Landing gear function restored - FW 0.300
1551 8 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roryhinds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 597598 ft
Canada

I'm running the latest FW 0.300 and keep getting the error message while flying "Landing gear function restored"
How do I get this fixed on this "professional" machine
2018-12-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Try to live with this annoyance until they release next FW upgrade sometime in December, let's hope ...
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day roryhinds. I am sorry to know that you are having this error message on your DJI Inspire 2. Can you please refresh the firmware of your DJI Inspire 2 an let us see if the issue will still persist. May I also know what mobile device are you using please. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
roryhinds
lvl.2
Canada

Hi DJI Stephen

As this is a know issue with the firmware do you know if refreshing the firmware will do anything to fix this?
The issue persists, as its a know issue so I'm curious why you suggest refreshing the firmware.
I'm using a CrystalSky Ultra.
2018-12-10
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

roryhinds Posted at 12-10 11:30
Hi DJI Stephen

As this is a know issue with the firmware do you know if refreshing the firmware will do anything to fix this?

Roryhinds, refreshing the firmware will most likely not help at all. They only tell you that because that is the standard response, they know it probably wont help but it will keep you busy and divert attention away from the fact that the Inspire 2 is turning into a dud.
(definition of dud:
a thing that fails to work properly or is otherwise unsatisfactory or worthless.
not working or meeting standards; faulty.)

The I2 firmware before this new one, V200 was so catastrophically bad that even DJI themselves advised not to install it, they did still have it on their website for some reason.
V300 is even worse, it is killing peoples batteries, makes your landing gear go up and down randomly, loose connection and many many other issues.

There is also no end in sight. It appears that DJI has made many 'half-broken' Inspire 2's, many of these have a lot of issues but DJI wouldnt admit it (trying to avoid a recall) so they are waiting to buy themselves time for the 1 year Warranty to run out so that they dont have to replace people's failing Inspire 2's

I wouldn't hold my breath for fixes either, keep in mind that the software got WORSE since V100, which is about 6 months of worsening firmware releases, no end in sight!

2018-12-11
Use props
roryhinds
lvl.2
Canada

let's hear what DJI Stephen has to say.
2018-12-11
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

roryhinds Posted at 12-11 09:17
let's hear what DJI Stephen has to say.

Well he said to go and refresh ur firmware. You should try it, it doesnt do any harm.
Do it and come back if the issue persists
Edit: dont update over the CrystalSky monitor (its bugged, ofcourse), use the DJI Assistant software with a usb cable straight to the Inspire 2. Refresh the firmware this way.
2018-12-11
Use props
roryhinds
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks JBSonic, I have already refreshed the firmware many times.
Firmware updates take time, a lot of time, time better spent on other things when all you are doing is hitting your head against the wall.

Again it would be nice to hear from DJI Stephen on why he thinks refreshing the firmware will fix this (when its a known bug)
2018-12-11
Use props
roryhinds
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-12-10 11:05
Hello and good day roryhinds. I am sorry to know that you are having this error message on your DJI Inspire 2. Can you please refresh the firmware of your DJI Inspire 2 an let us see if the issue will still persist. May I also know what mobile device are you using please. Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen, could you please response to my request for feedback on this issue.
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules