can it live stream?
52364 114 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_oVFvVoWe77Hs Posted at 1-19 13:53
I totally agree. I would add, although I have recently purchased the Osmo pocket along with 4 accessories  from your DJI store in Times Square. I have great faith that a firmware update will soon be available so I can Livestream to YT, FB & IG.

Do you believe in magic unicorns too?

It was obvious from the get-go when so many other features were announced which required firmware upgrades that didn't happen until months after delivery that live streaming wasn't going to happen.

Most of DJI's business is done through existing customers buying the new improved product every year or so. Lots of promises were made for the original Osmo that never materialised. Instead a new product was launched and we all bought it and junked the old one.

The same will happen with the Osmo Pocket. A new product will eventually be launched (don't hold your breath. I would guess next year rather than this year) and that will probably have fixes to some (but not all ) of the shortcomings of the original Osmo Pocket. It's how business works. If they'd launched the Osmo Pocket with live streaming there'd be very little reason for people to buy the new product when it inevitably gets announced. Not that there is any guarantee that the new product would have live streaming since there are many other shortcomings that are easier to fix and would elicit high sales (larger sensor size, audio without a dongle, wireless without a dongle)
2019-5-1
Use props
rodlaurente
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

2019-5-8
Use props
g5becks
New

United States

Wow, I had in my amazon cart an osmo pocket and a bunch accessories ready to purchase, then I came across this thread. It's a shame, the camera looks  so cool, but would be useless to me without live streaming,  I don't really want to buy the gopro, but  it seems like the only viable alternative to this, really sucks as I was looking forward to using this camera.
2019-5-13
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-21 03:06
We apologize for the inconvenience caused, your need has been forwarded to our engineers for attention in the future development, thanks for your feedback and support to DJI.

Can DJI at least offer a clean UI / GUI mode (no on screen visuals) to be used with an app like streamlabs?  Seems like a quick and dirty workaround that shouldn't take your devs too long to sort out.
2019-5-13
Use props
FrankThomas
lvl.1

Japan

g5becks Posted at 5-13 12:23
Wow, I had in my amazon cart an osmo pocket and a bunch accessories ready to purchase, then I came across this thread. It's a shame, the camera looks  so cool, but would be useless to me without live streaming,  I don't really want to buy the gopro, but  it seems like the only viable alternative to this, really sucks as I was looking forward to using this camera.

Totally agree with you there, friend. I run a media consulting business that specializes in getting business set up with livestreaming. We've been having a HUGE demands from our clients for mobile livestream solutions that are small and discreet.

We came down to two solutions: 1) the osmo pocket, and 2) the go pro hero 7 black. Having used previous osmo devices, I assumed that it would have built-in livestreaming capabilities, but imagine my surprise when I get my device and can't figure it out, then come here and discover that it's not available because "reasons".

Now I have to advise ALL of my clients to go for the go pro hero 7 black for their needs, as that does have built-in livestreaming capabilities. Even though they have to buy a ton of accessories to get it set up properly versus the osmo pocket, at least the go pro CAN livestream.

It's sad because DJI has lost out on a huge number of sales from my clients, and I'm absolutely positive I'm not the only one who is recommending clients away from the Osmo pocket (I've contacted other media consultants and they are also recommending their clients to use a go pro or to stick with their phone).

If DJI implements livestreaming directly, or even just allows you to turn off the overlay in the mimo app to allow you to stream your phone's screen, this would be my absolute recommendation to all my clients who are looking for an easy and intuitive camera that can livestream. But as of now, they will become go pro customers, and will most-likely stick with go pros going into the future.
2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vermifuge Posted at 5-13 15:49
Can DJI at least offer a clean UI / GUI mode (no on screen visuals) to be used with an app like streamlabs?  Seems like a quick and dirty workaround that shouldn't take your devs too long to sort out.

Hi Vermifuge, we will forward it to our engineers for attention, much appreciate your suggestion and feedback.
2019-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

g5becks Posted at 5-13 12:23
Wow, I had in my amazon cart an osmo pocket and a bunch accessories ready to purchase, then I came across this thread. It's a shame, the camera looks  so cool, but would be useless to me without live streaming,  I don't really want to buy the gopro, but  it seems like the only viable alternative to this, really sucks as I was looking forward to using this camera.

Hi there, we have forwarded your need to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for Osmo Pocket.
2019-5-14
Use props
fans92183ddf
lvl.1
United States

Honestly I have had the DJI Osmo Pocket in my drawer since December! I am massively disappointed that something as simple as Facebook Live or other live platforms have not been included. I have absolutely no use for this product whatsoever! Unfortunately they still haven’t released most of their own accessories that they “ADVERTISED” on their site. DJI I like you quality for your products but I think it’s clear to see that many many people are unhappy customers with this product. You can’t blame them for assuming that it would be able to do Facebook live since your other products allow for it. This product is a no brainer for the live feature. Please please please help us with this firmware update allowing us to go live. At least communicate with us about it and tell us something is in the works or tell us we will not be getting this feature!

Thank you kindly...
2019-5-15
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

still no live streaming capabilities on latest firmware
also no SDK so we can implement it ourselves in other apps...
2019-5-18
Use props
djiuser_1TwqXsAd13aw
lvl.1
United States

ygor Posted at 5-18 10:29
still no live streaming capabilities on latest firmware
also no SDK so we can implement it ourselves in other apps...

That sucks. I might have to unload and buy something else.
2019-5-28
Use props
zezrum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128054 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please implement live streaming for Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action. The DJI Go apps already do this. It is a major limitation not to have this capability.
2019-5-29
Use props
fansa8f6611a
New

Sweden

Seriously guys! The whole point of getting a pocket Osmo was to live stream experiences. I can live stream from my Mavic so how hard is it to incorporate the Live stream with mimo?
Come to think of it, why do we have separate apps for each DJI product, can we not incorporate all the apps into a single app with the menus and settings all in the same place?
2019-6-23
Use props
fansa8f6611a
New

Sweden

Seriously guys! The whole point of getting a pocket Osmo was to live stream experiences. I can live stream from my Mavic so how hard is it to incorporate the Live stream with mimo?
Come to think of it, why do we have separate apps for each DJI product, can we not incorporate all the apps into a single app with the menus and settings all in the same place?
2019-6-23
Use props
miladd72
New

United Kingdom

hi. I need a gimbal for a spider cam in the lab and I need live streaming for control the robot on pc with python. with Osmo mobile, I think I can use IP camera app for live streaming but in other products like Osmo that have the camera itself, can I have live streaming like IP camera?
and what is your suggestion for my work?
2019-7-15
Use props
fans530d4c12
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I need a solution for live streaming for this week. I was sure Osmo Pcket have this... Looks even the Osmo action also doesn't have Facebook live streaming!
Any recommendations to buy? Is GoPro the best one?
I really want a small camera with gimbal to attack to the helmet... For sure DJI will include on Osmo Pocket Pro or 2 or whatever, but if I buy the GoPro I will not buy again the Osmo Pocket. Is firmware thing!! Why you didn't implement in more than one year??
2019-7-30
Use props
djiuser_CxqWK99q3tNT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517198 ft
Israel

Live streaming would be perfect is really missing now. I would even look into an option in which you can stream live and record filming on the microSD simultaniosly.
2019-8-23
Use props
djiuser_CxqWK99q3tNT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517198 ft
Israel

Live streaming would be perfect and is really missing now. I would even look into an option in which you can stream live and record filming on the microSD simultaniosly.
2019-8-23
Use props
Smertb
lvl.1

Israel

Anybody know what going on with streaming ability from Osmo Pocket? Time go by but nothing changed. Should I wait for updates? Very disappointed with the support of this product from Dji.
2019-8-26
Use props
Prowler9
lvl.1

United States

Think about selling mine...  have waited long enough..
2019-8-28
Use props
acidgreen
lvl.1

DJI Mindy
whats up with this functionality? you are telling this "i`forward to xyz"  since 2018 now... whats up with it?  it`s no problem with Mavic Air so why should it with the pocket?   whats the problem to implement the feature to connect it via usb cable to a pc and use as a webcam device?  + whats the problem to implement live streaming / http streaming server to the mimo app?? i dont get it.  this is a farce!!  every other 0815 cam out there can do stuff like this..
2019-9-10
Use props
Jarhead1775
New

I am soooooooo upset that this thing can't stream!  It should be a disclaimer, like written on the box, caution, may rip you off.  This sort of stuff will make the general public see osmo like money hungry jerks that just want to manipulate people and suck every penny outta them.  it is making people turn against osmo.
2019-9-23
Use props
Hexabyte
New

Cosmo Streamer offers a solution for a price. It's a complicated setup but will do the job. Other than that...i've searched hi and low for a solution but have only found bluestacks emulator running Mimo and capturing with OBS to computer. However, you can't remove overlays. DJI, the quick solution here seeing how obviously people are distraught over the missing feature, is to add a quick update to be able to remove overlays. Follow up with firmware to make the osmo pocket livestream capable.
2019-10-5
Use props
wahtah955
lvl.1

Streaming is very important today.  Please add that feature in a future software update.  Your price range is at entry level and easily transportable tech,  We need to stream videos as creators.   And we want to do with with your products.  So please add in streaming soon.   I really want to be able to do auto track on a live stream.  So a musician or pod cast host can move about and get good shots on a live stream.   Thanks
2019-10-9
Use props
SLUM LOTUS
New

United States

tldr Posted at 2018-12-13 23:22
Registered just to make this comment.
Without the ability to Live Stream I will be passing on this product. That means I will not be purchasing the Oslo Pocket because of a missing common feature.

not only is it not planned.. the feature exists in the previous version osmo 2. i have the osmo 2. the streaming feature works great.. only problem is you can't plug a mic in like you can with osmo 3.. so i got the osmo 3 thinking it would be able to do the same thing.
2019-11-6
Use props
SLUM LOTUS
New

United States

djiuser_lOpSNpt84PB7 Posted at 2018-12-17 19:18
Yes please give us the ability to live stream to Facebook and YouTube. I got my Osmo pocket today and assumed that it would do this. Just went to try, but couldn't and came here looking for how.

Please update this ASAP.

same thing happened to me today with my osmo 3. messed up my whole podcast i had planned
2019-11-6
Use props
SLUM LOTUS
New

United States

fans4d1a9703 Posted at 2018-12-18 02:00
I’m exactly the same position. So disappointed, will be throwing my new purchase into a drawer as quickly as I took it out the box!

its november of 2019 now and i just got the osmo 3 and am having the same disappointment
2019-11-6
Use props
SLUM LOTUS
New

United States

JBseven Posted at 2018-12-21 20:25
This is stunning - in the of social DJI comes out with a product with no social capabilities!!!

Very bad planning

it seems like they built their own failed social platform and expect people to use it instead of streaming to youtube. its completely crazy and arrogant of them. biting the hand that feeds. youtube is why people buy these products.. WHY ALIENATE US?
2019-11-6
Use props
JohnnyInSJ
New
United States

Hey guys check this out ! a Osmo Pocket Knock off with "THE ABILITY TO LIVE STREAM IN THERE SOFTWARE !!!!!!!!" Why the heck can't Osmo put this in the Mimo app but a startup small company can ???
I'm holding off from buying this as we are not listened to !  Vmate Palm-sized gimbal camera

https://youtu.be/Uc-p0H7hTTg
2019-11-21
Use props
JohnnyInSJ
New
United States

Hopefully they can roll this out before christmas but for now Vmate or GoPro
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vmate-palm-sized-gimbal-camera-with-all-your-needs/x/22351189#/
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_UXDzQPHi7Uqz
New
United States

Adding an option just to remove the "UI" would be wonderful or livestreaming option with "RTMP". Pretty please
2020-1-3
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

"Why the heck can't Osmo put this in the Mimo app but a startup small company can ???"

But, can they?
2020-1-3
Use props
Soklo1
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy, I have seen you mention numerous times that you will pass this information along to engineering.  Have you heard ANYTHING from engineering whether or not they plan to address this request?  I have not found a location that shares future build information so you would be the only conduit for that information to filter down to us.  Please share.
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_o2JCyYGVMIvO
New

Philippines

Hello. May I ask if I can use Osmo Pocket for a live stream (both facebook and youtube).
And also, can I connect that to OBS software  and a software for frames or if theres any software? Thanks!
2020-2-19
Use props
mstrmnn
lvl.1

Germany

RE: can it live stream?

djiuser_o2JCyYGVMIvO Posted at 2-19 22:06
Hello. May I ask if I can use Osmo Pocket for a live stream (both facebook and youtube).
And also, can I connect that to OBS software  and a software for frames or if theres any software? Thanks!

Unfortunately you can't use Osmo Pocket for live streaming for it is not implemented in the App(s). There is no opportunity to get a clean live signal out of the Osmo Pocket so you can't connect it to OBS.

You can capture the surface of the DJI Mimo app with a screen capturing app but that's not clean.

If DJI is clever then the Pocket 2 will have clean hdmi out, built-in wifi, bluetooth for the microphones inside wireless headphones, and streaming options right out of the app. Otherwise Snoppa, Gopro, Yi, Sony etc. will smile ;)

Tomorrow we will know!
2020-10-19
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Hope,they bring it to the 1 since the pocket 2 seems to be able to live stream and can use the same Wi-Fi module which implies this is purely software encoding on the mimo app that can be back-ported to the pocket 1 as well if DJI is not feeling too greedy.
2020-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules