Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark does not beep during link or WiFi reset
4195 15 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse866d9e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2054 ft
United States

Hi. Just bought is this for my birthday and flew it twice. Cannot use QR codes to activate or link drone. Cannot get a beep out of drone to reset WiFi. App and RC are linked no problem. Cannot get drone to link to RC that came “binded” from factory. Bought online thru Walmart.com. My wife is bummed her present sucks. I have watched every link / bind/ WiFi reset/ video out there. Started a ticket with DJI support. I’ve read others having “no beep “ issues. Any help is welcomed. Btw no beep on the long press 9 sec hold. I can hold it for ever. No beep period out of the drone. No WiFi on my iPhone from drone. Only RC WiFi.
6AFA9279-9FF5-44AA-9821-A1E65E6A0566.jpeg
59A348B9-D81C-4F2D-81A6-6D4EB79EBB8D.png
D66BD5A5-D825-451C-ACE5-9324571633E6.png
2018-12-2
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The drone is already activated and linked if you were able to fly it.

What exactly are you trying to do? Can you post a detailed video showing the entire process so we can see what you're describing?
2018-12-3
Use props
fanse866d9e3
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 12-3 08:02
The drone is already activated and linked if you were able to fly it.

What exactly are you trying to do? Can you post a detailed video showing the entire process so we can see what you're describing?

I’m simply trying to fly the drone with the included RC. It binds on startup 1/100 times. The drone does not emit a WiFi signal. I can’t reset it’s wifi signal. The RC cannot connect to drone. Drone does not beep during link procedures. Something is wrong with the drone as far as being able to simply turn it on and fly it with the RC.
9D1A6CA8-7A30-4C70-9783-4CE1C18675A9.png
96E62035-A487-43B1-A75F-027258858237.jpeg
2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hold the on button for some time until you hear 2 consecutive beeps then the ssid of the drone will appear in your WiFi list,
Try on another battery if one doesn’t work, if you don’t have another one, try discharging and charging the one you have to see if that helps.
P.s. it’s not recommended to fly just with the phones WiFi without the remote, the controls are very imprecise and the flight is also very limited.
I know that I’m not flying without the remote!

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-4
Use props
fanse866d9e3
lvl.1
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-4 02:28
Hold the on button for some time until you hear 2 consecutive beeps then the ssid of the drone will appear in your WiFi list,
Try on another battery if one doesn’t work, if you don’t have another one, try discharging and charging the one you have to see if that helps.
P.s. it’s not recommended to fly just with the phones WiFi without the remote, the controls are very imprecise and the flight is also very limited.

Yeah. I can’t get any sounds out of the drone. Period. I don’t fly with the wifi on the drone and my iPhone. I want to link the included RC so I can fly it with that. They never find each other. And the process to bind them together is broken. All with the drone. I bought 2 additional dji batteries. Same. The drone flashes green for a moment upon startup like its about to bind then just flashes yellow LEDs and solid red upfront.
2018-12-4
Use props
fanse866d9e3
lvl.1
United States

No flying for me. It’s so frustrating. Contacted DJI. The drone is literally 3 days old. Brand spanking new. What a let down.  Something so pricey can’t even do its basic function. All the extra features like gesture blah blah blah. I just want to fly it. I have a small fleet of ground RC vehicles. I’m not new to this by any means. Binding, linking RX and TX. This thing is so complicated. Something to be said about replaceable components on RC vehicles.
2018-12-4
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fanse866d9e3 Posted at 12-3 19:45
I’m simply trying to fly the drone with the included RC. It binds on startup 1/100 times. The drone does not emit a WiFi signal. I can’t reset it’s wifi signal. The RC cannot connect to drone. Drone does not beep during link procedures. Something is wrong with the drone as far as being able to simply turn it on and fly it with the RC.

You should not be attempting to scan the QR code on the Spark if you want to fly with the remote controller. The Spark will not show up in the Wi-Fi list on your mobile device if it's linked to the remote controller. You should only see the RC appear in the Wi-Fi list when it's powered on.

What happens when you attempt to link the Spark to the remote controller like this?
2018-12-4
Use props
fanse866d9e3
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 12-4 10:05
You should not be attempting to scan the QR code on the Spark if you want to fly with the remote controller. The Spark will not show up in the Wi-Fi list on your mobile device if it's linked to the remote controller. You should only see the RC appear in the Wi-Fi list when it's powered on.

What happens when you attempt to link the Spark to the remote controller like this?

The QR scan attempts was to try to RESET the WiFi so it could bind to the Controller. I understand under normal conditions the aircraft WiFi won’t show up on phone. The RC WiFi is the primary link between RC and app. I understand all this. The drone does not link to controller upon activation. The methods to link the drone to controller don’t work. The drone does not reset. It does not beep. It does not bind to iPhone djigo4 app.
2018-12-4
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Try resetting the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application. If needed, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 installer here:

https://www.dji.com/spark/downloads

Click the "Restore Factory Defaults" button (see the screenshot below) to reset the firmware and then upgrade the firmware to the latest version. After doing that, try linking the Spark and remote controller like this.

2018-12-4
Use props
fanse866d9e3
lvl.1
United States

I downloaded the app to my Mac OS with the latest iOs. I could not get my Mac to recognize the drone via usb cable. I have tried everything possible. No luck. To DJIs credit, their customer service emailed me after my open ticket for repair started and offered similar techniques to link the drone. No luck. They offered up shipping labels to repair the brand new drone. I had the receipt from my wife and took the entire package back to Walmart, and purchased a new DJI spark with RC remote. It worked FLAWLESSLY out of the box, the first time , third and thru 3 full batteries. Controller links up EVERYTIME TO THE DRONE.  I have not updated the firmware on the RC yet. I fear that might the hidden issue. I’m going to fly it for a bit before updating the firmware. I am very happy with this new aircraft. It’s GPS linked and ready to fly with the DjIGo app every time so far. So, I had the return option on this issue with the drone, if anyone else is in this boat then you might have to send TX.
2018-12-4
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

fanse866d9e3 Posted at 12-4 19:05
I downloaded the app to my Mac OS with the latest iOs. I could not get my Mac to recognize the drone via usb cable. I have tried everything possible. No luck. To DJIs credit, their customer service emailed me after my open ticket for repair started and offered similar techniques to link the drone. No luck. They offered up shipping labels to repair the brand new drone. I had the receipt from my wife and took the entire package back to Walmart, and purchased a new DJI spark with RC remote. It worked FLAWLESSLY out of the box, the first time , third and thru 3 full batteries. Controller links up EVERYTIME TO THE DRONE.  I have not updated the firmware on the RC yet. I fear that might the hidden issue. I’m going to fly it for a bit before updating the firmware. I am very happy with this new aircraft. It’s GPS linked and ready to fly with the DjIGo app every time so far. So, I had the return option on this issue with the drone, if anyone else is in this boat then you might have to send TX.

Congrats on the new functioning bird!

Flysafely and enjoy
Alex
2018-12-4
Use props
fanse866d9e3
lvl.1
United States

Thanks. It’s a a blast to fly and I’m gonna get in some flights before the rain starts up in beautiful CALIFORNIA. Of course it starts to rain the only few days a year cause I now have a functioning drone lol. Thanks for all the tips on here. I’m sure I’ll be back eventually for something else
2018-12-5
Use props
djiuser_3QCRYLXVutPd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120571 ft
United States

fanse866d9e3 Posted at 2018-12-3 19:45
I’m simply trying to fly the drone with the included RC. It binds on startup 1/100 times. The drone does not emit a WiFi signal. I can’t reset it’s wifi signal. The RC cannot connect to drone. Drone does not beep during link procedures. Something is wrong with the drone as far as being able to simply turn it on and fly it with the RC.[Image]
I bought a drone dji spark jan 4th of this yr 2019 flew fine untill yesterday. The rc stopped pairing with drone after changing battery and no beeping while trying to connect. Was on the phone with support for 2 hrs now my spark is in a ups box going to texas lol
2019-1-22
Use props
djiuser_gaJcktsWKQxp
New

United States

fanse866d9e3 Posted at 2018-12-3 19:45
I’m simply trying to fly the drone with the included RC. It binds on startup 1/100 times. The drone does not emit a WiFi signal. I can’t reset it’s wifi signal. The RC cannot connect to drone. Drone does not beep during link procedures. Something is wrong with the drone as far as being able to simply turn it on and fly it with the RC.[Image]

I am having the same problem hold the button for 9 seconds nothing i also flew it only 2 times over all 5 minutes
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_gaJcktsWKQxp
New

United States

fanse866d9e3 Posted at 2018-12-4 10:47
The QR scan attempts was to try to RESET the WiFi so it could bind to the Controller. I understand under normal conditions the aircraft WiFi won’t show up on phone. The RC WiFi is the primary link between RC and app. I understand all this. The drone does not link to controller upon activation. The methods to link the drone to controller don’t work. The drone does not reset. It does not beep. It does not bind to iPhone djigo4 app.

Im having the same isue
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_gaJcktsWKQxp
New

United States

fanse866d9e3 Posted at 2018-12-5 12:13
Thanks. It’s a a blast to fly and I’m gonna get in some flights before the rain starts up in beautiful CALIFORNIA. Of course it starts to rain the only few days a year cause I now have a functioning drone lol. Thanks for all the tips on here. I’m sure I’ll be back eventually for something else

How did you do it
2023-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules