Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Laowa 7.5mm users ??? Need help
1684 5 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

I just received a laowa 7.5mm f/2 Lens. The light weight version. Weather is horrible out of course, but I’ve tried it inside.

It hooks up ok and I can adjust exposure via dji app with asa/shutter speed. Focus and aperture is manual on lens.

Dji go app says it doesn’t recognize the lens.

Lens when mounted is also sideways (like holding camera in portrait mode). Not a big deal.

However, the lens hood is also sideways.  !!! And that IS a big deal. It will produce cutoff on sides.

I’ve never read anything about this before. Even watched a video of a guy using it this way(at least on the ground it was mounted that way) he was happy and his video was good with no vidgnations sp?

So I’m open for suggestions. Is this just an old version or what is everyone else doing?

I’m all ears.

Thanks
2018-12-7
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
United States

Well, I got the lens hood mounted in the correct orientation and got in a couple of tests flights today. Anything but ideal lighting but we made do, kinda. Still need to tweak where peak infinity is.

Here’s shot after a little snow dusting last night. F/2.8  
2018-12-8
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Hmm, never had a mount or hood issue. Just hot swap and go for my shoots. Yes, it gives the does not recognize lens, because it wont, ignore and fly.
2018-12-12
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
United States

ambassador1 Posted at 12-12 11:38
Hmm, never had a mount or hood issue. Just hot swap and go for my shoots. Yes, it gives the does not recognize lens, because it wont, ignore and fly.

Thanks for the shout.

Yes, I have it working, but Lens mounts sideways.

When I hold lens up to camera and align Red dots on both, the lens and hood is oriented correct (upright). Then as I turn lens and lock it on it is on side.

I’m working around it with the hood and of course it doesn’t effect the operation of manual lens.

Again. Thanks for your response.
2018-12-12
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

It mounts 'sideways' on the X5, and normal on the X5S, just the way it  goes on, doesn't cause any problem with the image. Just fly it without the hood attached. I use it that way on my Osmo Pro with the X5 and likewise with the X5S on an I2.

Lens isn't recognised on either camera, but works ok... has a few quirks with DJI Go and settings/exposure, but video and stills come out fine.
2018-12-13
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
United States

Electro-Nick Posted at 12-13 14:36
It mounts 'sideways' on the X5, and normal on the X5S, just the way it  goes on, doesn't cause any problem with the image. Just fly it without the hood attached. I use it that way on my Osmo Pro with the X5 and likewise with the X5S on an I2.

Lens isn't recognised on either camera, but works ok... has a few quirks with DJI Go and settings/exposure, but video and stills come out fine.

Thanks E-Nick, yeah I’ll need to if I use polarizer because of weight. But then extra wide lens and polarizers have their on version of phun.

WX hasn’t been good lately, but what little I’ve tested it, I think I’ll find a place for it.

Wind hit last night after midnight from north Hard ! 50 gusting to 70 mph. Downright dangerous out all day with tumbleweeds sailing by like meteorite.
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules