2594 21 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

In this video I discuss the Mavic Air and it's ability to shoot at  multiple frame rates.  This includes having the ability to shoot at 120  frames per second (FPS) at FULL HD (1920 x 1080p).  I also discuss an  issue with the Mavic Air DIVE Bombing when in ActiveTrack and using an  older firmware version (.0400).  Yes, as many of you know there is a newer firmware version (.0500) out there.  Curious who's upgraded and who's still running older firmware versions?  

2018-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting video!
2018-12-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LOL...yeah....something a little different until I can film some really nice content outside the USA.  Heading out of the country in a few more weeks and bringing my Mavic Air...very excited!  
2018-12-6
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Very informative.

Just a question.  When it dive bombs does it actually go into the ground or does it just "dip"?
2018-12-6
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Another great informative video, well narrated. Enjoy your holiday and I shall look forward to seeing the footage when you get back.
2018-12-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 12-6 08:06
Very informative.

Just a question.  When it dive bombs does it actually go into the ground or does it just "dip"?

Good question.  It actually passed me by (as I dodged it), at which point it lost visability of me in ActiveTrack.  At that point,  it flew a few more feet past me and just stopped and hovered trying to find me again.   So, on the plus side (and in my instance) it never actually crashed into the ground.  

Though, looking at some other videos I had seen on YouTube it appears there have been instances where it either struct the object or appeared to have crashed into the ground.  I guess it depends how fast it's coming in....again, good question.  
2018-12-6
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
India

Very informative. Thanks for sharing
2018-12-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very well presented vid - good work!
2018-12-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 12-6 10:33
Very well presented vid - good work!

Thank you very much!  Always enjoy hearing positive feedback & support.  
2018-12-6
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-6 10:11
Good question.  It actually passed me by (as I dodged it), at which point it lost visability of me in ActiveTrack.  At that point,  it flew a few more feet past me and just stopped and hovered trying to find me again.   So, on the plus side (and in my instance) it never actually crashed into the ground.  

Though, looking at some other videos I had seen on YouTube it appears there have been instances where it either struct the object or appeared to have crashed into the ground.  I guess it depends how fast it's coming in....again, good question.

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed reply.  Obviously I have a Mavic Air and will be most concerned about that as I`m actually planning on using it in Active Track Mode when providing Advanced Motorcycle Rider Training to give the "students" a view of themselves riding.
2018-12-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 12-6 11:29
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed reply.  Obviously I have a Mavic Air and will be most concerned about that as I`m actually planning on using it in Active Track Mode when providing Advanced Motorcycle Rider Training to give the "students" a view of themselves riding.

Yep, understood.  Certainly something to be aware of.  Good luck with the 'rider training'...be safe.
2018-12-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-6 11:14
Thank you very much!  Always enjoy hearing positive feedback & support.

My pleasure - keep it up.
2018-12-6
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-6 11:53
Yep, understood.  Certainly something to be aware of.  Good luck with the 'rider training'...be safe.

Will do thank you and that is the main reason why I bought the MA.

All of the best to you too.
2018-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-6 07:12
LOL...yeah....something a little different until I can film some really nice content outside the USA.  Heading out of the country in a few more weeks and bringing my Mavic Air...very excited!

Nice.
Where are you going!
2018-12-7
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Hey mate,

Great video. That contraption you are riding looks great, but I am sure I am not co-ordinated enough to fly and balance !!

Sadly I upgraded to vers 5 having had none of the reported issues with 4... Once I upgraded I had all sorts of issues, beeping controller, auto rotation going up or down... But now my controller won't charge so I am down for a while to come I suspect....
2018-12-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-7 00:02
Nice.
Where are you going!

Going to hit 5 islands in the Caribbean over next few weeks.  Already checked out the drone laws and I'm all set to go.  
2018-12-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Atlas_Aus Posted at 12-7 05:18
Hey mate,

Great video. That contraption you are riding looks great, but I am sure I am not co-ordinated enough to fly and balance !!

Uggh!  Sorry to hear that.  Frustrating, not knowing when these fixes will finally get resolved.  Takes months which is why I'm always hesitant to upgrade.   
2018-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-7 06:07
Going to hit 5 islands in the Caribbean over next few weeks.  Already checked out the drone laws and I'm all set to go.

Wow.
Looking forward to seeing some Caribbean footage
2018-12-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-7 12:51
Wow.
Looking forward to seeing some Caribbean footage

Thanks...I'm looking forward to capturing every minute of it.  
2018-12-8
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Enjoyed your video a lot. Thank you!
2018-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-8 18:16
Thanks...I'm looking forward to capturing every minute of it.

I can imagine.
2018-12-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

4WDaus Posted at 12-8 21:45
Enjoyed your video a lot. Thank you!

I appreciate that.  Thanks for taking the time to comment.
2018-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules