Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-5
Use props
KG1962
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2485971 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great photos, I am going in March 2019, I wasn't sure whether I should take mine in case I wasn't allowed to fly in Venice, but looks like its ok !!  So happy now.

2018-12-5
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I can just imagine that Venice would be teeming with drones?  
2018-12-5
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Be very careful flying there. Flying restrictions there due to nearby airport. Was there a couple of months ago but decided not to fly - way too risky.
2018-12-5
Use props
i_seb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363501 ft
Italy

El Diablo Posted at 12-5 03:42
Nice photos and clever thing to fly over water to avoid problems ;)

Is flying over the water really a way for avoiding problems? What about NFZ?
2018-12-5
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

i_seb Posted at 12-5 07:46
Is flying over the water really a way for avoiding problems? What about NFZ?

You bring up a good point. With the new GEO fencing updates, I'll be quite surprised if the craft would even take off now.

Flying over water is a better option should the craft fall for whatever reason and not injure anyone but lose $$$.

But, in NFZ, true there should not be any flying.
2018-12-5
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
India

Very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing
2018-12-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome shots - good work!
2018-12-6
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Very nice shots but probably illegal laws wise

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very beautiful indeed.
Hope you are allowed to fly there.
2018-12-6
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Would have been a great place for a hyperlapse of the boat traffic early in the morning there.
2018-12-6
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For all those drone police comments , DJI fly safe does not have Venice as a no fly area, and where he flew is not within 5 km of the closest airport, which is marked on the dji map.. As to whether the whole of his flights comply with the Italian drone code is a matter between him and Italian Police.
2018-12-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Well done it looks really cool
2018-12-6
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi dancopter, thank you for sharing your photos with us. You may also find some tips and tricks here about Aerial Photography. Have a safe flight always.
2018-12-6
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

Beware guys!
I am Italian, which is a 1 hour drive from Venice. Last year I saw that they seized the drone (Mavic Pro) to a Polish guy with 2,000€ fine for a simple photo to 3 meters high!
2018-12-6
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

EnricoBrun Posted at 12-6 20:58
Beware guys!
I am Italian, which is a 1 hour drive from Venice. Last year I saw that they seized the drone (Mavic Pro) to a Polish guy with 2,000€ fine for a simple photo to 3 meters high!

So i guess the author of these pictures got very lucky

Flysafely all
Alex
2018-12-6
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

In that area you'll find it immediately! Tessera airport sees anything from 50m with Radar up in such a large area that touches the province of Treviso, the BIRDTAM for the line pilots goes great and to see a mavic is very easy. I say these things because I have a European PPL (H) license. So the flight must be fast and low! joke.
2018-12-6
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Italian drone code does not permit flights for hobbyists above 70 meters. It also suggests there is no flying from urban locations. Whether that is enforceable is another matter. Apparently some of the landmarks in venice have been hit by drone, and crashed onto public below. The pictures above posted by the thread originator look to be taken early in the morning, when not many people, including the police are around, probably a wise thing to avoid drone confiscation and a 2000 euro fine.
2018-12-7
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Dunno how you've got them, but the photos are awesome. Sometimes the risk is worth it
2018-12-7
Use props
Thriller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Beautiful shots. Did you make also some video?
2018-12-7
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great pictures. Nice composition and exposure. 2 on the left are my favorite. Fantastic!
2018-12-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shots.
2018-12-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2018-12-7
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Awesome shots!!!
2018-12-7
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Would love to see a video too

thanks for taking the risk, and for sharing
2018-12-8
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

KG1962 Posted at 12-5 04:02
Great photos, I am going in March 2019, I wasn't sure whether I should take mine in case I wasn't allowed to fly in Venice, but looks like its ok !!  So happy now.

Its not allowed and substantial fines have been levied on people who got caught.

People knowingly violating countries laws and showing zero respect for the host country are the main reason for more and more restrictions and bans
2018-12-10
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

SPIKE_151 Posted at 12-6 02:20
For all those drone police comments , DJI fly safe does not have Venice as a no fly area, and where he flew is not within 5 km of the closest airport, which is marked on the dji map.[view_image]. As to whether the whole of his flights comply with the Italian drone code is a matter between him and Italian Police.

Why bother with DJI Geo?  Its completely inaccurate for most of the world and in no way replaced finding out and following the laws of the country you're in.

This does sum up the problem - most drone users seem to act like spoilt 12 year old kids with no respect for local laws and restrictions.
2018-12-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

It's highly forbidden flying over Venice!
2018-12-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

SPIKE_151 Posted at 12-6 02:20
For all those drone police comments , DJI fly safe does not have Venice as a no fly area, and where he flew is not within 5 km of the closest airport, which is marked on the dji map.[view_image]. As to whether the whole of his flights comply with the Italian drone code is a matter between him and Italian Police.

In Italy, you cannot fly over ANY city! And Venice, like Rome, is highly forbidden! There were a lot of tourists already fined.
https://www.ilgazzettino.it/nord ... vigili-2360189.html
2018-12-10
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 12-10 07:30
In Italy, you cannot fly over ANY city! And Venice, like Rome, is highly forbidden! There were a lot of tourists already fined.
https://www.ilgazzettino.it/nordest/venezia/drone_piazza_san_marco_venezia_turista_vigili-2360189.html

Yep I read that, but given the distance on the Mavic, and the fact you cannot hear it or see it above a certain altitude, one can probably get away with flying over the water to get a few pictures early in the morning. As I said this is a matter between he who was flying the drone and Venician police.

Well give that if he took off from a boat out on the water, and only flew over the water, he is not technically overflying the city itself, is not risking a crash onto people, and is highly unlikely to get stopped by the police as they would have no idea where the flight originated.
2018-12-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

SPIKE_151 Posted at 12-10 07:58
Yep I read that, but given the distance on the Mavic, and the fact you cannot hear it or see it above a certain altitude, one can probably get away with flying over the water to get a few pictures early in the morning. As I said this is a matter between he who was flying the drone and Venician police.

Well give that if he took off from a boat out on the water, and only flew over the water, he is not technically overflying the city itself, is not risking a crash onto people, and is highly unlikely to get stopped by the police as they would have no idea where the flight originated.

Well, water, in Venice, is part of the city
2018-12-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

SPIKE_151 Posted at 12-10 07:58
Yep I read that, but given the distance on the Mavic, and the fact you cannot hear it or see it above a certain altitude, one can probably get away with flying over the water to get a few pictures early in the morning. As I said this is a matter between he who was flying the drone and Venician police.

Well give that if he took off from a boat out on the water, and only flew over the water, he is not technically overflying the city itself, is not risking a crash onto people, and is highly unlikely to get stopped by the police as they would have no idea where the flight originated.

2018-12-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Light green is strictly prohibited. Violet are airport. Blue is for ATZ and dark green for CTR zone 1. From 0 feet to 1500 feet is prohibited.
2018-12-10
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 12-10 09:04
Light green is strictly prohibited. Violet are airport. Blue is for ATZ and dark green for CTR zone 1. From 0 feet to 1500 feet is prohibited.

Looking at that the purple zones do not cover most of Venice, those are the ones that carry the risk, the risk of collision with other aircraft. While I appreciate legislation is there for safety, I certainly do not agree with the whole " no flying in cities ", not in any country. If your flight carries no risk, ie. in my example flying over water only, then it carries no risk, so legally, prove harm or prove risk, if neither can be proven then the act of flying is not negligent and the law, in any country is about intent.

I wouldnt condone over flying crowds of people, as im sure most of Venice has most of the year. That is a risk, but like Canada and some other countries, certain parts of the USA, drone legislation is draconian in its nature. I would be interested in how many people the Italian Civil Aviation Authority have actually prosecuted for not complying with the drone code, do you have any figures on this?
2018-12-11
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

SPIKE_151 Posted at 12-11 00:21
Looking at that the purple zones do not cover most of Venice, those are the ones that carry the risk, the risk of collision with other aircraft. While I appreciate legislation is there for safety, I certainly do not agree with the whole " no flying in cities ", not in any country. If your flight carries no risk, ie. in my example flying over water only, then it carries no risk, so legally, prove harm or prove risk, if neither can be proven then the act of flying is not negligent and the law, in any country is about intent.

I wouldnt condone over flying crowds of people, as im sure most of Venice has most of the year. That is a risk, but like Canada and some other countries, certain parts of the USA, drone legislation is draconian in its nature. I would be interested in how many people the Italian Civil Aviation Authority have actually prosecuted for not complying with the drone code, do you have any figures on this?

I could tell you that many people here is ready to call police if they see drones in city. All cases I know started from a call to police.
Another case is when an American tourist has injured a citizen with a Mavic Pro in Piazza Duomo in Milan. The most popular square in that city. Of course, bye bye Mavic Pro, and he was fined.
In italy, it's important to know, it's different to take recreational footages, or professional footages.
If you are a pro, and cough you taking footages (without permission and assurance), you risk the jail (I don't remember how much months). Or be fined till 20.000 euro. Also where is allowed to fly. But I never heard they applied this rule.
I know sometime rules could be stupid. But if they put them, it's because, there are also, stupid people using these devices.
2018-12-11
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

Nice pictures, but unless you got a licence and a notam, you did something totally illegal and risked a lot.
2018-12-11
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So the Police are bringing the prosecutions? It’s a criminal law offence and not a civil offence where the Italian civil aviation authorities bring the prosecution?
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules