7033 6 2018-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToledoAerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432713 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Ronin S that when panning and then stopping it wants to slowly coninue to pan. I refreshed the FW, everything is calibrated/balanced and I even re-downloaded the app and still does this. I also performed a stick calibration on it, sam result. I did notice this (pic). Can aynone help?

IMG_6413.PNG
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ToledoAerial, we are so sorry for the drift issue, may I verify if you have tried the System Calibration?
Did you ever set the parameters? If yes, please go to the “System Settings” then “More” to restore the gimbal parameters.
If the issue persists, could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well, thank you.
2018-12-7
Use props
ToledoAerial
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-7 23:14
Hi ToledoAerial, we are so sorry for the drift issue, may I verify if you have tried the System Calibration?
Did you ever set the parameters? If yes, please go to the “System Settings” then “More” to restore the gimbal parameters.
If the issue persists, could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well, thank you.

Here’s some screen grabs of my settings. Here’s also a link to a quick video of what it’s doing. You’ll see in the video once I pan it will just want to continue to pan on it’s own..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pyk7n7orm2n8m9/Video%20Dec%2008%2C%2011%2043%2020%20AM.mov?dl=0
0CB0B036-A4C8-4920-80BE-0D7C5A6912BC.png
946CEE55-B086-406B-88E9-B21029C37596.png
527CBA9B-C0B9-417B-96F7-A8BE52BAF182.png
074C1B69-F08E-4615-B5F5-6D72087FD8A7.png
9B55C019-F89A-464A-8B9F-6A1B7EF5924C.png
2018-12-8
Use props
Meierhans
lvl.2
Germany

This is either the joystick mis-calibrated, or defective joystick. I had the same problem  after I did try to calibrate my joystick first time,
I fixed it doing a second calibration. Make sure to move it in circles around as far as it goes, then press trigger four times again and hold.
I red somewhere that you could also simply wait instead of pressing 4 times&hold to end calibration, but this resulted in exactly the behavior you describe.
If this fails its most likely a defective unit that slipped to QC and you need to send it in. Hope you get it fixed!
2018-12-8
Use props
ToledoAerial
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Meierhans Posted at 12-8 13:45
This is either the joystick mis-calibrated, or defective joystick. I had the same problem  after I did try to calibrate my joystick first time,
I fixed it doing a second calibration. Make sure to move it in circles around as far as it goes, then press trigger four times again and hold.
I red somewhere that you could also simply wait instead of pressing 4 times&hold to end calibration, but this resulted in exactly the behavior you describe.

I think you nailed it! I re-calibrated the joystick after attempting a few times already. The difference was tapping the button again 4 times to exit the calibration.

The first couple times I tried that, I just thought it was done calibrating after moving it in all directions a few times. So doing that and then tapping again to exit the process worked for me. Thanks!
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ToledoAerial Posted at 12-8 19:02
I think you nailed it! I re-calibrated the joystick after attempting a few times already. The difference was tapping the button again 4 times to exit the calibration.

The first couple times I tried that, I just thought it was done calibrating after moving it in all directions a few times. So doing that and then tapping again to exit the process worked for me. Thanks!

Glad to know Meierhans was able to help you out, please let us know if there is any other issue, enjoy filming.
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_8C7XTLLoBRy1
lvl.1

United States

I am having same problem. While shooting a still vehicle, after I circled the car and stood still, the Ronin S slightly drifted upwards. Can anyone please delineate the procedure to correct or recalibrate this?  I am up to date in firmware
Donna
2019-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules