Very annoyed!
3072 35 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I havn't flown my MP for several months, because of other interests but have applied updates and done simple back garden 2m high test flights (limited though that is).
I decided to fly locally and refresh my skills because the weather was just perfect. Sunny an not a breath of wind.
First I went through the hoops completing the no-fly-zone declaration.
First, what sort of moron programs a tickbox under a covering keyboard? Solution, work backwards, tick box, paste phone No. and select country.
OK, we now have the verification code, typy it in and away we go.
Oh no we don't! Up comes the warning NFZ, the 3 tick boxes and the declaration and verification....
Eventually, the screen shows green, all clear to fly.
Sticks down & in, motors start.
Everything looks good to go.
Oh no it isn't!
Up stick to take off, but motors blip and drop back to tickover. Still green to go.
I do the same fiasco several miles away. Same result.
Still outside the airport inner zone, by the way.
Either the the drone is good to fly or it's not. At least show a correct status.
Stick movement in any direction results in a momentary speed increas in motors, then back to tickover.
Any ideas what is wrong?

Screenshot_20181204-112842.jpg
2018-12-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Just a thought but are the props on correctly?
2018-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never had that problem.
2018-12-4
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Can you show the log of this "flight"?
2018-12-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

post a vid of whats going on.
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

rolling56 Posted at 12-4 05:12
Just a thought but are the props on correctly?

Yes they are. Not relevant, because the motors would still rev
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Montfrooij Posted at 12-4 05:31
Never had that problem.

Nor I before.
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

GhostWolf010 Posted at 12-4 05:48
Can you show the log of this "flight"?

What flight, you didn't understand the op, obviously.
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Woe Posted at 12-4 05:52
post a vid of whats going on.

As reply to post 4. No flight!
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

I tried again whilst looking for the Geo option on the Go4 app. It isn't there anymore.
So it looks like I am screwed. Thanks DJI
2018-12-4
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 12-4 06:21

Relax, and dont overreact. First of all, i said "flight", because i knew he did not fly, but it is the easiest way to explain. Second, you can also make a video like woe says without flying. We only want to help, and can only do that if we have more information
2018-12-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

As reply to post 4. No flight!

I'm talking about whats going on with the drone. Not a vid from the drone.

I would like to see whats going on with the takeoff .
2018-12-4
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

there should still be a log that give an error or status even if the drone didn't fly when commanded?
2018-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Curious what others have for experience.
What happens if you fly indoor with no GPS?
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Trying to find a way to upload a log file.

Drone.zip

573.04 KB, Down times: 3

2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

GhostWolf010 Posted at 12-4 06:27
Relax, and dont overreact. First of all, i said "flight", because i knew he did not fly, but it is the easiest way to explain. Second, you can also make a video like woe says without flying. We only want to help, and can only do that if we have more information

Yes, Ghost, I do appreciate your help. I have looked on the drone. plug from drone to pc, but all folders are empty. That is probably because when I was looking for the Geo section, I cleared cashe and also formatted the SD card amongst other switch changes.
However, I have (I hope) provided you with a zip file with the log files you seek, from the device (phone). I see the unlock screen has now changed to OLD VERSION, it requires the data sent as a sms. Of course, that ends up not being received, because after sending it reports not sent. Yes, the phone is working and not on wifi. Strange the unlock message has changed.

Thank you all for your help.

2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

revised photo
Screenshot_20181204-144551.jpg
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Montfrooij Posted at 12-4 06:34

Some gps signal get through, so weak signal. The result is unlocking process requested and still no takeoff.
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

What strikes me as odd is that normally, after the unlocking, which DID complete earlier today, the red No Fly changed to the green Ready to go. Typically, the drone takes off and at about 2m up, another tick box pops up. Perhaps this might have happened if it had got off the ground.
I see all sorts of licence tokens show in the app with options to transfer over to the aircraft. I have done all that after the first failed takeoff, but still no improvement.
Anyone want a doorstop that looks like a perfect replica of a DJI Mavic Pro?
Buyer collects.
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

First, what sort of moron programs a tickbox under a covering keyboard? Solution, work backwards, tick box, paste phone No. and select country.

Taking a wild guess, (based on similar box-under experience) - Programer(s) for DJI.  

2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Dell do the same with their bios updates.  Hunt the dialog click box. I guess it gives them a laugh.
2018-12-4
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 12-4 07:15
Yes, Ghost, I do appreciate your help. I have looked on the drone. plug from drone to pc, but all folders are empty. That is probably because when I was looking for the Geo section, I cleared cashe and also formatted the SD card amongst other switch changes.
However, I have (I hope) provided you with a zip file with the log files you seek, from the device (phone). I see the unlock screen has now changed to OLD VERSION, it requires the data sent as a sms. Of course, that ends up not being received, because after sending it reports not sent. Yes, the phone is working and not on wifi. Strange the unlock message has changed.

No problem.
Those are indeed the files asked for, but i can not see anything strange. I see a warning that you are in a class D airspace, but that is all.
Maybe you could re-update the drone and NFZ list and try it again?
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

GhostWolf010 Posted at 12-4 10:23
No problem.
Those are indeed the files asked for, but i can not see anything strange. I see a warning that you are in a class D airspace, but that is all.
Maybe you could re-update the drone and NFZ list and try it again?

As the weather won't allow flying until I leave the country, It will have to wait, now.
I do thank you though, for your review of the log.
Almost certainly the problem is connected to the NFZ changes.
Just my view, but DJI have embarked on a course that should kill off future hobby droners. The unwitting buyers will soon return their new drones when they find they cannot use them as freely as they were lead to believe.
The NFZ for this Island is 2NM from the airport, effectively the only place permission isn't required is down one end. DJI have circled the island with a neighbouring Island and France, so the whole land mass in the channel is now unflyable. This sort of blind, thoughtless approach will be their downfall.
Obviously I will never buy another drone again, from anyone because of restrictions. I have enjoyed using the 3 drones I have (P3P + 2MPs one of which is poorly)  to take pics. I can live without the hassle of regulation for the close in, simple landscape shots I want.
2018-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 12-4 07:28
Some gps signal get through, so weak signal. The result is unlocking process requested and still no takeoff.

Oh that part.
I never had to go through that until now.
Here we only have 'warning zones' around.
The other zones are simply not allowed in NL.
2018-12-4
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 12-4 10:57
As the weather won't allow flying until I leave the country, It will have to wait, now.
I do thank you though, for your review of the log.
Almost certainly the problem is connected to the NFZ changes.

No problem, to bad i could not help you further. Maybe if you update/reinstall the nfz part, you can try it again at home?
2018-12-4
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi AlansDronePics, could you upload a short video of your operation? Also, please kindly tell us which mobile device do you use and what's the App version, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you!
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 12-4 18:19
I am considering a Parrot drone. They have no nfz zones on them. I have also been fully cut out even inside my home... Really? What gives them that right. Still have about a week to return the M2P...

Still have about a week to return the M2P...

Going by how long it took DJI with Mavic Air firmware problems and delay with Mavic 2 Pro; I would return MP2 while window is still open.  If things get resolved, you can always buy M2P later.
Otherwise, you will be stuck fuming mad staring at a M2P paper weight.
2018-12-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

DJI Susan Posted at 12-4 20:12
Hi AlansDronePics, could you upload a short video of your operation? Also, please kindly tell us which mobile device do you use and what's the App version, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you!

Hi Susan,
I have provided screenshots above that show the Green to go, but can't go.
I provided a screen shot of your NFZ permission request. Be clear, the original presentation with the keyboard over the agreement tick box (very clever programmer you have there) does not appear now, just the older version (so it says) that I have shown.
Everything is all packed away, now. However, Just for you, I set it all up again just for the app version etc. See screen shot.  

The phone is a dedicated Samsung J7. Latest 8.1.0 android firmware, but all software is as factory installed. No data in email,  internet browser etc and all trivial apps uninstalled or disabled. No photos or video, only drone logs etc. All running apps are stopped and the phone optimised, before running the GO4.   This is the phone that works reliably since I first used it 2 years ago.
The Android firmware, your firmware and database are the only changes since I last flew a short test flight in my garden, 2 metres altitude, up, down, rotate, side to side, forward & back and land. This is in the same NFZ as now and there was no problem with the tick box permission to fly in NFZ.

2018-12-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Brett Brandon Posted at 12-4 18:19
I am considering a Parrot drone. They have no nfz zones on them. I have also been fully cut out even inside my home... Really? What gives them that right. Still have about a week to return the M2P...

As the other poster wisely suggested, send the Mavic 2 back now. It is no good to you if it won't allow you to fly.
Ultimately, if others do the same, it will collectively send DJI a clear message not to get involved where Government should legislate, if they cant provide a simple workable scheme. Frankly, as it stands, the red circles alone should be enough. Any idiot who flies dangerously in those zones will answer to the real Police, anyway.
They could also add a nag voice for those who fly into a zone.
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AlansDronePics Posted at 12-5 02:30
Hi Susan,
I have provided screenshots above that show the Green to go, but can't go.
I provided a screen shot of your NFZ permission request. Be clear, the original presentation with the keyboard over the agreement tick box (very clever programmer you have there) does not appear now, just the older version (so it says) that I have shown.

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers to check and will keep you updated.
2018-12-5
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 12-4 06:34

I have "flown" indoors and the only "problem" was that it was trying to avoid obstacles so will not go closer to any wall if pointed in the direction of a wall or large piece of furniture.
2018-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 12-5 06:00
I have "flown" indoors and the only "problem" was that it was trying to avoid obstacles so will not go closer to any wall if pointed in the direction of a wall or large piece of furniture.

The OP is not trying to fly indoor, but is stuck in the NFZ clearing process (If I'm not mistaken).
I never had that, but was trying to find out if indoor would work for him.
2018-12-5
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best thing I ever did to my Mavic Pro was NLD. Geofencing NO MORE!
2018-12-5
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 06:55
The OP is not trying to fly indoor, but is stuck in the NFZ clearing process (If I'm not mistaken).
I never had that, but was trying to find out if indoor would work for him.

Oh ok.  Sorry for the misunderstanding
2018-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 12-5 09:47
Oh ok.  Sorry for the misunderstanding

No problem.
You get lost in these threads rather quickly, as I have experienced myself very often
2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules