Still in need of a Northern California drone pilot.
1471 12 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Hi DJI Drone community!
It's your bro Aaron.

Several weeks ago, I had a school teacher contact my new Inspired Flyers Drone community. Her class is near the California Oregon boarder. She wanted to know if I or another drone pilot would be able to give a drone presentation to some college minded 7th and 8th graders?

Being a non driving stroke survivor I can't help but I would if I could! I mean the opportunity to positively influence young kids minds with drones. Wow! What an opportunity to be a positive influence in the world. Using drones!

Are you, or do you know of a drone pilot within reach of the Northern California Oregon boarder that would be willing to donate a drone presentation to a group of young students?

Can you help me help them?

If so, leave me a note in comments.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Aaron Avila
Inspired Flyers Drone Community

InspiredFlyers.jpg
2018-12-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi Aaron,
What's about you giving a video presentation, for example via Skype?
Cheers,
S.
2018-12-5
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

ssylca44 Posted at 12-5 09:37
Hi Aaron,
Cheers,

Good idea but I really feel there has got to be a drone pilot in the area, I just need to find them bro. But I'll keep that idea in mind.
Thanks!
2018-12-5
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Effort update. 12/5/18 9:50 AM

I just tweeted the most followed DJI Pilot and content creator Casey Neistat this on Twitter.

"@CaseyNeistat Casey, do you know a drone pilot in Northern California who would be willing to give a drone presentation to a group of 7th and 8th grade students in Northern California? Here's my DJI Forum post https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=174048&page=1&extra=#pid1670706 "

Casey has huge YouTube Subscriber reach of over 10 Million subscribers he'll probably will know someone! I figured I might get lucky and Casey might read my Tweet and help me find someone.
I think my cause is worth it, you agree?
2018-12-5
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Not that it matters, but these kids are not disabled and just want to learn about drones.
2018-12-5
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

ssylca44 Posted at 12-5 09:37
Hi Aaron,
Cheers,

I want you to know this is a great idea bro! Gave me some awesome ideas! Stay tuned!
2018-12-5
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

As the teacher contacted you through your Inspired Flyers facebook page, are they not expecting someone with some sort of disability to turn up and show how drones have changed their life ?
Is that not the whole point of your group ?
Also, whoever you get to go should be fully insured and registered with the FAA and preferably licenced for commercial flying, just to be on the safe side.
Hope you can find someone, as it would be a missed opportunity, but maybe you need to plan ahead a bit more before jumping in head first...  
2018-12-5
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Harbourside Posted at 12-5 13:15
As the teacher contacted you through your Inspired Flyers facebook page, are they not expecting someone with some sort of disability to turn up and show how drones have changed their life ?
Is that not the whole point of your group ?
Also, whoever you get to go should be fully insured and registered with the FAA and preferably licenced for commercial flying, just to be on the safe side.

Bro! I have no clue what your negative attitude towards me is all about? Why?
If you don't like me so much, why do you even read my posts let alone take your time to leave some toxic negative comment on my thread? Why?
Oh by the way, as a survivor of a massive brain aneurysm and massive stroke, being half paralyzed and wheelchair bound I do depend totally on my amazing wife.

ADMIN PLEASE BLOCK THIS USER FROM ME! I DO NOT WANT HIM ENGAGING WITH ME AT ALL!

1517514_10205048644599361_3302969829130263229_n.jpg
2018-12-5
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
United Kingdom

Aaron Avila Posted at 12-5 14:10
Bro! I have no clue what your negative attitude towards me is all about? Why?
If you don't like me so much, why do you even read my posts let alone take your time to leave some toxic negative comment on my thread? Why?
Oh by the way, as a survivor of a massive brain aneurysm and massive stroke, being half paralyzed and wheelchair bound I do depend totally on my amazing wife.

You come across as a petulant child, throwing a tantrum if anyone criticises you.
In what way were my comments toxic ?
I was only trying to help, by pointing out some problems with your plan.
Unless you have some way of verifying if a person is competent and insured , I would not let them anywhere near a classroom full of children with a drone. I would expect the school to do some background checks as well.
All I was saying is that you need to think about it more, as it sounded like you would just send the first person that said yes straight down there.
2018-12-5
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Harbourside Posted at 12-5 17:52
You come across as a petulant child, throwing a tantrum if anyone criticises you.
In what way were my comments toxic ?
I was only trying to help, by pointing out some problems with your plan.

GO AWAY!
If you think your comment "Here is an idea for you.
Why not just do it yourself instead of asking the world and his wife to do things for you all the time ?
Implying I rely to much on my wife to much is WAY OUT OF LINE!
I am also Founder of an online stroke support group with almost 3,000 members.
If you were my member and you were treating another member like you're treating me. I would have banned you a while ago. DJI's tolerance of members like you is disappointing.
SO I ASK YOU AGAIN PLEASE STOP REPLYING AND COMMENTING ON MY THREADS!
I SAY AGAIN!
STOP!
2018-12-5
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
United Kingdom

Aaron Avila Posted at 12-5 18:13
GO AWAY!
If you think your comment "Here is an idea for you.
Why not just do it yourself instead of asking the world and his wife to do things for you all the time ?

The phrase "the world and his wife" is just a saying, meaning "everyone".
Yet again you jump to conclusions that are untrue.
Saying that you would ban me is again, just showing how over sensitive you are to anyone who has a different opinion than your own.
The irony is that this Chinese forum is not a dictatorship and everyone is free to express themselves, including me.
2018-12-5
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Harbourside Posted at 12-5 19:04
The phrase "the world and his wife" is just a saying, meaning "everyone".
Yet again you jump to conclusions that are untrue.
Saying that you would ban me is again, just showing how over sensitive you are to anyone who has a different opinion than your own.

Just quit replying! I don't respect a word you say!
STOP!
I'M DONE WITH YOUR HARASSMENT.
You have issues!
NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!
GO BOTHER SOMEONE ELSE!
I'M DONE!
There are only two kinds of people on planet earth.
Energy givers or Energy takers.
You sir are an energy taker!
My last response.
You're just not worth my time!
2018-12-5
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
United Kingdom

Aaron Avila Posted at 12-5 19:17
Just quit replying! I don't respect a word you say!
STOP!
I'M DONE WITH YOUR HARASSMENT.

I am only trying to have a reasonable conversation with you.
If it was my child at the school and some random unknown person with a drone turned up saying "its ok Aaron sent me" as a parent I would want to know that all the safety measures were in place.
You can imagine the PR disaster if god forbid something went wrong.

2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules