView Media Posted at 12-11 02:12
New date is the 12th ;)

Mine shipped today so that should be right.
2018-12-11
Use props
Ray60
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Those in the UK that had early paid orders should have had notification from DHL and a tracking number by now. A UK shipment came in at Heathrow airport late last night and shipped to local depots early this morning (Sat 51th Dec) and I'm expecting to get a text either tomorrow or Monday as mine has reached the Maidstone (Kent) depot and it has to be a signed for delivery. Unfortunately, as it's a Christmas present I won't find out straight away what it is like or even if it's in good condition. Ho, hum.
2018-12-15
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

I received mine today in the Netherlands (Europe), and some shops here have been selling them for some days.
2018-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NoëI Posted at 12-15 13:40
I received mine today in the Netherlands (Europe), and some shops here have been selling them for some days.

I just got message about mine, it’s at local DHL depot so should have Monday/Tuesday.
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules