Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mounting Osmo Pocket on Tripod before accessories arrive
7347 22 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aside from connecting to a mobile phone and then using a cell phone mount, anyone come up with a way to mount the Osmo Pocket on a tripod?
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Moni, thank you for bringing this query to us. There are ways to connect the Osmo Pocket in a Tripod.
Method 1: Use the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module as a flat base.
Method 2: Attach Osmo Pocket to the Extension Rod, which has a 1/4" tripod mount to which you can attach a third-party tripod or base.
Method 3: Attach Osmo Pocket to the Accessory Mount, which is capable of connecting to a tripod

Hope this helps. Thank you.

2018-12-2
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 08:18
Hi Moni, thank you for bringing this query to us. There are ways to connect the Osmo Pocket in a Tripod.
Method 2: Attach Osmo Pocket to the Extension Rod, which has a 1/4" tripod mount to which you can attach a third-party tripod or base.

Thank you. My apologies. I meant what options had anyone tried aside from waiting for DJI's options to become available.
2018-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You would have to look for a clamp with 1/4 or 3/8 female thread. Something like this.
https://www.eurooptic.com/kestre ... th-0807-tripod.aspx
I'm not sure if it will hold the OP, but something like that.

2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Moni Johnson Posted at 12-2 10:36
Thank you. My apologies. I meant what options had anyone tried aside from waiting for DJI's options to become available.

No worries Moni. Cheers!
2018-12-3
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-2 11:07
You would have to look for a clamp with 1/4 or 3/8 female thread. Something like this.
https://www.eurooptic.com/kestrel-tripod-clamp-hold-any-kestrel-meter-on-1-4-20-tripod-mount-goes-with-0807-tripod.aspx
I'm not sure if it will hold the OP, but something like that.

Great suggestion! Thank you.

One DJI module came available yesterday so I cancelled my original order or then placed a new one that included the OP and the module.
2018-12-4
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I have a Kenu Stance mini tripod for my iPhone SE (and iPhone 5s before that.)  It's a great little pocket tripod that uses the phone's Lightning port to support it.

The Osmo Pocket has a USB-C port on the bottom of the grip and it weighs almost the same as the iPhone SE.  Kenu makes a version of the Stance Tripod that fits USB-C phones/devices.  This might be a great small tripod for the Osmo Pocket.

Here's a short video showing it off with an iPhone.  There are reviews out there demonstrating the USB-C model and the micro-USB model as well.

I'm considering using the Stance when I get my Osmo Pocket.  Anyway, I hope this helps if you don't need a full size tripod.

2018-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Moni Johnson Posted at 12-4 17:37
Great suggestion! Thank you.

One DJI module came available yesterday so I cancelled my original or then placed a new one that included the OP and the module.

Nice     
2018-12-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I will use my Quad Lock case! I have tripod access for it. So my OP, connected to my iPhone, could be mounted on a tripod as well.
2018-12-4
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 12-4 18:59
I have a Kenu Stance mini tripod for my iPhone SE (and iPhone 5s before that.)  It's a great little pocket tripod that uses the phone's Lightning port to support it.

The Osmo Pocket has a USB-C port on the bottom of the grip and it weighs almost the same as the iPhone SE.  Kenu makes a version of the Stance Tripod that fits USB-C phones/devices.  This might be a great small tripod for the Osmo Pocket.

Great suggestion but I was looking for an option that would work without connecting to a phone.
Update: Oops! I misread! I see what you're saying now. That is awesome! Thanks.
2018-12-5
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

The Osmo Pocket has a USB-C port on the bottom of the grip and it weighs almost the same as the iPhone SE.  Kenu makes a version of the Stance Tripod that fits USB-C phones/devices.  This might be a great small tripod for the Osmo Pocket.

Looks like a good option, shame its £20 in the UK vs $10 in the US
2018-12-6
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am thinking it might be light enough that a Gear Tie might work. I have a bunch for camping geaf.
2018-12-11
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find it kind of crazy that this device needs an after market high dollar item for things like mounting to a tripod or using an external mic or bluetooth and wifi. By the time your done your at $500
2018-12-13
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 12-13 11:20
I find it kind of crazy that this device needs an after market high dollar item for things like mounting to a tripod or using an external mic or bluetooth and wifi. By the time your done your at $500

It amused me that everyone given free product before launch and selling it as a YouTube influencer initially focused on the fact this was 50$ cheaper than the Hereo Go Pro without mentioning that it doesn't even come with an SD card (which the Go Pro does).

As you say, to be truly usable you're looking at a whole ton of accessories - most of which don't have a price yet, and none of which have any kind of date they'll actually be available to purchase.
2018-12-13
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56722 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 08:18

This the most arogand post by. Dji moderator i ever see....
2018-12-19
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56722 ft
United States

I love it...a specialy the idea i can open beer with it
2018-12-19
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

I am using my tabletop RRS tripod with a mefoto phone clamp that has a built in arca Swiss base. Works great.
2018-12-19
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

I am using the CAMVATE Super Clamp to mount my Osmo Pocket or iPad Pro to a tripod. The clamp has multiple 1/4 inch threads to allow vertical or horizontal mounting. I can also use the clamp on my walking stick with a camera mount to use as a selfie stick. Works Great!

2018-12-22
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I made my own mount while I am waiting for anything else. This solution cost me nothing. Used some scrap pices of molding, some selfadhesive rubber foam (to protect the OP) and a 1/4"-20 T-Nut. Full access to both microphones as well as the USB C port.

Tripod Mount

Tripod Mount
2018-12-22
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

If you know someone with a 3D printer there are designs for a GoPro / Action camera style adapter that would allow you to connect it to a tripod with the appropriate adapter.
https://www.thingiverse.com/sear ... dwh=475c1ecc160632e
2018-12-22
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-12-22
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

I saw someone put it in a microphone holder. Till now definitely the best not 3D printed "hack" that I've seen.

With a little bit of tweaking this will aslo fit on a tripot.
See around 3:33 into the video how it looks

2018-12-23
Use props
Jamer
New
Flight distance : 51444 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Cameleon Posted at 2018-12-6 06:44
Looks like a good option, shame its £20 in the UK vs $10 in the US

You can try Amazon and ship it to UK
2019-2-28