Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can We Have Customizable Yaw/Turning Speed for Spark Please?
3112 11 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

Between the lack of gimbal yaw stabilization and video transmission lag, it is almost impossible to turn the Spark smoothly without tripod mode. However, horizontal speed is too slow in tripod mode when Spark is at higher altitude.

Would it be possible to make yaw/turning speed customizable for Spark? A new setting similar to adjustable gimbal pitch speed would be great. Alternatively, can Spark get the new tripod mode for Mavic 2 where vertical speed, horizontal speed and yaw smoothness are all adjustable?

Please reply to this thread if you agree. Hopefully, DJI will add this feature if more people ask for it.

2018-12-5
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi Alex,

Slow turns are possible with the Spark, but not with usual means.
I'm just about making a video how it can be done and how it works. Right now I'm on a business trip and can't continue working on that video, but it should be ready by beginning next week I guess.
Stay tuned!

Cheers
Wolferl
2018-12-5
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

Wolferl Posted at 12-5 23:49
Hi Alex,

That would be great. Thanks a lot Wolferl. I knew more people would have this exact same problem.

However, this seems to be such a simple feature though. All the functions already exist. Even another simple tripod mode with normal horizontal and vertical speeds would do. It would be so simple for DJI to add.
2018-12-6
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 12-5 23:49
Hi Alex,

Sound great, can't wait for your video. Enjoy your trip.
S.
2018-12-6
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

ssylca44 Posted at 12-6 06:08
Sound great, can't wait for your video. Enjoy your trip.
S.

There you go:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=174400

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-12-10
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 12-10 09:52
There you go:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=174400

Many thanks,
S.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your suggestion with our DJI Spark, no worries, I'll let my team be informed with regard to this suggestion to see if could possibly adjust the yaw/pan movement of the aircraft depending on the preferred speed of our customers. Thank you continued support.
2018-12-10
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-10 14:03
Hi, we do appreciate your suggestion with our DJI Spark, no worries, I'll my team be informed with regard to this suggestion to see if could possibly adjust the yaw/pan movement of the aircraft depending on the preferred speed of our customers. Thank you continued support.

Video tutorial posted by Wolferl above is great. Thank you very much, Wolferl.

Of course, if DJI can allow direct adjustments in DJI GO 4 app, it would also be a lot easier for all the new users in future.
2018-12-11
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-10 14:03
Hi, we do appreciate your suggestion with our DJI Spark, no worries, I'll my team be informed with regard to this suggestion to see if could possibly adjust the yaw/pan movement of the aircraft depending on the preferred speed of our customers. Thank you continued support.

Wait. I got a little bit worried looking at how to enable debug mode of DJI Assistant Tool. It would appear that debug mode would void warranty? Oh, come on DJI.

All the functions are all there. You even have a hidden setting that allow exponential yaw control. This is just a very small thing that would make the life of your spark users so much easier. Why torture us so.

We would really appreciate if you could give us this function.

I will probably wait until my warranty expire before trying the debug mode of DJI Assistant Tool.
2018-12-11
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

AlexSW Posted at 12-11 03:12
Video tutorial posted by Wolferl above is great. Thank you very much, Wolferl.

Of course, if DJI can allow direct adjustments in DJI GO 4 app, it would also be a lot easier for all the new users in future.

HI Alex,

I agree with you, all that work wouldn't be necessary, had DJI included this in the app for the Spark.
On the other hand: DJI is a company, they are here to make money. They surely have a strategy how to sell more copters to us. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally ok with that.

BTW: Where did you read, using debug mode would void warranty? I am not aware of any reaction of this kind about this from any DJI officials. They always showed appreciation and support.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-12-12
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

Wolferl Posted at 12-12 00:50
HI Alex,

I agree with you, all that work wouldn't be necessary, had DJI included this in the app for the Spark.

Hi Wolferl,

You are right, companies are here to make money. However, they should not assume that consumers are stupid.

Remember that old manufacturing trick? Produce one hardware version only and limit functions with software to create a lower end model. Apparently it is still done; [cough] Tesla [cough].

Usually, only companies in leadership position can behave this way as consumers have little viable alternatives. However, these companies get into trouble when a competitor catches up.

Apple is a notorious example of disabling hardware functions with software. Does iPhone have a NFC chip? Yes. Can we use it? No. Why not? Because Apple said so, that’s why.

I used iPhones and iPads for about 3 years. Switched to Android phones and Windows tablets and never looked back. Look at where Apple’s market share is at now.

As consumers, we do need to remember that companies are here to screw the every last penny out of us. It is only up to us to ask for more for our money.

If I understand it correctly, debug mode can be used to increase, for example, the max speed. I did a quick a google search and it was said in the forum that it does void warranty. Of course, if we can get a clarification from DJI it would be great.

If it does not void warranty, I will change the yaw speed right away.
2018-12-12
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

Right now I just want latency of the video feed comparable to a race drone latency of about just 25ms. That would really help a lot with better framing and orbits/yawing. I'd really wish they could do analog feed or just lower the resolution as an option so video transmission speed would be faster.
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules