1908 23 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

hello I am one of thath bought mavic 2 pro at begin from dji, and last week dji release Osmo Pocket thath film at 4 k 60 fps with same gimbal dear dji this is not good approach to customers , honestly I am serious considering to buy the Autel evo thath has 60 FPS in 4 k not a happy customer
2018-12-2
Use props
kykmavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

DJI engineers must first clarify whether the M2P has the processing power to introduce the 4k60FPS. But even in case it can, then DJI may consider the commercial impact on P4P...
2018-12-2
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

DJI aren't stupid and it comes down to market share e.g. if they put 4k 60 on the pro 2 no one would buy the P4

They had to put 4K 60 on the osmo pocket to complete with GoPro

If you're not happy with the pro 2 then vote with your feet or return the pro 2 and get a P4 if 60 fps is so important to you
2018-12-3
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Ridg Posted at 12-3 00:24
DJI aren't stupid and it comes down to market share e.g. if they put 4k 60 on the pro 2 no one would buy the P4

Phantom 4 pro is 2016 model and Mavic 2 pro is 2018 model. So the 4k 60fps it must be standar for the newest and so expensive model like the mavic 2 pro.
2018-12-3
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Agree with you but ph4 is quite big respect mavic
2018-12-3
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

kykmavic Posted at 12-2 22:47
DJI engineers must first clarify whether the M2P has the processing power to introduce the 4k60FPS. But even in case it can, then DJI may consider the commercial impact on P4P...

I suggest expidet this upgrade Autel evo have allready 60 FPS and next year new autel will arrive
2018-12-3
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

GeorgeGreek Posted at 12-3 00:35
Phantom 4 pro is 2016 model and Mavic 2 pro is 2018 model. So the 4k 60fps it must be standar for the newest and so expensive model like the mavic 2 pro.

Exactly I know if put 60 FPS on mavic 2 will not sell more ph4 but this is the market a good company need to learn strategy or made a ph5
2018-12-3
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

"Osmo Pocket thath film at 4 k 60 fps with same gimbal"

Where did you ge this info? Its not the same...for the start sensor size is really not the same....
2018-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DanielVieira Posted at 12-3 01:53
"Osmo Pocket thath film at 4 k 60 fps with same gimbal"

Where did you ge this info? Its not the same...for the start sensor size is really not the same....

Very true.
The only similarities are the brandname (DJI) and the gimbal 'looks'.
2018-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

There might be many reasons why the M2P / M2Z do not have 60fps at 4K.
Most obvious is to keep some distance between the Phantom series and the Mavic series.
I'm not sure if there are hardware / firmware limitations also. That might very well be the case, since it is not 'just a setting'.  
All of the components have to be ready for this kind of data.
But I think it is more a commercial decision and not a real limitation.

2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

DJI can giveth .. and DJI can taketh away....  marketing ALWAYS trumps engineering at design meetings.. just because it can be done does not mean it will be done...
2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think they call it buyers remorse, you surely were aware that there was no 60fps before you purchased and Autel was already available with 60fps, so I would assume that 60fps wasn’t a deal breaker for you.
2018-12-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-3 04:23
DJI can giveth .. and DJI can taketh away....  marketing ALWAYS trumps engineering at design meetings.. just because it can be done does not mean it will be done...

Assuming marketing even bothers with courtesy of attending design meeting to inform Engineering they are being trumped...
Memo to: Engineering
  For Get About It.
Marketing
CC: Sales
2018-12-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Or there would be one less incentive for people to dump their MP2 for MP2+ Ultra Platinum

2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-3 05:47
Assuming marketing even bothers with courtesy of attending design meeting to inform Engineering they are being trumped...
Memo to: Engineering
  For Get About It.

engineering -- yeah.. but the jet has to have redundant (insert critical system here) ...

marketing -- too expensive.. take them off.. or find something cheaper..

engineering -- yeah but someone might get killed

marketing to legal --  so how many people are we likely to kill  and how much will it cost in law suits without (insert critical system) vs putting on (insert critical system)

legal  -- cheaper to take the risk and go cheap.. pay suits if we need to...

marketing to engineering -- take the (critical system) out of the design  -- ok everyone delete these emails and meetings notes.. this never took place...

all --- the -- damn --- time---
2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

we had a saying in the service...

a million parts made by thousands of lowest bidding companies maintained by 18yo recruits ... flying together in formation .. until they don't...

if you don't think actuarial engineering goes into EVERY design decision made on critical systems your deluded  ... aircraft maintenance is a perfect example of .... what does it cost vs what will it save us.. airlines, manufacturers etc all doing it.. every day.. why do you think they press the govt to put caps on litigation .... so they can accurately determine what a crash is going to cost them

there isn't a company on the planet that builds something and says.. put every safety device known to man on it, have maintenance change every part every flight etc..

do you know there are thousands of parts on commercial aircraft that are fly-to-fail .. and some are pretty critical..  the the jackscrew brake that controls the horizontal stabilizer trim jackscrew .. many aircraft mfg and airline maintenance had it as fly to fail part until runaway trim incidents killed a bunch of people.. look it up
2018-12-3
Use props
RobWest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589633 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-3 01:57
Very true.
The only similarities are the brandname (DJI) and the gimbal 'looks'.

This is the point that everyone here criticising DJI seems to be missing. The gimbal and camera may look similar, but the Osmo is 1/2.3" sensor and the M2P has a 1" sensor. The heat output would be considerably different.
2018-12-3
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

kykmavic Posted at 12-2 22:47
DJI engineers must first clarify whether the M2P has the processing power to introduce the 4k60FPS. But even in case it can, then DJI may consider the commercial impact on P4P...

Let's not forget that it is probably not all about processing power. Going to 60fps at 4K WITHOUT compromising quality would require essentially TWICE the recording speed. That in essence is not possible using SD cards (yet). So all of you wanting 60fps at 4K - consider the fact that the quality of the recording will inevitably compromise the quality of the recorded footage. M2P is all about quality of footage and frankly the HQ mode is rather amazing!

The part that makes me not really bother about anything above 30fps is that for the most part, I find myself speeding up drone footage rather than slowing it down more. A 30fps recording sped up to twice the speed is 60fps at a level of quality that could not be achieved directly.
2018-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RobWest Posted at 12-3 08:59
This is the point that everyone here criticising DJI seems to be missing. The gimbal and camera may look similar, but the Osmo is 1/2.3" sensor and the M2P has a 1" sensor. The heat output would be considerably different.

Yes, that also.
2018-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

roamer105 Posted at 12-3 09:41
Let's not forget that it is probably not all about processing power. Going to 60fps at 4K WITHOUT compromising quality would require essentially TWICE the recording speed. That in essence is not possible using SD cards (yet). So all of you wanting 60fps at 4K - consider the fact that the quality of the recording will inevitably compromise the quality of the recorded footage. M2P is all about quality of footage and frankly the HQ mode is rather amazing!

The part that makes me not really bother about anything above 30fps is that for the most part, I find myself speeding up drone footage rather than slowing it down more. A 30fps recording sped up to twice the speed is 60fps at a level of quality that could not be achieved directly.

Very true!
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We highly appreciate your feedback about the limited option and using 4k 30 fps in Mavic 2 Pro. We could forward your feedback to the right department for further help to see if we could provide this resolution to the Mavic 2 Pro or at least an explanation. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-11
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

roamer105 Posted at 12-3 09:41

"Going to 60fps at 4K WITHOUT compromising quality would require essentially TWICE the recording speed. That in essence is not possible using SD cards (yet)."
EditWhat does the P4P record on then?

A 30fps recording sped up to twice the speed is 60fps at a level of quality that could not be achieved directly.

Some subjects would look weird at 2x speed; so that is not a valid replacement for 60fps.  A panning shot at 30fps sped up to 2x will not look near the same as a panning shot a 60fps!

2018-12-11
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Osmo is using the 1 2/3 older sensor used in Mavic Air, not the 20MP sensor on the MP2.  However odds are the MP2 sensor would easily do 4K 60 fps, but it's been governed back.  Similar to how the Spark was held back from writing raw files.  No excuse for that either.

Not sure that the plan was to help sales of the P4 at least from DJI's side/store as they have been out of stock for over a month of all P4 Pro drones.  

Paul C
2018-12-13
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules