7707 41 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't seen this suggested yet.... There's been some comment and whining about having to use a phone/table to activate the Pocket.  
DJI... is there a chance you could create an online activation and registration process?  Maybe a "desktop app" or some way via "Assistant"?  It would also be nice to have a desktop app that we could use to create various and multiple pre-sets that would be selectable when going on a photo adventure.  There wouldn't be a need to carry a phone, or connect just to initiate the pre-sets.

I realize that's two different requests/suggestions, but they are related.

I'd be interested if other customers would like to see something along these lines.

2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your idea WebParrot. We will help you to forward this suggestion to our team to see what we can do to make it possible in the future, however, I'm afraid that I can't give assurance about this process. Thank you for understanding and support.
2018-12-6
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-6 13:03
Hi, thanks for sharing your idea WebParrot. We will help you to forward this suggestion to our team to see what we can do to make it possible in the future, however, I'm afraid that I can't give assurance about this process. Thank you for understanding and support.

I don't have a newer phone with USB-C, nor do I have an iPhone with that type of connector.  I only have an Android with a micro-USB connector.  So how do I activate and register the Osmo Pocket?
2018-12-8
Use props
Spazz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86588 ft
United States

HUYZER Posted at 12-8 15:29
I don't have a newer phone with USB-C, nor do I have an iPhone with that type of connector.  I only have an Android with a micro-USB connector.  So how do I activate and register the Osmo Pocket?

Get an adapter that converts the USB-C to older USB connection...  they are on Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/Syntech-A ... usbc+to+usb+adapter
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HUYZER Posted at 12-8 15:29
I don't have a newer phone with USB-C, nor do I have an iPhone with that type of connector.  I only have an Android with a micro-USB connector.  So how do I activate and register the Osmo Pocket?

Hello there, Osmo Pocket cannot be activated through a Micro-USB cable, the Wireless Module, or other methods, it can only be activated via the Lightning or USB-C, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-12-9
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for the suggestion.  DJI hasn't confirmed if that will work.  Also, you linked a USB to USB-C adapter.   Either way, I would need this, not the one you referenced:

USB C to Micro USB adapter
2018-12-10
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HUYZER Posted at 12-10 08:30
Thank you for the suggestion.  DJI hasn't confirmed if that will work.  Also, you linked a USB to USB-C adapter.   Either way, I would need this, not the one you referenced:

USB C to Micro USB adapter

Even then, wouldn't the pocket stick out from the handset way too far??
If its just for activation that seems do-able, but not for general usage.
2018-12-10
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 12-10 08:50

Yes, I would agree.  My concern would be for activation.  But then again, after activation, I would like to use the phone screen, too, I'm sure.  Haha.  Oh boy, what a dilemma.
2018-12-10
Use props
Troc Loc
lvl.1

Vietnam

HUYZER Posted at 12-10 19:58
Yes, I would agree.  My concern would be for activation.  But then again, after activation, I would like to use the phone screen, too, I'm sure.  Haha.  Oh boy, what a dilemma.

buy this
2018-12-11
Use props
willyw
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 12-6 13:03

I find it ridiculous that a standalone device like a video camera needs to be activated. Does it run Windows XP or what? Even more ridiculous: this can only be done from a very limited number of (most Chinese) smartphone models. And in violation of consumer protection laws in many countries: web shops nor the dji website tell you about this limitation. And neither do they tell you that you will have to create an account on dji.com and agree with a terrible privacy statement to get the camera working. This is simply scandalous.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

willyw Posted at 12-11 02:55
I find it ridiculous that a standalone device like a video camera needs to be activated. Does it run Windows XP or what? Even more ridiculous: this can only be done from a very limited number of (most Chinese) smartphone models. And in violation of consumer protection laws in many countries: web shops nor the dji website tell you about this limitation. And neither do they tell you that you will have to create an account on dji.com and agree with a terrible privacy statement to get the camera working. This is simply scandalous.

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback about our DJI Products. The Osmo Pocket needs to be activated first, for you to maximize the usage of our Osmo Pocket. We have an FAQ for the Osmo Pocket as well on our website which we've stated that you have to have an account for you to use the DJI Osmo Pocket because you'll need an application. You haven't visited and read about our Osmo Pocket, you can visit the link below. Please refer to the image as well. Thank you for support.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket/info#faq

2018-12-11
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

willyw Posted at 12-11 02:55
I find it ridiculous that a standalone device like a video camera needs to be activated. Does it run Windows XP or what? Even more ridiculous: this can only be done from a very limited number of (most Chinese) smartphone models. And in violation of consumer protection laws in many countries: web shops nor the dji website tell you about this limitation. And neither do they tell you that you will have to create an account on dji.com and agree with a terrible privacy statement to get the camera working. This is simply scandalous.

Yes, I agree!
2018-12-11
Use props
fanse7d18694
New
United States

HUYZER Posted at 12-11 14:24
Yes, I agree!

I agree! I will be returning my device tomorrow!
2018-12-12
Use props
fanse7d18694
New
United States

Seems like a great device, however, it is plain STUPID that it can only be activated with USB-C devices. I just picked up the device and will be returning it tomorrow!
2018-12-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fanse7d18694 Posted at 12-12 17:26
Seems like a great device, however, it is plain STUPID that it can only be activated with USB-C devices. I just picked up the device and will be returning it tomorrow!

I respect your opinion.
Just curious... what device do you use to fly you Phantom and Pro?  Perhaps you could use one of those devices to activate?
BTW, it's not just USB-C.... Thunderbolt 3 and/or Lightening will work as well.
2018-12-12
Use props
Daniel Yung
New

Hong Kong

Cannot activate! This is my first timeto buy ur product, n felt vy badly
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo
New

United States

Just drove 3 hours to pick mine up today got home and it would not activate. Called customer service and they said it was because I had an s9 and it's not compatible so I drove back to Best Buy and had five different people try it with five different iPhones none of which would activate. After waiting on this device for over a month highly disappointed would not recommend to anybody
2018-12-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo Posted at 12-14 15:34
Just drove 3 hours to pick mine up today got home and it would not activate. Called customer service and they said it was because I had an s9 and it's not compatible so I drove back to Best Buy and had five different people try it with five different iPhones none of which would activate. After waiting on this device for over a month highly disappointed would not recommend to anybody

This isn't a thread to report a problem to DJI.  Please read original Post.  This is a suggestion to DJI for a work around.  You should be contacting DJI Support either through email or the online CHAT.
2018-12-15
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daniel Yung Posted at 12-13 07:55
Cannot activate! This is my first timeto buy ur product, n felt vy badly

This isn't a thread to report a problem to DJI.  Please read original Post.  This is a suggestion to DJI for a work around.  You should be contacting DJI Support either through email or the online CHAT.
2018-12-15
Use props
videonoob
New

Netherlands

I landed here to find a solution for the really bad communicated fact, that this is NOT a stand alone device and you can't activate it without the newest phones.
Feel very bad now.. gone Christmas present.. I send it back immediate
2018-12-21
Use props
videonoob
New

Netherlands

or maybe I can activate it with someone elses phone ?    
2018-12-21
Use props
videonoob
New

Netherlands

I can't find a way to edit my previous posts.. sorry

Never mind.. after reading a bit more about other problems besides the basic (and my)  'activation without a certain phone impossible'  I decided to send it back tomorrow
Love the product from all the video's I've seen and for sure buy one in the future again.
2018-12-21
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

videonoob Posted at 12-21 08:05
I landed here to find a solution for the really bad communicated fact, that this is NOT a stand alone device and you can't activate it without the newest phones.
Feel very bad now.. gone Christmas present.. I send it back immediate

No worries.... As you spend more time here you'll find that the "search" feature leaves something to be desired :-)  Sure wish you'd try the Chat Support though...you may find some satisfaction.  Plus I've found that many firmware updates follow new products, including feature enhancements along with the bug fixes.
2018-12-21
Use props
RWinston
lvl.1

United States

Guess we'll add ourselves to the list of surprised customers who discovered after receipt of their camera that the camera is not a stand-alone device but requires use of a special phone and software to activate it.  We just finished a discussion with "On-line Support" that confirmed we cannot activate this camera using our Windows 10 computer (although it has a USB-C port) nor with either of our Motorola or Samsung smartphones.  Wish B&H - - in their unsolicited promotional e-mail - - had made it clear that special equipment is required to use this device.  Would have saved disappointment and having to return the product.  Not sure what DJI's 'game' is . . . but none of our other (still or video) cameras has required anything but batteries and memory card to use.  Why would DJI set up an activation hurdle that it must know many potential users can not get over
2018-12-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

IftiBashir Posted at 12-10 08:50

There are several aftermarket Osmo Pocket with integral phone holders on sale that should do the job of securing both. I've one on order but not expecting it until mid-January. Hopefully, I can then use one hand to hold onto both leaving my other hand free for the phone screen. Whether I am using two inline adaptors or one, I would feel safer doing it that way than trying to hold onto a phone with one hand and the Pocket with the other as suggested by DJI.
2018-12-22
Use props
ThonnyEv
New

Spain

One of the most scandalous cases of consumer deception I've ever seen in my entire life. An unprecedented shame, forcing the purchase of one product to use another.
I am not required by law to read hidden information, FAQs, and other craps. The supplier is FORCED by law to post ALL the important information about a product. And that is a VERY important information.
I will not return the device. I'm just going to leave this crap at home, stored in a drawer, until DJI has the decency to provide a comprehensive method of product activation.
And, of course, I'll post on every possible forum, to everyone do not buy this product, unless they have the device of the "invisible friend" of DJI.
I use Sony smartphone. I've always used it. And I will not change my device.
Shame! Shame! Shame!
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I use a Sony mobile in mine works flawlessly with the osmo from day one, activated without any issues as well . So before you go spreading your rubbish message across all those forums have a try recommended methods.
I also suggest you read the literature of a product before you go buy it to put in a drawer until you work out how to activate property.
2019-3-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ThonnyEv Posted at 3-9 09:15
One of the most scandalous cases of consumer deception I've ever seen in my entire life. An unprecedented shame, forcing the purchase of one product to use another.
I am not required by law to read hidden information, FAQs, and other craps. The supplier is FORCED by law to post ALL the important information about a product. And that is a VERY important information.
I will not return the device. I'm just going to leave this crap at home, stored in a drawer, until DJI has the decency to provide a comprehensive method of product activation.

You seem well informed.  Would you share some resource information with the forum members?  For example, what law FORCES a supplier to post ALL important information about a product.
2019-3-10
Use props
djiuser_UgAo64CKWEgv
lvl.1

Italy

May i try to activate my DJI Osmo Pocket with a Phone of a friend of mine? Or it could cause problems?
Thank you for your reply.
2019-7-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UgAo64CKWEgv Posted at 7-17 01:45
May i try to activate my DJI Osmo Pocket with a Phone of a friend of mine? Or it could cause problems?
Thank you for your reply.

You have hijacked an old posting and will unlikely get a reply.  
To get such an answer you should either create your own post or contact [ Support ] by clicking on the support tab at the bottom of this thread.  Chose the "Chat" session and within a few minutes you'll have an answer.
2019-7-23
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-6 13:03

Any update on this?  
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 7-23 04:19
Any update on this?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, we have not received any feedback if this would be implemented in the future. This has already been forwarded to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-7-24
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-24 10:03
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, we have not received any feedback if this would be implemented in the future. This has already been forwarded to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. We do appreciate your understanding.

Got it.... Thanks for the reply.
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 7-25 05:36
Got it.... Thanks for the reply.

You're most welcome. We highly appreciated your understanding,
2019-7-25
Use props
Robert Higgins
lvl.1

willyw Posted at 2018-12-11 02:55

Very frustrating to deal with dji.  I've had to deal with them also.  They got you by the nuts.
2019-9-18
Use props
Robert Higgins
lvl.1

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 3-9 10:35
I use a Sony mobile in mine works flawlessly with the osmo from day one, activated without any issues as well . So before you go spreading your rubbish message across all those forums have a try recommended methods.
I also suggest you read the literature of a product before you go buy it to put in a drawer until you work out how to activate property.

Why do you have to activate Osmo.  I tried on my lg g6, my Huawei phones, on my iPad on my firetablet.  None of them worked. Now you tell me I have to buy another phone to activate the Osmo.  Why don't you just have no activation at all? None of the ads or reviews mention anything about having to buy a phone to use the Osmo.  All they say is it works with ios and android.  This is the only product I have ever had to activate.  What a nightmare.  Fix it please. . .
2019-9-18
Use props
Emanuel Carpus
New

Romania

So.. I just bought an osmo pocket camera.. The thing is i have a concert in couple of days..and now i read on internet that i need somekind of damn cable that is not included.. I check with my phone also and i see no usb c slot.. I have an sony xperia ultra xa.. So ffs whats happening with this product.. Its a joke or what?? So basically i need to buy a new phone with usb c or what.. What kind of joke company and product they re making this kind of products.. Hope not from somalia or smthg
2019-12-23
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hallo,
I don't understand all the hassle about the adapter.
There are third party adapters that fit into the OSMO pocket and connect to a phone with micro USB.
I ordered one from Aliexpress and it works perfectly.
You only have to check very well which of the two connectors you order as the microUSB can not be used both sides up - contrary to the USB-C. For my Oneplus One I need the "reverse" one.
I don't know if this also works for the activation (I did that with another phone) but the MINO-app works very well and you don't need any adapters inbetween.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992459413.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dTxNy68 this is one of the places you can order it. If you search a bit, there are more.
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_TJFyyLZ77dUX
New

Ireland

I bought an osmo pocket for it's very stand alone gimbalness. It takes away the awkwardness of holding a phone while filming.
Now I discover it wont work until I activate using an app!!!i presume that's why Sd card wont go in.
The appeal of the Osmo is the "NO PHONE " ,Its like using a real CAMERA.
Instead it is just a camera attached to a phone connected to a chinese info server.
Very disappointed this was not explained. Even the picture on the box has no phone.
My main problem is I use a Samsung S7 and the adapters provided don't fit,  I also wanted to edit etc on my dell inspiron laptop.
Is this possible?
This is my first time posting on any forum,  that is how annoyed I am.
Please advise
2019-12-29
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

djiuser_TJFyyLZ77dUX Posted at 12-29 09:08
I bought an osmo pocket for it's very stand alone gimbalness. It takes away the awkwardness of holding a phone while filming.
Now I discover it wont work until I activate using an app!!!i presume that's why Sd card wont go in.
The appeal of the Osmo is the "NO PHONE " ,Its like using a real CAMERA.

Hi,
Don't worry, you can use the OSMO pocket just on its own.
But you are right, you have to activate it first. The easiest way is to find a friend with an IPhone or an Android phone with the USB-C connector. Then connect your phone with one of the two adapters you got with the OSMO pocket. Then everything works and you can use the camera as you had thought.
If your mobile phone still has an micro-USB port you might consider getting one of these 3rd-party connectors I mentioned in the earlier post. It only costs some US$ 5 and solves your problem.
You don't have to use the OSMO pocket with the phone connected while filming, but connecting offers you a lot of other possibilities included installing the updates, for simple editing and other things.
2019-12-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules