MAVIC 2 CRASH: took off and hit! Drone problems? What i do now?
6595 44 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

I watched the video from DJI app. It looks that you were yawing left with your own stick but on the same time the drone was drifting right without any input at the right stick. If my observation is correct, then the drone's behavior does not look right. Last time you touched down the right stick was on 00:17sec. The movement after 00:17 towards the right was drifting. The drone was moving on its own.  It should be noted that during drifting (00:17-00:19) the drone had 10 satellites which is not bad therefore drifting can't really be explained. Maybe it was the wind.

The GPS signal became weaker when the drone was yawing very close to the building .  For sure it is not a good practice to fly so close to a tall building, but your didn't send the drone close to the building. It was the unexplained drifting that brought the drone there.

At least this is my understanding. If there was no strong wind (I see the trees in your video moving) then this should not be attributed to pilot error.  

2018-12-6
Use props
DPOV
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZmaroSobrinho Posted at 12-6 08:09
thanks for the analysis I had the impression that the drone was tilted when I went forward, and when I released the stick came a wind and the drone lost its balance. I think it's a failure in the equipment because it was not even windy either

can you upload the data on here ?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-12-6
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7058809 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DPOV Posted at 12-6 15:37
can you upload the data on here ?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

i'm trying upload
2018-12-7
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

You took off with only 9 sattelites locked, and close to a wall? That's a reciepy for a disaster. GPS signalls would bounce off concrete, resulting in imprecise positioning and dropout if good sat sources. Add strong wind to that. You should have waited until you have 16+ GPS/GLONASS sats locked, before starting the motors (that way you don't waste power while waiting for the sats). Also, have at least 5-6 meter distance from any walls to avoid dignal disturbance
2018-12-7
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

It's always the drone.
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules