Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
sport mode
705 11 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG
lvl.1
Australia

Have been trying to get my Mavic Pro to go to sports mode but I think that I have some of the setting wrong and can't get it to work, any one have any idea or should I just go to factory reset and start again. Thanks in advance for any help, Sparrow.

2018-12-5
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Make sure you set it to sports mode on the side of the controller.
2018-12-5
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

What does it mean you can't "get it to work", did you slide the right side button of the controller?

Once you are in Sport mode, you can't have any of the intelligent flight modes like "point-of-interest" etc.
and no forward avoidance sensing, so be very careful.
2018-12-5
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

You have to acticate the flight modes inside the app for the button switch to work.
2018-12-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-5
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Enable "Multiple Flight Mode" in DJI GO 4.
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you manage to turn off the beginner mode? Did you enable the multiple flight mode on the "Main controller" setting? If you encounter any problem or error message, please let us know for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

as stated already:
1. enable "multiple Flight modes" in Main controller setting
2. use the toggle on the right side of the RC to engage (UP) and disengage (DOWN)

also to mention:
1.do not take off in sport mode - a yellow notification will warn you if you are taking off in sport - in which case toggle down and yr good to go. Once launched you can toggle to sport and it activates.
2. i recomend finding some big open space to practice in at first - i think it helps to get yr eye in and to stay away from obsticles like trees etc
3. the yaw movements in sport are super quick - this can be controlled in the settings by reducing responsiveness to inputs and also by making smaller stick inputs (improves with practice) - this means at first you may find your drone spinning around very fast in sport - this happened to me twice in my early days in (too) high wind situations and was one big ingredient that lost me time getting home - this was perhaps my longest challange to over come in sport mode.
4. be careful of the wind - if it is blowing on the ground then be sure the wind is stronger in the sky where your drone will be.
5. when practicing to fly in the wind stay upwind of yr home point - if downwind and the wind picks up you may not get home.
6. if you press RTH whilst in sport mode the drone returns home in slow mode NOT SPORT SPEED.  If the wind is too high and the drones home is against the wind this can result in a flyaway. 7. Do not push full forward and full up at the same time - this causes massive fast battery discharge resulting in excessive heat conditions and risking the life of the battery cells and the batteriy circuits. If you discharge too hard you should get a red critical warning message that will stop your heart and possibly overheat yr battery.
8. have fun
ps
8. be careful of orbits in sport mode. There are no side sensors and you will quickly sideways crash into obsticles if they are about.
9. oh yes - in sport the forward sensors do not work. i cant think of a time when flying in sport that not having sensors was something i missed.

I prefer the flying of my drone to the filming aspects of it. I am in sport mode almost all the time - love it.

2018-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You probably need to set multiple flight modes in app, remember you cannot do this in the air, you must be on the ground with aircraft turned on.
2018-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

2018-12-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 12-5 13:53
as stated already:
1. enable "multiple Flight modes" in Main controller setting
2. use the toggle on the right side of the RC to engage (UP) and disengage (DOWN)

I would add near #3.  Be very aware that once the drone has wound itself up in Sports mode, it will take longer to stop, and turns will be much wider.  

As previously stated, find an open area, like say several acres with nothing but grass.  Cause if there is a tree anywhere nearby, the drone will seek it out in Sports mode.  
2018-12-5
Use props
Bart B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

Yep, like this tree

2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules