DJI Spark sure can take a beating
856 9 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

I had an idea the Spark is a tough little drone but I had no idea just how tough.

Check out the exploits of these two lads ...

Maybe DJI could use this video in on of their ads :-)

2018-12-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Did he wait for GPS lock?  Can’t tell from the vid
2018-12-6
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Wow! Tough little devil. I suspect his video quality will be reduced somewhat.  
2018-12-6
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Australia

Cookster670 Posted at 12-6 12:29

He doesn't look like the sort of person who would worry about such details. Nor compass/ICU calibrations.
2018-12-6
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Peru

Cookster670 Posted at 12-6 12:29

GPS lock or not.. why did it go nuts? without GPS Lock it should still respect the controls right?
2018-12-6
Use props
andwluv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167241 ft
Malaysia

If only there's a gimbals guard on, the camera may be intact
2018-12-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

FulanitoFlyer Posted at 12-6 16:57
GPS lock or not.. why did it go nuts? without GPS Lock it should still respect the controls right?

Yes.   But, if it got disconnected from controller (eg interference) with GPS lock, it will return home.   Without it, it won’t know what to do (or possibly fly home to the last gps lock position, which could be miles away.

I always wait until i get gps lock before launching, but wasn’t so sure this guy did.

I would agree thought it probably should’t fly straight into the ground.  Not even sure how you do that....the spark is pretty hard to get to descend quickly.
2018-12-6
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Australia

Looking at the video again I suspect possible shenanigans.

I can't see how something with as low mass as a DJI Spark could possibly create a divot like that in the ground no matter how fast it was travelling.
2018-12-6
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Chile

DroneDownunder Posted at 12-6 23:00
Looking at the video again I suspect possible shenanigans.

I can't see how something with as low mass as a DJI Spark could possibly create a divot like that in the ground no matter how fast it was travelling.

lol good point! Looks more like an artillery shell crater.. ok maybe not that big but bigger than a spark would do I'm sure.
2018-12-7
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Wonder how he would define "spasmoid."

Sylvester has never gone out of control, though a couple times I was rather disoriented and confused. The RTH button is useful then. Once switched to ATTI mode when I was pretty far off. I used the camera view to get it pointed back toward me and shoved the stick forward. In a few seconds it was back in GPS mode.
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules