4136 22 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
truonghao
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2425 ft
Vietnam

Hello everyone,
Today while flying, my drone loses control. It automatically flies to another location and can not be controlled by Remote. ThenI hit return home, it flew close to home, but then it automatically flew to another location and appeared "attitude is too large, no forward / backward obstacle sensing is unavailable". Then I flew for a while and hit return home again and it was flying home.

I do not know the cause of the error, Could it be because of the latest fw? Will my next flights be safe?
2018-12-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The "attitude is too large" message means the aircraft was tilted at an angle that was too steep for the sensors to be used. That often happens when flying in windy conditions.

If you need help figuring out why your Mavic automatically flew to another location, then upload your TXT flight log here and see if it explains what happened. After uploading your flight log, post a link back here if you'd like other people to review and comment on it.
2018-12-6
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I had already reported the same problem in another post without any response.
In my case, there is no difference of attitude (even regulating in the control to 0.10 and 20) for lateral flight (left or right) in P mode
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

msinger Posted at 12-6 04:34
The "attitude is too large" message means the aircraft was tilted at an angle that was too steep for the sensors to be used. That often happens when flying in windy conditions.

If you need help figuring out why your Mavic automatically flew to another location, then upload your TXT flight log here and see if it explains what happened. After uploading your flight log, post a link back here if you'd like other people to review and comment on it.

I think the wind was not too strong at that time. I can not upload on phantomhelp, i try with dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbsynj ... 7-34-49%5D.csv?dl=0
Please check, thank you
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

msinger Posted at 12-6 04:34

If you need help figuring out why your Mavic automatically flew to another location, then upload your TXT flight log here and see if it explains what happened. After uploading your flight log, post a link back here if you'd like other people to review and comment on it.

I think the wind was not too strong at that time. I can not upload on phantomhelp, i try with dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbsynj ... 7-34-49%5D.csv?dl=0
Please check, thank you
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

TZero Posted at 12-6 04:52
I had already reported the same problem in another post without any response.
In my case, there is no difference of attitude (even regulating in the control to 0.10 and 20) for lateral flight (left or right) in P mode

Do you think this error is due to the new FW?
2018-12-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

truonghao Posted at 12-6 05:06
I think the wind was not too strong at that time. I can not upload on phantomhelp, i try with dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbsynj0hbc3wy84/ExportCSV_2018-12-06_%5B17-34-49%5D.csv?dl=0
Please check, thank you

The data you uploaded is not a flight log. See the instructions for locating your DJI GO TXT flight log at the bottom of this page.
2018-12-6
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

truonghao Posted at 12-6 05:08
Do you think this error is due to the new FW?

I don´t know because I bought recently and update FW + SW (4.3.5 - 4.3.8)

Maybe the error is in the control's firmware (0200)
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

msinger Posted at 12-6 05:13
The data you uploaded is not a flight log. See the instructions for locating your DJI GO TXT flight log at the bottom of this page.

Thank you, i update new log: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/674W30CI2IYM2QX8NFL0/
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

TZero Posted at 12-6 05:16
I don´t know because I bought recently and update FW + SW (4.3.5 - 4.3.8)

Maybe the error is in the control's firmware (0200)

I have used the latest fw and receive the error
2018-12-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

There was some wind during your flight:

After you enabled RTH, your Mavic started returning home. At about half way there, you moved the right stick to the full down position causing your Mavic to start flying away from the home point. It looks like it followed your commands exactly.
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

msinger Posted at 12-6 05:40
There was some wind during your flight:

[view_image]

At that time I dropped the joystick and observed that the drone automatically flight backward.
2018-12-6
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

my drone get crashed with the . same scenario after 17s only from take off
2018-12-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

truonghao Posted at 12-6 05:50
At that time I dropped the joystick and observed that the drone automatically flight backward.

The drone wasn't automatically flying backwards. You commanded it to fly backwards by dropping the joystick.
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

msinger Posted at 12-6 06:17
The drone wasn't automatically flying backwards. You commanded it to fly backwards by dropping the joystick.

Maybe the signal was delayed because I dropped the joystick but it was still flying backwards
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

bikoo Posted at 12-6 06:05
my drone get crashed with the . same scenario after 17s only from take off

Where do you fly? And what is your fw version?
2018-12-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

truonghao Posted at 12-6 06:20
Maybe the signal was delayed because I dropped the joystick but it was still flying backwards

If you drag the green dot on the slider below map here, you can see the position of the drone as it moves through the flight path. The position of the remote controller sticks is displayed on the right side of the map.

What's the exact time in the log where you see your drone flying backwards on its own?
2018-12-6
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

msinger Posted at 12-6 07:11
If you drag the green dot on the slider below map here, you can see the position of the drone as it moves through the flight path. The position of the remote controller sticks is displayed on the right side of the map.

What's the exact time in the log where you see your drone flying backwards on its own?

That was the problem, I thought that at the time it was flying backwards I did not pull the joystick but in the log I was pulling the joystick. During 3m 40.3s I found that drone had problems but I thought before that I had to drop the joystick
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of the issue? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Right stick up = forward flight

Right stick down = backwards flight     I truly thought it strange that your were flying backward half of that flight......

Left stick up = increase altitude

Left stick down = reduce altitude

You seem confused as to the proper controls of your aircraft.  

Randy
2018-12-11
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

truonghao Posted at 12-6 06:22
Where do you fly? And what is your fw version?

was between two buildings, FW is latest one (200)

after i contact DJI support ,  they will fix it under warranty.

my drone was flew all the way right without touching the control !!
2018-12-15
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Fully agree with msinger, mayby thios charts helps to understand what happend.

at ID180 you did a RTH, craft zero speed and turned heading home, after that nose down and started to fly home.Then you gave pitch up, (right stick aft in mode 2), see what happend, speed to zero and up again flying backwards.
(see the moving line bottom chart).

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2018-12-15
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Vietnam

JJBspark Posted at 12-15 12:18
Hiya,

Fully agree with msinger, mayby thios charts helps to understand what happend.

Thank you!
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules