Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ronin s shakes
1500 9 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nelson Correia
lvl.1
Portugal

Good night,
I hope someone can help me,
I'm new to the Ronin s, and today was the first time operating with it. I'm using it with a Canon 70d and with a 50mm lens. But I can't get a smooth shot like I've seen everywhere.

I've calibrated the Ronin s and the app indicates that everything's fine, but it can be noticed the shaky footage.

Here is a sample:

Thank you
2018-12-7
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a fairly long lens once you account for the crop factor, so that affects the perceptible shake. Also, looks like you need to fine tune your SmoothTrack settings, but that won't help the microshakes.
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Nelson, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, please follow the following steps to make a troubleshooting first:
1. Please make sure all the knobs have been tightened.
2. Did you mount the camera mounting plate and the lens support?
3. Please make the Auto Tune after you balance the axes in the APP.
4. Please tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of all the motor is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device will need to be balanced again.
2018-12-7
Use props
Nelson Correia
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-7 23:02
Hi Nelson, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, please follow the following steps to make a troubleshooting first:
1. Please make sure all the knobs have been tightened.
2. Did you mount the camera mounting plate and the lens support?

Thanks for the fast reply,
I've done all the things you mentioned, and I'm still with the same problem. I've got the motor range, with the tilt, on 2 after the auto tune, facing the front I've got 0. I've changed the lens and the annoying shake remains. What I'm doing wrong?

Once again, thanks.
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nelson Correia Posted at 12-8 01:59
Thanks for the fast reply,
I've done all the things you mentioned, and I'm still with the same problem. I've got the motor range, with the tilt, on 2 after the auto tune, facing the front I've got 0. I've changed the lens and the annoying shake remains. What I'm doing wrong?

Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well, thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
Nelson Correia
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-10 03:08
Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well, thank you.

Thanks again for the reply.
Here's the screenshot.

Thanks
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Show us a photo of your camera balanced from a couple of angles. With your 70D and it's crop factor, you're essentially shooting with an 80mm lens when using the 50mm. If you're new to this and if there's an axis that's off balance, everything will be much more pronounced at this focal length. A wider angle lens will be much more forgiving.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nelson Correia Posted at 12-10 08:40
Thanks again for the reply.
Here's the screenshot.

Thanks for the screenshot, the post in 7# is from our engineers, please refer to it, thank you.
2018-12-12
Use props
aryaf
lvl.1
United States

jhgjhgjjhgjhgjhgjhgjgjghjhgjhgj
2018-12-13
Use props
aryaf
lvl.1
United States

when I want to use flash light effect (360 degree) , Considering the correct setting ( yaw / roll /pitch = excellent), Gimbal starts shaking and making noises. It also gets confused out of sudden.
what can I do ?
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules