Registering Mavic via Digital Sky portal in India
9283 22 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maddy_9
lvl.1
Australia

Hi There,

Effective Dec 1st 2018, Indian DGCA (Director General of Civil Avaiation) have come up with the rules to be able to register the drones in the skynet portal and get persmission to fly the drone for each of the flight. This requires a NPNT (No permission No fly) feature to be intregrated with the drone firmware in order for the drones to be registered and used.
Any chance do we know is there any plan for this new control to be rolled out on dji drones.

Also, Digital Sky portal does not allow to register the drones unless the manufacturer is compliant to the new drone fly laws and requirements set by DGCA. Amy clue on when the compliance will be met by dji?

Thanks!
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Maddy_9, the regulation has just been released and we're still reviewing it, please pay attention to our official website for further progress, thank you!
2018-12-5
Use props
Maddy_9
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 12-5 00:21
Hi Maddy_9, the regulation has just been released and we're still reviewing it, please pay attention to our official website for further progress, thank you!

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your response. Im bit anxious, as i have recently bought the mavic 2 zoom and fly more pack in Australia with a plan to take it with me back to India, but did not pay attention to the indian rules which prohibits drone imports. But the recently released rule book has a provision to import drones with some approvals.
Looking forward for further updates.
Cheers!
2018-12-5
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

The rules look quite onerous. So all drones have to have real time tracking?

"GSM SIM Card/ NPNT compliant for APP based real time tracking "
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Maddy_9 Posted at 12-5 01:04
Hi Susan,

Thanks for your response. Im bit anxious, as i have recently bought the mavic 2 zoom and fly more pack in Australia with a plan to take it with me back to India, but did not pay attention to the indian rules which prohibits drone imports. But the recently released rule book has a provision to import drones with some approvals.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm afraid that it is not a good idea to take the drone to India as we're still reviewing the regulation. If there is an update, we'll release on our website immediately, appreciate your support and attention.
2018-12-5
Use props
fans6f7a5464
New

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-5 05:02
Thanks for the clarification. I'm afraid that it is not a good idea to take the drone to India as we're still reviewing the regulation. If there is an update, we'll release on our website immediately, appreciate your support and attention.

Hi Susan,

Were you able to confirm how registration for a drone in India is possible?

Thanks,
Manraj
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans6f7a5464 Posted at 1-20 21:15
Hi Susan,

Were you able to confirm how registration for a drone in India is possible?

Hi Manraj, sorry, we do not have the news for now, please note our website for the future update.
2019-1-22
Use props
Pekoflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78940 ft
United Kingdom

Is there any update yet for DJI NTNP compliant drones in order to register with the Indian authorities?
2019-2-4
Use props
MYDH
New

India

Looks good. How about providing a feature like squak code for simple identification of drones ?
2019-2-12
Use props
fansde650b3a
lvl.1
India

Hi i have spoken in detail with DGCA India staff regarding this matter.

Those of us buying/willing to buy from local market in INDIA must ask or obtain Equipment Type Approval (ETA) certificate from the seller/manufacturer. Without this we cannot even apply for UIN (license for rpa)....so getting the ETA from DJI is mandate.

Next comes NPNT compliance which is permission to fly. I am sure it will come as some sort of firmware or app update.

We need ETA even for Nano drone like Tello if we wish to fly at 200ft height.

My only request to DJI that while you make NPNT app compliance stuff PLZ pLZ provide ETA for us to atleast over email atleast. So that we can atleast say that we have it legally.

Your official indian distributors are also unable to provide proof of genuine purchase. So techically all DJI drones are illegal items in India

The ETA solves this matter and we users can have a breathing ground to stand upon.

Please please pay attention to my appeal
2019-2-18
Use props
baji_photograph
New
Flight distance : 1457 ft
United Arab Emirates

I just a new Mavic 2 Pro in Dubai and just got the news I cant clear customs in India. Is it the case?
2019-2-20
Use props
fansde650b3a
lvl.1
India

baji_photograph Posted at 2-20 05:54
I just a new Mavic 2 Pro in Dubai and just got the news I cant clear customs in India. Is it the case?

yes as per current laws you cannot import drones in india if you do not have ETA license obtained from the seller/manufacturer.

The first step of accepting the import in india will have you provide the ETA certificate from manufacturer which says that they have obtained ETA approval from the Indian Govt for allowing them to export drones/rpas to our country. Till such time you are stuck.
2019-2-20
Use props
djistarlord
New

India

Sir DJI official store are come to a India yes or not
2019-2-27
Use props
mechrank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66 ft

Saudi Arabia

Any update on the ETA? what is the ETA for obtaining ETA i have recently purchased DJI MAVIC Pro on eBAY, now stuck up on importing it to INDIA with loads of procedures.
2019-6-30
Use props
nitesh_agrawal
New

India

Hi Susan,
I am planning to buy a dji Mavic Air. I am thinking to get it to India through one of my friend who is travelling to USA for a short duration. I read multiple articles, and regulation doc and understand that if my friend does not have the approval, the drone may be confiscated at the airport. Please guide me the process to get the drone to India and also when will the ETA approval be provided from dji; Will it be at the time of buying or is there anything else?
2019-8-22
Use props
TheFirstDrone
lvl.1

India

Hello Dji team

Can you please update on this. I am not sure what should I do with my mavic 2 zoom as I am planning to move to india early next year.
2019-10-29
Use props
p_anuram
lvl.1

India

@DJI Susan,

I believe DJI will have enough data on how many Android and IOS users downloaded DJI Go 4 app. Which shows the count of DJI users in India that are flying with out compliance. Why do DJI believe its not important to bring compliance for India.
If you go through this Forum (https://digitalsky.ispirt.in/) there are lot of developers talking in adding support for their drone.
The ask is simple, to get a REST API call to Digital Sky before takeoff and after landing. We are not in stone age to say that REST APIs will slow down the app.

Every Foreign company has seen great growth in India when they satisfy the customers.
Go an show the above mentioned app download data to your sales guys, you could know the count of users in India(even when it was not compliant).
2019-11-13
Use props
Paras Dattani
New

Canada

This is really long taking. I will buy that alpha-beta company's drone over DJI (even though the drone are great) to fly in India.
2019-12-25
Use props
rapidadi
New

India

@TheFirstDrone, @Paras Dattani You not only need ETA from DoT, but also Import clearance from DGCA and Import License from DGFT to get UIN number, if you bought the drone outside India.
2019-12-30
Use props
rapidadi
New

India

So, Mavic Mini is the only DJI drone that can be bought and used without any hassle in India as of today, as it falls under Nano Drone Category.
2019-12-30
Use props
Subramanian Sankaran
New
India

Hi I bought my Mavic pro 2 last year from Amazon India last year, how do I get the ETA document and OEM?
2020-3-8
Use props
Sumit Jain
lvl.1

India

Hi All, So let me clear off all the doubts and make it easy for everyone to complete the process.

1. ETA (Equipment Type Approval Certificate) is provided by WPC Wing, DOT (Department of Telecommunication)

A). ETA form (submitted to local RLO - Regional Licensing. Officer)
B) Product RF Test Report. available for download on their website dji.com/euro-compliance/
C) Product Specs and Manual/Catalog - available for download on their website for each category.
D) Self Declaration (ETA) for application with details for your use, address, and registration, and undertaking that you have applied to only their particular RLO.
E) Authorisation letter from manufacturer to apply for Drone Registration to be submitted.  (This one we need from DJI). This can be a simple format of your drone details and authorization that you have purchased from DJI and all the product catalog/manual and specs as specified with the product.
F) A payment of Rs. 10,000/- to. bharatkosh.gov.in and attach the receipt in the application to your respective RLO. (under Ministry TELECOMMUNICATIONS) and purpose ETA.

Getting an ETA takes at least 30 days from RLO. WPC Wing, DOT.

2. Import Security Clearance ( A security clearance from DGCA)
This process is easy as DJI does not need to provide anything and you will need to fill in all the details and submit a Self Declaration Form and Product Details to their website esahaj.gov.in. This one requires no payment and totally online.
(If a company, then Company PAN CARD AND Incorporation certificate along with TAN.)

3.. Import Licence from DGFT
This one we will get once we submit a copy. of ETA and Security Clearance from DGCA. A copy of this also requires. all the product Details, Invoices, and Bank Statment/Credit Card (from where you purchased). be attached in their form. They. send you Import clearance and then you can import the drone.

4. for Drone Registration
you can go to digitalsky.gov.in and apply with all details and payment of Rs. 1000/-  to Bharat Kosh under Ministry Civil Aviation and Tourism, ETA. The digital sky communication is. the last but very easy as they guide you step by step (also for NPNT category drones.)

So, in short, we need an "Authorisation letter from manufacturer to apply for Drone Registration" to be submitted.. and that you have to apply as per your case. I have got all documents so far except this one. ;)

My email is summitgamesentertainment@gmail.com reach me if you need any assistance.

2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_e6Zsi5go3qGO
New

India

सर मेरा पहला ड्रोन है मैं उसे कैसे यूज करूं मुझे पता ही है
2022-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules