Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi everyone,

I am new to Mavic 2  and I have been flying it to get used to it way way different from the Spark), but I noticed a sensor warning today as I was flying during the day above a lake. Nearly 100 meters high and around 250 meters distance. It was the rear sensor showing that like there was something behind it, but there was nothing at all, no birds nor trees. It was sunny, and I was not sure if the sun would cause this? Everything is updated to the current firmware.  

Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you

2018-12-6
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

I also experienced this once, there was no bird in the sky.
2018-12-6
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Could be the sunlight.
2018-12-6
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I actually turn off sensors in flight. Also when its windy and turning off the sensors , the aircraft flies faster as if not turned off it can sometimes not handle the wind.
2018-12-6
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Could be the sunlight, have you tried different directions to see if it is the same?
2018-12-7
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

I've experienced some false-positives on the rear sensors too, nothing around it, sun was pretty low on the sky...
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello Hani. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, can you please try to fly your drone in a different location with low sunlight so we can check? If the issue persists, please let us know for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-7
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fre Mo Posted at 12-6 23:04
I also experienced this once, there was no bird in the sky.

Did you do sensors calibration? Mine won’t do the calibration so I wonder whether these two issues re related
2018-12-7
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 12-6 23:08
Could be the sunlight.

If that's the case, then is a concern for me as it will affect the performance and stability of the Mavic
2018-12-7
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 12-6 23:09
I actually turn off sensors in flight. Also when its windy and turning off the sensors , the aircraft flies faster as if not turned off it can sometimes not handle the wind.

I turn them off when I fly at night.
2018-12-7
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Estelle Lau Posted at 12-7 10:46
Could be the sunlight, have you tried different directions to see if it is the same?

yes, I tried yesterday flying into the sun, I got the sensor warning for a second or two and then it went away. I was 104 meters high and not above the lake so I am not sure what's going on. I tried to calibrate the sensors and I get to the calculation stage with 0% and it won't progress.
2018-12-7
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-7 11:33
Hello Hani. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, can you please try to fly your drone in a different location with low sunlight so we can check? If the issue persists, please let us know for further help. Thank you.

Thank you, Natalia.

Well, it's Florida, either sunny or rainy but I will try another day and see if I can get some update on this. The issue I am having now is that I could not finish the calibration of the sensors, so I think there is something wrong with the sensors. Firmware is current and refreshed and 4 calibrations with no success.

2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hani Posted at 12-7 22:42
Thank you, Natalia.

Well, it's Florida, either sunny or rainy  but I will try another day and see if I can get some update on this. The issue I am having now is that I could not finish the calibration of the sensors, so I think there is something wrong with the sensors. Firmware is current and refreshed and 4 calibrations with no success.

Hi. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2? Also, can you please set your computer resolution to default and please make sure you have a 14" monitor or more to calibrate your vision system. Thank you.
2018-12-8
Use props
Tony Pope
lvl.1

United States

Flying mine today and it’s at 400ft and sky’s  overcast.  It is ramdomly stoping in mid flight and is displaying an obstacle warning. Nothing  is close to it. I have it on video.
2018-12-8
Use props
Tony Pope
lvl.1

United States

Flying mine today and it’s at 400ft and sky’s  overcast.  It is ramdomly stoping in mid flight and is displaying an obstacle warning. Nothing  is close to it. I have it on video.
2018-12-8
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-8 09:10
Hi. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2? Also, can you please set your computer resolution to default and please make sure you have a 14" monitor or more to calibrate your vision system. Thank you.

I tried it several times on both iMac 21” and MacBook Pro with no success. I even downgraded the firmware and did the calibration and i get to the same screen with 0%. I’m gonna send it back.
2018-12-8
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tony Pope Posted at 12-8 10:45

Yep, that’s exactly what happened to mine as well. Since I got mine less than a week, I’m gonna send it back. I don’t wanna crash it because of this error, althogh I really like the drone and its camera capabilities.
2018-12-8
Use props
Tony Pope
lvl.1

United States

Hani Posted at 12-8 11:03
Yep, that’s exactly what happened to mine as well. Since I got mine less than a week, I’m gonna send it back. I don’t wanna crash it because of this error, althogh I really like the drone and its camera capabilities.

Mine was not doing this until lasted software upgrade. Anyone have any suggestions?
2018-12-8
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tony Pope Posted at 12-8 11:22
Mine was not doing this until lasted software upgrade. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you calibrated the sensors? Any success with it?
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hani Posted at 12-8 10:45
I tried it several times on both iMac 21” and MacBook Pro with no success. I even downgraded the firmware and did the calibration and i get to the same screen with 0%. I’m gonna send it back.

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Would it be possible if you can try to use Windows PC so we can check? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-8
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-8 11:25
Hi, thanks for the quick response. Would it be possible if you can try to use Windows PC so we can check? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

I don’t have a windows computer. I’d rather send it back, if you could please help me with the process. I sent an email two times to the Dji support but I have not gotten a reply yet.
2018-12-8
Use props
Tony Pope
lvl.1

United States

Hani Posted at 12-8 11:24
Have you calibrated the sensors? Any success with it?

Have not, should I?
2018-12-8
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tony Pope Posted at 12-8 11:28
Have not, should I?

I’m not sure. I was trying to do it but it won’t calibrate, it gets stuck on 0%
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hani Posted at 12-8 11:28
I don’t have a windows computer. I’d rather send it back, if you could please help me with the process. I sent an email two times to the Dji support but I have not gotten a reply yet.

Hi Hani. You may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. You can also contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789  Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-12-8
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hani Posted at 12-8 11:29
I’m not sure. I was trying to do it but it won’t calibrate, it gets stuck on 0%
Strange i callibrated the sensors just last week , as the app asked me to.( never ever had to fo this with my mavic pro 1), but according to dji with the mavic 2 pro the app will indicate after approx 100-125 take offs/ landings( that really sucks as i am
Not carrying a laptop eachtime i go out in the field). Anyway sensor callibration worked  finally after , i believe bottom and sidesensors failed a few times. I eventually took of the props and it finished thank god for that. But you really have to keep the mp2 steady , keep it with 2 hands in one place and only tilt and follow the blue spot. Its very sensative , one small movement and callibration fails. As i said before i hardly fly with sensors on.  Only when i fly really low with obstacles close by
2018-12-8
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 12-8 11:40
Strange i callibrated the sensors just last week , as the app asked me to.( never ever had to fo this with my mavic pro 1), but according to dji with the mavic 2 pro the app will indicate after approx 100-125 take offs/ landings( that really sucks as i am
Not carrying a laptop eachtime i go out in the field). Anyway sensor callibration worked  finally after , i believe bottom and sidesensors failed a few times. I eventually took of the props and it finished thank god for that. But you really have to keep the mp2 steady , keep it with 2 hands in one place and only tilt and follow the blue spot. Its very sensative , one small movement and callibration fails. As i said before i hardly fly with sensors on.  Only when i fly really low with obstacles close by

I get no errors when calibrating, however when the calibration finishes (after the confirmation message that the calibration finished) it starts the calculation process and here comes the problem. It stays at 0% forever. (I waited 10-15 minutes after each try).
2018-12-8
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Have you tried as dji mentionned in this post to uninstall assistent and reinstall again?
2018-12-8
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-8 11:37
Hi Hani. You may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. You can also contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789  Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you Natalia!
2018-12-8
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 12-8 12:09
Have you tried as dji mentionned in this post to uninstall assistent and reinstall again?

No I have not, but will do and see
2018-12-8
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

There is a specific Assistant for M2P. Not the same as for the first MP.
2018-12-9
Use props
tylerjhill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34014006 ft
United States

Have experienced similar warnings as well..
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hani Posted at 12-8 22:28
Thank you Natalia!

You're most welcome, Hani. Please don't hesitate to reach us back. Have a great day.
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules