DJI GSP incorrect overlap after update
1231 2 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

We recently received an update to the DJI GSP app and it seems like the overlap settings are simply wrong in flight for our Inspire 1. As an example, we set 80% front overlap and 30% side and end up with ~50-70% front overlap and 0-5% side. This requires us to set approximated higher settings without any real certainty of what data we'll be getting.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't expect DJI support to do much, because well... you know.

This does appear to be happening on both RGB and Thermal cameras but it's more exaggerated with the Zenmuse XT v2
2018-12-6
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

I narrowed this down a few days ago to DJI GS Pro not instructing the Inspire 1 to fly at the speed set in the app. After hours of frustration I informed DJI and the recent change log states it has been fixed.

I'll report back to confirm if it is actually fixed next time I'm out in the field.
2019-1-10
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

Confirming the recent update did fix the error where the Inspire 1 would not fly the speed set in the GS Pro.

GS Pro still has issues with overlap mostly because of variations in terrain, but that's mostly due to outdated elevation models imo.
edit: whoever downvoted my posts must have some alterior motive.
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules