Battery in the Osmo Pocket
26462 44 2018-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

remote.aviator Posted at 7-17 10:22
My question is since this has an internal battery, what is the life expectancy since I can't easily swap out the internal battery.  I'm still trying to decide if I should go with the Action or Pocket.  At least the Action has it where you can swap out the batteries.  I don't want to buy the pocket if this has a planned obsolescence of 400 recharges and then I'm stuck buying another.

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I do apologize but don't have the exact computation on what is the lifespan of the DJI Osmo Pocket battery since it will normally depend on how the user uses the Osmo. If in case that you are having issues with the battery of the DJI Osmo Pocket and needs to be assessed. I would highly recommend you to contact our support at https://www.dji.com/support. We do have our professional team who would check the said unit and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-18
Use props
DennyF
lvl.1

United States

stefg Posted at 2018-12-24 20:35
I read that the battery has 400 cycles. Will it be possible to have DJI to replace the internal battery for a fee (and how much) when the battery won't hold the charge any longer? I imagine that after a year or so the battery life may go down to 20 minutes. I wish the battery was  user replaceable.
I have been looking for an answer, and I fear that after 1 year the OP may become useless. then it would be a 30 dollar a month rental for the device.

I received this note from DJI today.

Pat (DJI Support)

8月25日 CST04:24
Dear Dennis,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate you writing in to let us know of your interest in purchasing the Osmo Pocket and would like to know if the battery of the unit can be replaced. Allow me to address this inquiry for you.

For this one, the battery unit of the Osmo Pocket can be replaced, however, the unit needs to be sent into our facility so our repair team can conduct this replacement procedure. For the costs, we cannot fully confirm it to you yet as the unit needs to be diagnosed first but based on our Accessory Price Inquiry page, the battery module for the Osmo Pocket costs $30 and this excludes the labor/repair fee. Kindly refer to the image below containing the details of our Accessory Price Inquiry page:

I hope this allays your fears.
DennyF
2019-8-24
Use props
djiuser_ktRnBiD74veq
New

United Kingdom

How do you fit a external smart battery to a DJI Osmo pocket
2019-11-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Connect it to the charging port.  If the Pocket battery is fully charged when you connect the external battery, you may find that the external battery never turns on as the Pocket goes flat.  If that happens, disconnect the partly-discharged Pocket from the battery, wait a few seconds, then reconnect.  The external battery should  now start charging the Pocket.
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_JoBPDedzsnHW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have battery concerns. I've noticed that within hours of being charged to 100% the charge diminishes
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules