2566 51 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suffice to say, Miche and I have had an epic year with our DJI drones visiting areas throughout Ireland we'd otherwise never have visited. We've filmed some of the most scenic parts of Ireland in at times challenging conditions, sudden unexpected increases in wind speed, impending rain showers to name a few. Our drones have behaved themselves impecabley bar a single insident with the Inspire that required a repair undertaken in Holland by DJI (Exceptional service) The flying and filming I have enjoyed tremendiously, however the editing didn't sit comfortabley with me, lack of patience mostly lol. So with bad weather here (It's winter) Miche has taken it upon herself to teach me editing and FCPX. Now I know PhotoShop, I know photoshop backwards but this is like teaching an old dog new tricks when it comes to FCPX, yet I hope I'm learning something from my patient teacher. The following is my version of a trip around Ireland, the parts I really enjoyed and are now for me lasting memories, I hope you enjoy my memories.  (Ensure you watch it in 1080HD)

Mavic Pro
Mavic Air
Inspire 1 Pro

2018-12-7
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Great video John. I just watched it on YT.
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nice footage. Thank you for sharing your video with us. Have a safe flight always.
2018-12-7
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

John,
Fantastic video. I was memorized by it.

Your flying skills are superb. Of course having Miche as a teacher for the editing can't be beat.
Who chose the music? It was a perfect fit for the video.
2018-12-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another epic video. great job, you two make an awesome team.
2018-12-7
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Very beautiful. Would love to visit one day. I am constantly amazed how the 'old' countries still have so much empty space
2018-12-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done John
2018-12-8
Use props
BHProductions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

I enjoyed that very much! The music went quite well with the pace of the footage. Thank you .
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyDK Posted at 12-7 15:32
Great video John. I just watched it on YT.

Thanks buddy, Michelle is teaching me new tricks on FCPX (I'm pretending I understand what she's on about and nod my head and make encouraging noises lol)
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-7 16:20
Nice footage. Thank you for sharing your video with us. Have a safe flight always.

Thank you DJI Natalia, appreciated.
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

B1houdini Posted at 12-7 18:22
John,
Fantastic video. I was memorized by it.

Thanks B1 buddy, she's been teaching an old dog new tricks, I can sit and wag my tail all at the same time now She has the patience of a saint.

I chose the music from a pile FlyDK kindly supplied to us (It's Really awesome stuff)
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Woe Posted at 12-7 19:08
Another epic video. great job, you two make an awesome team.

Thanks Woe, apparently I'm Sugar and she's Spice (sweet and sour)  lol  The girl has been tutoring me on FCPX and I'm delighted how well she's picking it up. I'll just bumble along with it.
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Atlas_Aus Posted at 12-7 21:20
Very beautiful. Would love to visit one day. I am constantly amazed how the 'old' countries still have so much empty space

Thank you, appreciated. Ireland is a wide open space yet to be fully explored by drone, the possibilities are endless. Not as warm as Australia/Thailand but we do have our warm spells.
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 12-8 00:45
Nicely done John

Thanks Andy, I have so much X5 footage, maybe next year an epic video.
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

BHProductions Posted at 12-8 02:15
I enjoyed that very much! The music went quite well with the pace of the footage. Thank you .

Thank you, appreciated. The music is lovely and even had me tapping my feet and humming away lol
2018-12-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 12-8 06:04
Thanks Andy, I have so much X5 footage, maybe next year an epic video.

Look forward to it mate.
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

M2Wair Posted at 12-8 05:54
Thank you DJI Natalia, appreciated.

You're most welcome. Thanks for your support.
2018-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video.
Beautiful footage and great subjects!
One minor 'thing':
1:09 the transition starts before the tilt is ready.
(I don't know if there is room for that, but I would cut later, when the tilt has stopped)

And at 2:05 I thought you were holding the MP by hand, the shot looked so unstabilized. But then it took off
You fooled me there

2018-12-8
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work!
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 11:11
Very nice video.
Beautiful footage and great subjects!
One minor 'thing':

Thanks buddy, noted and appreciated, couldnt cut later, there was no later lol. We had a search and rescue heli fly along the coast and we had to cut and land and forgot to reshoot later.  But i do get it so thanks buddy.
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

EdM Posted at 12-8 11:43
Nice work!

Thanks, appreciated.
2018-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 12-8 13:05
Thanks buddy, noted and appreciated, couldnt cut later, there was no later lol. We had a search and rescue heli fly along the coast and we had to cut and land and forgot to reshoot later.  But i do get it so thanks buddy.

Already thought so (there was no 'later' in the shot).
Happens to me every edit....
I wish I started sooner, stopped later.....

You're welcome!
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 13:07
Already thought so (there was no 'later' in the shot).
Happens to me every edit....
I wish I started sooner, stopped later.....

We got the shock of our lives when the heli appeared, panic mode for a second. Didnt hear it coming either as it came from inland and the cliffs blocked the sound. It was just 'there' flying low but slow, as it was I had enough time to pan the aircraft and land and could have filmed the air sea rescue fly up the beach, nope, i just landed. It was a fabulous sight seeing the coastguard guys so close even if it cut short our flying. Was worth seeing it so close, they even waved. The biggles wave
2018-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 12-8 13:26
We got the shock of our lives when the heli appeared, panic mode for a second. Didnt hear it coming either as it came from inland and the cliffs blocked the sound. It was just 'there' flying low but slow, as it was I had enough time to pan the aircraft and land and could have filmed the air sea rescue fly up the beach, nope, i just landed. It was a fabulous sight seeing the coastguard guys so close even if it cut short our flying. Was worth seeing it so close, they even waved. The biggles wave

Yes, that must be super scary.
One of my big fears actually.  
Good thing I live in a flat country and can hear them minutes before they are even here.
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 13:31
Yes, that must be super scary.
One of my big fears actually.  
Good thing I live in a flat country and can hear them minutes before they are even here.

We see them quite often but generally off in the distance and very rarely that close. It frightened the life out of us.

We've met a guy flying his pet eagle, another guy with a pet owl flying round his head on a string, but never a helicopter but we have now.
2018-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 12-8 13:48
We see them quite often but generally off in the distance and very rarely that close. It frightened the life out of us.

We've met a guy flying his pet eagle, another guy with a pet owl flying round his head on a string, but never a helicopter but we have now.

Hahahahahaha.
Yes, there is a first time for everything.
We once had a lifeliner landing about 500m from our home.
It flew right over our home and I really believed it was going to crash (I was inside).
It made a turn over the neighborhood to find a place to land and landed almost next to our house.
Good thing I did not have my MP up that time.
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

We had a hot air balloon land in the village last year much to the delight of all the local kids. In fact young and old came out to watch it land. It didn't want to land, but land it did. Shame on me, got more cameras than you can shake a big stick at and didn't even think to pick one up. Could have got some fabulous shots of it coming over the village.
2018-12-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 12-8 06:00
Thanks Woe, apparently I'm Sugar and she's Spice (sweet and sour)  lol  The girl has been tutoring me on FCPX and I'm delighted how well she's picking it up. I'll just bumble along with it.

Sugar and spice and everything nice.

Team work is a beautiful thing.
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Woe Posted at 12-8 15:16
Sugar and spice and everything nice.

Team work is a beautiful thing.

You're right there my friend. I would enjoy droning alone but with Miche it is just so much more enjoyable and so much fun. I would encourage everyone to have a flying partner.  
2018-12-8
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

M2Wair Posted at 12-8 06:03
Thank you, appreciated. Ireland is a wide open space yet to be fully explored by drone, the possibilities are endless. Not as warm as Australia/Thailand but we do have our warm spells.

Yes I hear it gets up to 20 !

Funny, here in Thailand it is 'cool' (I use that term loosely) season, days are still in high 20s early 30s and they are selling scarves, beanies, gloves.. So funny
2018-12-8
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

You truly set a standard for videos to be. TFS
2018-12-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Atlas_Aus Posted at 12-8 19:33
Yes I hear it gets up to 20 !  

Funny, here in Thailand it is 'cool' (I use that term loosely) season, days are still in high 20s early 30s and they are selling scarves, beanies, gloves.. So funny

I know right, 20° on a good day lol. Beanies and a scarve in Thailand lol that would be a sight to see. I melt in anything over 25° but love the heat...... Roll on June a Month in Malta.
2018-12-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

4WDaus Posted at 12-8 21:43
You truly set a standard for videos to be. TFS

Thank you, very kind of you to say. Still so much to learn, but enjoying the process.
2018-12-9
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Very nice John, great views, great flying and editing skills here.

You live in a very beatuiful place of the Earth.

Happy and safe flying.
2018-12-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 12-9 02:59
Very nice John, great views, great flying and editing skills here.

You live in a very beatuiful place of the Earth.

Thanks buddy appreciate your kind comment.

We are indeed blessed living in a picturesque country that is so far unexploded by drone. Every direction wide open spaces with a few new NFZ to bar flights.
2018-12-9
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Very nice video. Beautiful country. Thanks for sharing
2018-12-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Sky Carrier Posted at 12-9 11:47
Very nice video. Beautiful country. Thanks for sharing

Thank you, if our drones were waterproof we'd be showing how beautiful Ireland still is even in winter, ah well, next year lol
2018-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Another excellent video well done JOHN.
2018-12-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-10 05:48
Another excellent video well done JOHN.

Thanks Hallmark really appreciated.  She's been roaring at me for it to sink in, but I still have to ask her how do you do this or that lol, she's got a memory like an elephant.
2018-12-10
Use props
M2Wair2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297723 ft
Ireland

Another great video hun you have done a great job with the editing, I love the areas we have been to and next year we will explore Ireland further! x
2018-12-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules