keep getting DIsconnected from phone
1984 11 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavidV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101496 ft
United States

I have a new Mavic 2 Zoom, I have had a few flights where everything has went fine. and several more that I have lost connection. Sometimes even before leaving the ground, I get      " Disconnected " I am using the Samsung S9+s.  Twice I have had to use the return home button a couple of thousand feet away.  Tried to fly today but could never keep a connection. any ideas what I might be doing wrong, or..... Should I leave my phone on wi-fi connnection or use my carriers connection ? or is it something else?

Thanks in advance.
Dave
2018-12-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Should I leave my phone on wi-fi connnection or use my carriers connection ?

Your cellular provider (carrier connection) is not used to communicate with Mavic drones.
If you are using DJI Remote Control that is connected to your Samsung phone, your Mavic drone should not be using WiFi and Samsung phone's WiFi is best turned off.
If you are NOT using DJI Remote Control - and you are using Mavic drone's WiFi, then your Samsung phone's WiFi must be turned on.

Assuming your Samsung phone has BlueTooth, turn it off.  Also turnoff your Samsung phone's cellular data.  Not sure how it is done with Samsung.  

With iPhone, you turn on Airplane Mode, then verify BlueTooth and Cellular are off.  If using Remote Control that WiFi, it is also off.  If not using R.C. then turn on WiFi.

2018-12-5
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the info, I am using the DJI remote controller hooked to my Samsung phone. as a visual from the drone's camera. Actually didn't know you had any other choice if you wanted to see what the camera was seeing. My blue tooth is on, I'll try and turn it off. and will turn my phone to airplane mode as suggested, and try that.
Thanks again
Dave
2018-12-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DavidV Posted at 12-5 20:24
Thanks for the info, I am using the DJI remote controller hooked to my Samsung phone. as a visual from the drone's camera. Actually didn't know you had any other choice if you wanted to see what the camera was seeing. My blue tooth is on, I'll try and turn it off. and will turn my phone to airplane mode as suggested, and try that.
Thanks again
Dave

Since you are using DJI Remote Controller.

When you get ''Disconnected'' is message displayed on Remote Controller or GO-4 App on Samsung phone or on both RC & Samsung?

When you get "Disconnected", will your Mavic drone still respond to Joystick commands.  I know you said you pressed RTH button, but it could be automatic RTH is kicking in on loss of signal (''Disconnect'') by coincidence.

Definitely post back, others here may have other suggestions / thoughts as to what to try.

You can always open a Support Ticket with DJI.  One thing they will likely ask about is if your Mavic drone and R.C. are running latest Firmware.  And if GO-4 is up to date on Samsung phone.
2018-12-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-5 21:22
Since you are using DJI Remote Controller.

When you get ''Disconnected'' is message displayed on Remote Controller or GO-4 App on Samsung phone or on both RC & Samsung?

Something else to try...  Depends upon where ''Disconnected'' message is being seen.

Stop all running extra add-on Apps on your Samsung (Android) Phone, followed by power-cycling your phone.  Then start only GO-4, and see if you get ''Disconnected'' messages.  GO-4 takes a lot of CPU cycles and memory (aka bloatware), which could be causing problems between R.C. & phone.
2018-12-5
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

You might also want to try a new cable.  Also, where are you plugging in the cable connecting to the phone?  On the top, left side or the lower, larger one where the control sticks can be stored.  Try the lower one if you are not using that.
2018-12-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

HedgeTrimmer has been banned???

Flysafely all
Alex
2018-12-6
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
United States

ff22 Posted at 12-5 21:47
You might also want to try a new cable.  Also, where are you plugging in the cable connecting to the phone?  On the top, left side or the lower, larger one where the control sticks can be stored.  Try the lower one if you are not using that.

At he time I was using the the connection on the top side, I will try the usb connection on the bottom. thanks for the input
2018-12-6
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
United States

swapped out cables and using the usb connection port from the controller and no more trouble as of today with 4 flights.
2018-12-6
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Turn on Debugging in your phone.
Then turn on debugging app in your phone and turn both WiFi and Bluetooth off.
This has helped in some cases. Phantom Help.
2018-12-6
Use props
LukeG
New
United Kingdom

I believe I'm also having a similar issue after so far (300 ft or so) I get image transmission lost, the drone disconnects and it auto RTH - I've noticed when it reconnects my gimble position has also been reset.

Im using an IphoneX connecting via wifi to the RC - I find though that unless the Drone is sat on top of me or atleast pretty close (30ft) my wifi signal is never full.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. Have you tried to use a different USB port on your remote controller which is located at the bottom part of your remote? Please ensure that the cable on the left side is fully disconnected when using the other port. You could switch your device to airplane mode to avoid interruption to the app. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the continued support.
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules