Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
can it live stream?
123Next >
52187 114 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbaf1ec9c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7293 ft
United States

Hi ,   I just heard about the osmo pocket .  my question is can it live stream on the go or is there a wokr around that anyone knows of that i can somehow connect it to my phone and use my phone to livestraem to youtube and facebook ?
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. As of the time being, Livestream feature or broadcasting live to Facebook or YouTube is not supported. Thank you.
2018-12-2
Use props
fansbaf1ec9c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7293 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 08:40
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. As of the time being, Livestream feature or broadcasting live to Facebook or YouTube is not supported. Thank you.

thanks for the reply .  You would think  you would have added this feature to live stream. It's not hard and I will wait before buying
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansbaf1ec9c Posted at 12-3 09:28
thanks for the reply .  You would think  you would have added this feature to live stream. It's not hard and I will wait before buying

Hi, kindly visit our website for any updates. We appreciate your patience.
2018-12-3
Use props
fans511d059c
New

United States

Is this something that is planned to be added in later firmware updates?
2018-12-6
Use props
Alex C Barr
New

United States

I would also like the ability to stream on Facebook and YouTube! When it says it works with sharing communities that's what I thought it meant, was kinda disappointed. Really look forward to seeing this feature!
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans511d059c Posted at 12-6 09:36

Hello there, we don't have this plan currently, if there is any update, we will release on our website.
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alex C Barr Posted at 12-6 15:43
I would also like the ability to stream on Facebook and YouTube! When it says it works with sharing communities that's what I thought it meant, was kinda disappointed. Really look forward to seeing this feature!

Hi Alex, we don't have this plan currently, if there is any update, we will release on our website. Sorry for the inconvenience that may cause.
2018-12-7
Use props
tldr
New

United States

fans511d059c Posted at 12-6 09:36

Registered just to make this comment.
Without the ability to Live Stream I will be passing on this product. That means I will not be purchasing the Oslo Pocket because of a missing common feature.

Seems like it would be easy to stream when a phone is connected.

For this feature  to not even be planned is just silly.
2018-12-13
Use props
jlenoach
lvl.1

United States

Osmo Pocket should absolutely Live Steam FB-  the original Osmos do- why would this be omitted? Please add feature
2018-12-14
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

I would also like this feature.
2018-12-14
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 08:40

Another category that goes to the Gopro7
2018-12-15
Use props
RBenros
New

United States

The fact that u cannot live stream to FB/YouTube is s show stopper for me.
I would hope that a firmware/software update is released soon to enable this.
C’mom DJI pay the license fee and enable this.
2018-12-16
Use props
jojopig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44334 ft
Hong Kong

DJI please hear us, you make great hardwares, that is no doubt.
However, missing the live streaming capability is absolutely a low-level mistake.
Come on, Osmo Mobile 1/2 both support it, why is Osmo Pocket not having it? It is just a simple software feature which you can easily incorporate in the DJI Mimo. Don't get lazy and do the right thing please!
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_4c2urlC1WFul
lvl.2

United States

The bestwork around this is to use an app called streamlabs and you can livestream your phone screen open up the dji app and there you go seeing as how you cant swipe up and remove everything from screen like the old osmo app sucks but thats my work around to stream on it  
2018-12-16
Use props
Seanspin
New
Flight distance : 21493 ft
United States

I have really been looking hard at the Osmo Pocket, but one of my major requirements is to Live Stream with FB and YT. I am perplexed as to why DJI would not make this a part and a huge part of their marketing to gain "that" audience. I really hope that there will be a QUICK announcement of a firmware fix for this as to if I spend on the Hero 7 Black instead, I won't earmark more money to buy the Osmo Pocket. Please heed this suggestion as the many others agree. This will make or break the sales for DJI. Thanks for your strong technologies that you bring to the market!
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_lOpSNpt84PB7
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-7 00:42
Hi Alex, we don't have this plan currently, if there is any update, we will release on our website. Sorry for the inconvenience that may cause.

Yes please give us the ability to live stream to Facebook and YouTube. I got my Osmo pocket today and assumed that it would do this. Just went to try, but couldn't and came here looking for how.

Please update this ASAP.
2018-12-17
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

No the pocket can't do live stream..   First version is always lacking a few things..  
2018-12-17
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 12-15 13:11
Another category that goes to the Gopro7

Agree....   GoPro 7 does live stream...  Has many features that the Pocket does not...  

The pocket has better footage especially at night but it's a shame a few things have not been included..  I guess DJI can't do it all in the first version or they wouldn't have anything left to upgrade in V 2.0  
2018-12-17
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 12-17 19:36
Agree....   GoPro 7 does live stream...  Has many features that the Pocket does not...  

The pocket has better footage especially at night but it's a shame a few things have not been included..  I guess DJI can't do it all in the first version or they wouldn't have anything left to upgrade in V 2.0

Gopro7 night footage has improved with latest firmware. I have both Gopro and Pocket. I like that I can set my gopro anywhere and control it from my phone whereas with the pocket I need to have it ATTACHED to phone to get all the features.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_lOpSNpt84PB7 Posted at 12-17 19:18
Yes please give us the ability to live stream to Facebook and YouTube. I got my Osmo pocket today and assumed that it would do this. Just went to try, but couldn't and came here looking for how.

Please update this ASAP.

Hi there, we do not have this plan currently, but your need will be transferred to our engineers for attention.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, your need and request have been escalated to our engineers for attention in the future development, we also hope you will have a better experience with our product, please note the future update, thank you all for your support.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans4d1a9703
New

United Kingdom

I actually only bought the pocket osmo as I read a review that said it live streamed. So disappointed to have received it today, hooked up the phone and... nothing! What’s the point of having all the 4g + quality video together???
2018-12-18
Use props
fans4d1a9703
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_lOpSNpt84PB7 Posted at 12-17 19:18

Please update this ASAP.

I’m exactly the same position. So disappointed, will be throwing my new purchase into a drawer as quickly as I took it out the box!
2018-12-18
Use props
Ray of Hope
lvl.3
Australia

djiuser_4c2urlC1WFul Posted at 12-16 21:56
The bestwork around this is to use an app called streamlabs and you can livestream your phone screen open up the dji app and there you go seeing as how you cant swipe up and remove everything from screen like the old osmo app sucks but thats my work around to stream on it

Thanks for this idea. I just tested it live streaming to YouTube. I can't share the link here, but if you search youtube for "DJI osmo pocket live stream". You should find it.

It is ok, but I don't think it is good enough for what I want to do.
2018-12-18
Use props
Ray of Hope
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-18 01:50
Hi all, your need and request have been escalated to our engineers for attention in the future development, we also hope you will have a better experience with our product, please note the future update, thank you all for your support.

Thank you. I look forward to a firmware update to enable live streaming
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_4c2urlC1WFul
lvl.2

United States

Ray of Hope Posted at 12-18 16:04
Thanks for this idea. I just tested it live streaming to YouTube. I can't share the link here, but if you search youtube for "DJI osmo pocket live stream". You should find it.

It is ok, but I don't think it is good enough for what I want to do.

Just saw your video the video looks really good wish there was a way to swipe up to remove everything on the screen like the old osmo app i sub btw thanks for doing this
2018-12-18
Use props
Ray of Hope
lvl.3
Australia

djiuser_4c2urlC1WFul Posted at 12-18 17:11
Just saw your video the video looks really good wish there was a way to swipe up to remove everything on the screen like the old osmo app i sub btw thanks for doing this

Thanks . Yeah if you could remove everything from the Mimo App screen and just show the video it would be an acceptable work around.
2018-12-18
Use props
Ray of Hope
lvl.3
Australia

djiuser_4c2urlC1WFul Posted at 12-18 17:11
Just saw your video the video looks really good wish there was a way to swipe up to remove everything on the screen like the old osmo app i sub btw thanks for doing this

Here is the video testing live streaming by sharing the DJI Mimo screen
2018-12-18
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 12-17 21:36
Gopro7 night footage has improved with latest firmware. I have both Gopro and Pocket. I like that I can set my gopro anywhere and control it from my phone whereas with the pocket I need to have it ATTACHED to phone to get all the features.

GoPro for me still has iffy low light footage.  It finds it hard to focus in low light regardless of settings..   I guess we can't have it all..  The Pocket wins for low light.
2018-12-19
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 12-19 02:40
GoPro for me still has iffy low light footage.  It finds it hard to focus in low light regardless of settings..   I guess we can't have it all..  The Pocket wins for low light.

Ok so it's gopro 10 pocket 1 I agree
2018-12-19
Use props
Ray of Hope
lvl.3
Australia

I show how the live stream work around is set up in this video: at about 5:25
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ray of Hope Posted at 12-18 16:06
Thank you. I look forward to a firmware update to enable live streaming

Thanks for your attention, hope there will be some good news in the future.
2018-12-21
Use props
JBseven
New
United States

This is stunning - in the of social DJI comes out with a product with no social capabilities!!!

Very bad planning

I hope you can add Periscope
2018-12-21
Use props
trevelyn
New

United States

here is the bigger problems 1st that it doesnt  have live-streaming to begin with especially since they target vloggers in the marketing

2nd all responses from  dji says they have no plans to do so so it the equivalent of sayin we dont care

3rd I have the camera and other features they advertised like story mode does not work and its even in the tutorial but not a feature thats available

Its a nice camera but my recommendation is a strong dont buy  because of the lack of any social features it totally cripples this device and they have no intentions of adding it
2018-12-25
Use props
PaulButcher
lvl.1

United States

Odd that other products can live stream, to include my Mavic, but the OSMO pocket cannot. You would think that feature would be built in during the initial release. Guess if I want gimbal stabilized live video I'll have to walk around like some nerd with my Mavic
2018-12-25
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-12-19 11:53
Ok so it's gopro 10 pocket 1 I agree

You might need to own both to have a perfect Camera
2019-1-3
Use props
fans5b0ed228
New

Czechia

Please add live streaming to mobile app, it is really important feature for Osmo Pocket :-)
2019-1-9
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Dear GoPro:

Thank you for including live streaming in your product.  Can you please let me know when a firmware update will be available so I can set my GoPro Hero 7 Black down and it will tilt and pan and capture motionlapse?
2019-1-9
Use props
JBseven
New
Mexico

2019 and no social livestream!?! Incredible
2019-1-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules