Mavic Pro crashes after RTH
1850 8 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mullins
lvl.1

Vietnam

Good morning to everyone!! Yesterday, I had this unpleasant incident of my Mavic Pro's crash!!!
There was a sudden lack of GPS and the failsafe RTH procedure, started. Unfortunately, there was more than 3,0m deflection from the recorded home point. As a result, the drone ended up down the cliff!!!
I would really appreciate, a short of guidance...what am I supposed to do? How is it possible to know if the accident has happened because of a system's failure or my mistake? Thank you,
2018-12-5
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Mullins,

Why didn`t you stop the RTH autolanding and corrected this 3 meter to land safely, or was there still a full disconnect RC<>AC?
Think it`s wise to find a takeoff location with some free space around that spot (if possible*), to 'compensate' the accuracy for the actual RTH autolanding position.

* if not, calculate and accept the risk in case things goes wrong.

If you like upload your flightlog using this >  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB

2018-12-5
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Interesting.  Your Mavic will not go into failsafe RTH just because of GPS loss.  Also when using RTH you can still either cancel it just before landing then land manually or still direct you drone to land precisely even when RTH is activated.    Best to follow JJBspark's direction to upload your logs to get the answer as to what really happened.
2018-12-5
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I almost always take off using the precise RTH option. Never had it land more than a foot from the take off position.
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello Mullins. I am really sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Pro crashed. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI drone. Since this crash happened the best thing you can contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support and create a case for your DJI Mavic Pro.  Please sync the flight records as well for us to further investigate what really happened on your previous flight. Thank you.

2018-12-5
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Anytime my aircraft is landing on it's own (RTH or Autoland), I hover my finger over the pause button.  More than once, the accuracy has been off and if I just let it land itself it would have crashed into something.  If you hit the pause button it stops instantly and you can make adjustments and land it yourself.
2018-12-5
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

The few times I have used RTH was to just test that it works on any of my drones.  Once they are on the way down, I take over and land it myself.
2018-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It might be to late for this but for future if you hit problems.

Loss of GPS
Loss of GPS will lead to SUA drifting with the wind. Inertial Monitoring Unit (IMU) will maintain aircraft stability. Return-to-Home function will be lost. GPS signal can be lost when operating in mountainous areas, built-up areas, forest areas and any other areas where GPS signals are blocked. Vision positioning systems may not work if heights in excess of 5m are maintained.

Actions
• Maintain lateral position using right stick (mode 2) control inputs
• Land as soon as practical

Forced Landing
If the stability of the SUA is in doubt, it is best to attempt an immediate landing instead of returning to land at the assigned landing point. Delay in landing might allow stability issue deteriorate further. Suitable Emergency Landing sites must always be identified and briefed prior to flight.
Actions
• Route to pre-determined Emergency Landing site
• Land
2018-12-11
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

That sucks. My condolences. Read some of these other posts to see if that helps any
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules