mavic 2 + ipad?
2303 15 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

curious, does the mavic 2 work with an iPad mini? just noticed the picture has it using a cellphone, thx!

also - do you "have" to go online to get regular updates (after your machine is registered)? (i.e., does the machine periodically "force" you to go online to update your machine?) or are they optional?

thx!

2018-12-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI supports the iPad Mini 4. Other people are also running DJI GO 4 on the iPad Mini 2 & 3 (as well as these mobile devices).

You do have to connect your mobile device to the Internet in order to get updates. They are optional though.
2018-12-4
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

msinger Posted at 12-4 20:11
DJI supports the iPad Mini 4. Other people are also running DJI GO 4 on the iPad Mini 2 & 3 (as well as these mobile devices).

You do have to connect your mobile device to the Internet in order to get updates. They are optional though.

Okay - you mean you've successfully used the ipad with the mavic? (I noticed you just said "DJI" - so not sure if you were speaking in general (i.e., phantom series) - or - specifcally this model (mavic pro 2)...

i do have the phantoms, was thinking of getting a mavic...
2018-12-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I meant DJI the company only officially supports the iPad Mini 4 for DJI GO 4.

While the iPad Mini 2 and Mini 3 aren't officialy supported, that doesn't mean they won't work. If you're in the market to get an iPad Mini, then get the iPad Mini 4 if your budget supports it. It's much better than the 2/3.

2018-12-4
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9521385 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The iPad Mini 4 fits in to the M2s remote. You need to remove the short cable that goes through the mount into the side USB port (including the small square retainer) and use a Lightning cable from the bottom USB port. There’s a knack to getting it in but it fits.
2018-12-4
Use props
Jair Fonseca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2382 ft
United States

I recommend using the iPad Mini 4, previous models do not work well.
2018-12-4
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I use an iPad air2 with no issues, it runs the app flawlessly

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-4
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

okay, thanks for all the help!

pps - curious - why is the iPad 4 "better" than an iPad 2? (I actually am testing out an iPad 4 right now - and while the display seems to 'look' nicer - seems to be the same machine...)
2018-12-5
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

It's the latest version of the mini.  Faster CPU, crisper screen, with more enhancements.  I love using my mini.  Sad that Apple is not coming out with a new version.  
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for choosing DJI. DJI recommends using a mobile device that is tested and listed on the recommended mobile device list for proper usage of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. You should also update the firmware of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro if there is a new update released to make the drone compatible with the new features of the drone. If you have any other concerns and inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.

2018-12-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-6
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Also the iPad air2 is more powerful specs wise compared to iPad mini 4.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-6
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I use an iPad air 2 with the mp2, it runs flawlessly, much better than my iPhone x 256 mb did, but it does require an aftermarket bracket. The larger screen of the iPad air also makes spotting obstacles like wires much easier
2018-12-6
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I use an iPad air 2 with the mp2, it runs flawlessly, much better than my iPhone x 256 mb did, but it does require an aftermarket bracket. The larger screen of the iPad air also makes spotting obstacles like wires much easier
2018-12-6
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-6
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

thx very much, appreciate it!
2018-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules