Propeller guards and warranty ?
1281 11 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi, i ordered on line from a dji store a set of propeller guards. In the product information there was not the pgytech writen so i thought it would be the dji ones.
I got them and see it is the pgytech guards.
My main question,
does the warranty of my new mavic 2 pro is valid if something happens with these propeller guards on or not?
Roi

2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Roi. Thank you for choosing DJI. May I know if this is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro propeller guard that you have purchased for DJI Online? Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... t-v2&position=0

2018-12-5
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Hi, no, i bought these:

https://www.myhelis.com/propeller-guard-for-mavic-2.html
I bought it from the official dji store in Greece.

(I see that you have some Pgytech products in your dji site also. thats why i am asking).

2018-12-5
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Phantom_Film Posted at 12-5 10:45
Hi, no, i bought these:
[view_image]
https://www.myhelis.com/propeller-guard-for-mavic-2.html

I would be annoyed also.  There was no indication on the web site of the brand, especially considering that it was on an official DJI resellers website. Have you asked for an exchange or refund?
2018-12-5
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

UNsyncED Posted at 12-5 14:48
I would be annoyed also.  There was no indication on the web site of the brand, especially considering that it was on an official DJI resellers website. Have you asked for an exchange or refund?

Yes it is ok with them whatever i choose, they apologized, but i thought i would ask in case i decided to keep it because i dont see any dji originals in stock.
2018-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Phantom_Film Posted at 12-5 15:00
Yes it is ok with them whatever i choose, they apologized, but i thought i would ask in case i decided to keep it because i dont see any dji originals in stock.

I really don’t think you would have any problem, it was dji that sold you there third party guards that fit their craft. If your aircraft malfunctions it won’t be as a result of prop guards.
2018-12-5
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 12-5 15:08
I really don’t think you would have any problem, it was dji that sold you there third party guards that fit their craft. If your aircraft malfunctions it won’t be as a result of prop guards.

Well i would like to hear the official Dji answer on that, many people also would like to learn about warranty and pgytech parts.
2018-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Phantom_Film Posted at 12-5 15:22
Well i would like to hear the official Dji answer on that, many people also would like to learn about warranty and pgytech parts.

The only time your warranty won’t be valid is if third party parts are responsible for your crash, it spells this out in your warranty.
It’s highly unlikely dji would endorse third party parts sell them to customers and then tell them that warranty is void.
But yes if you need them to confirm, if it were me and I bought dji prop guards and received generic ones I would just return them.
Good luck.
2018-12-5
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

If they are sold by DJI then i would think that if you bought them from DJI they would accept them on a warranty claim for sure.
2018-12-5
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Not that i believe they are not qualified, but i will send them back just for peace of mind.  
Cheers
Roi
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The accessory that you've provided was designed by a different manufacturer, however, you have to be careful on installing this to your aircraft as this may damage your drone physically and could possibly void the warranty of your drone. You could still use these propellers if you wish to use it and would depend on your preference if it will fit perfectly. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules