How long till DJI drops the price?
1219 11 2018-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Peru

How long does DJI maintain the initial RRP?

I´m between this and the Insta360 One X...
2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You won’t see a drop in price for 6/10 months.
2018-12-3
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Peru

hallmark007 Posted at 12-3 15:16
You won’t see a drop in price for 6/10 months.

thanks, good to know
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would recommend paying attention to our website if there are events or promotion that would affect the prices of our DJI Products that much affordable. Thank you for the continued support.
2018-12-3
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are asking about a price reduction on a product that hasn't even shipped yet?
2018-12-6
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Peru

KerryG Posted at 12-6 13:22
You are asking about a price reduction on a product that hasn't even shipped yet?
yeah? whats wrong with that? companies usually have price cycles..
2018-12-6
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just don't see it. I sort of see it kind of like the Osmo Pocket vs. the Hero 7... They're just not apples to apples. They're just too different. You will never ever get the shots, perspectives, workflow and effects from a standard field of view camera that you can get from a 360 camera. Likewise, you will likely never get the same field of view resolution/quality that you get out of a fixed frame single lens camera like the Osmo Pocket. Heck, if I had the money I'd buy all three then I could never go wrong! I think you will see lower prices soon... right after Christmas on Fleabay and CL. LOL
2018-12-6
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Peru

txtechnonerd Posted at 12-6 16:33
I just don't see it. I sort of see it kind of like the Osmo Pocket vs. the Hero 7... They're just not apples to apples. They're just too different. You will never ever get the shots, perspectives, workflow and effects from a standard field of view camera that you can get from a 360 camera. Likewise, you will likely never get the same field of view resolution/quality that you get out of a fixed frame single lens camera like the Osmo Pocket. Heck, if I had the money I'd buy all three then I could never go wrong! I think you will see lower prices soon... right after Christmas on Fleabay and CL. LOL

your absolutely right different things entirely and im in no rush, however, kind of same price points (which is about what im looking to spend on my next toy)... And I can see pluses and minuses in both..  Like you said apples and pears but both taste good!
2018-12-6
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

FulanitoFlyer Posted at 12-6 13:38
yeah? whats wrong with that? companies usually have price cycles..

They don't talk about it when the price will drop before the product has even shipped. Don't expect even a sale until MAYBE next Black Friday.
2018-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you plan on buying at the DJI store, it will take some time.
But some shops might give nice discounts earlier.
2018-12-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It took about 6 months before we started seeing either price changes or bundling for some other higher prices products.  A few places in the US, electronics stores like BH PhotoVideo and Adorama typically will add a small add-on, like an SD card at no charge, in order to compete.  This is a pretty good piece of technology which seems to be priced just right.  I doubt there will be much need to discount unless a "better" product arrives.  Take some time and compare features between the two and make a list of how you want to use it.  The better match to that list is more important than the price.  
2018-12-7
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Peru

WebParrot Posted at 12-7 16:50
It took about 6 months before we started seeing either price changes or bundling for some other higher prices products.  A few places in the US, electronics stores like BH PhotoVideo and Adorama typically will add a small add-on, like an SD card at no charge, in order to compete.  This is a pretty good piece of technology which seems to be priced just right.  I doubt there will be much need to discount unless a "better" product arrives.  Take some time and compare features between the two and make a list of how you want to use it.  The better match to that list is more important than the price.

Yeah, as Im in no rush.. I've got plenty of time to watch reviews etc.. And see which one suits me more. Thanks everyone for answering.
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules