Audio recording
1390 5 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

Googled the above topic and it seems like M2P has no way to record audio and yet I keep seeing more videos posted here where there were audio channels blended into the vids.

Do they record those audio separately elsewhere and blend into the vids in software ?

Please enlighten.  Thanks!
2018-12-4
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

It does record audio on the cached video (which stays in your mobile device, not on the microSD).
That said, in order to retrieve the Video with the audio (always recorded from your smartphone, never from the aircraft itself since it doesn't have a microphone), you need to Go to the little Playback icon on the bottom right, select the video, select Cache on the top right and them download it.

Videos downloaded from the SD card (or called Original on the DJI Go 4 app gallery) never have audio since they are the pure video recorded directly on the aircraft.

Be advised that the cached video will record any signal interferences, image "blocks" and any other noise since it is a muxed result from the aircraft stream with the recorded audio from the smartphone, thus it carries all the noise from the tx/rx between the AC and RC and can reach maximum 1080p.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

Thanks.

I understand that it had to be a separate audio channel that needs to be blended into the vid during post-editing.

Can anyone recommend the best portable device to record my own audio separately?
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You could be able to produce an audio on your cache file recording, however, the sounds were produced by your mobile device and can't be obtained on your SD card file. You have to enable the cache option on your DJI GO 4 app. Please see the image below for your reference. Thank you for the support.

2018-12-6
Use props
mendo
lvl.3

China

DJ_Fan Posted at 2018-12-4 12:07
Thanks.

I understand that it had to be a separate audio channel that needs to be blended into the vid during post-editing.

Maybe you could take a try of DRmare Audio Capture. It is a tool that can record audios from computer. Good luck.
2019-10-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

You wouldn't want the audio from the M2P - All you'd hear are the propellers.
2019-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules