Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 - Blurred or out of focus photos
6945 8 2018-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dev_eiwa_fs
lvl.2
Argentina

Hello everyone,
we bought the new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 a month ago for testing and we could't make it work. We tried maping a football court and every single image came out blurred or out of focus. A week before we run similar tests with our P4P (V1.0) and the image quality of the V2.0 is clearly lower.
We used Pix4d Capture and DroneDeploy with different camere settings (including the one that always works) and neither of them worked. The camera settings should't the problem, everyone was carefully set to avoid any problem( blurring, difraction, focus).
Shutter Speed is always above the minimum in order to avoid blurring.(800 to 3200)
Aperture never got over 5.4.
We tried AFC, AF, Manual in infinite.

Our Official DJI dealer had the camera changed but the Phantom kept taken the same images. Now they claim DJI informed them it's a firmware issue and we have to wait for a new release.
Anyone had this problem? Any ideas?
The "firmware issue" story sounds strange because I did not find any other thread here or anywhere about this issue.

2018-12-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try switching off the mechanical shutter.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi dev_eiwa_fs, I’m sorry to read the troubles. Could you upload some original pictures from the SD card both P4P and P4P V2.0 for better assistance? Also, may I know which dealer do you contact and is there any case number or similar for better assistance? Thanks in advance!
2018-12-4
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130220 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-4 03:22
Hi dev_eiwa_fs, I’m sorry to read the troubles. Could you upload some original pictures from the SD card both P4P and P4P V2.0 for better assistance? Also, may I know which dealer do you contact and is there any case number or similar for better assistance? Thanks in advance!

I had this exact same problem with a P4P v2.0  Please see my post here.  I have already had the drone sent in for repair once.  I need to either get a replacement drone or a refund.
2020-6-22
Use props
Holts Drones
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-12-3 14:30
Try switching off the mechanical shutter.

How do I turn off the mechanical shutter?
2020-8-18
Use props
djiuser_YAP2hQdYEeQK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49518 ft
United Kingdom

Its in the camera settings, the icon is on the right hand side on your screen.
2020-8-22
Use props
Arif_DJI
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-4 03:22

I have the same issue, struggling a lot with many projects.

2021-6-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Arif_DJI Posted at 6-19 20:48
I have the same issue, struggling a lot with many projects.

[view_image]

Sorry to read about the issue. Please try to reset the camera settings and try again. If the issue persists when checking the original photos on the SD card, please send the drone back for further diagnosis. You may try to contact the local authorized repair center at https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers for assistance. Or you  can send an email to our support at http://www.dji.com/support for further help.
2021-6-23
Use props
djiuser_mslN9N5Dq6wJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 496568 ft
Canada

Did anyone get this resolved for the v2.0?
I have the same issue when using mapping software with the v2.0. It seems to switch it into MF. My v1.0 works fine. Help!
2021-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules