What is the difference between the two Gimble Modes?
1127 7 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amershaman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12822 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but can anyone explain to me in plain English what is the difference between the two gimbal mode settings - Follow and FPV?  What differences should I be seeing in the resulting video?

2018-12-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Amershaman, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion. The Follow Mode means the angle between the gimbal's orientation and aircraft's nose remain constant at all times, while the FPV mode the gimbal synchronizes with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person perspective flying experience. Hope this helps. You may also view and download the User Manual for more information. Thank you.
2018-12-9
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-9 05:30
Hi Amershaman, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion. The Follow Mode means the angle between the gimbal's orientation and aircraft's nose remain constant at all times, while the FPV mode the gimbal synchronizes with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person perspective flying experience. Hope this helps. You may also view and download the User Manual  for more information. Thank you.

*** Sorry I replied to Gamora before I saw the post with a video example. please ignore the below ***

Hi Gamora,

Thanks for the response, but I have already read that description. The problem is I don't understand what it means.  What angle remains constant? Are we talking about the up and down orientation of the camera; meaning in follow mode the video will show a rise and fall when the a/c nose rises or dips during acceleration and deceleration (i.e. the gimbal does not compensate)?  If so, how is that different from 'a first person flying perspective' - whatever that means?

When the weather improves, I will go try out the two modes to see if I can tell the difference, but I was hoping that someone could give me a better explanation of what I can expect to see.  

Better still, does anyone have example videos that compare the two modes?
2018-12-9
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 12-9 03:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZcoDh0QSB8

Thanks Msinger.  Very helpful
2018-12-9
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Amershaman Posted at 12-9 05:56
*** Sorry I replied to Gamora before I saw the post with a video example. please ignore the below ***

FPV means the gimbal does not react to compensate so to speak to the pitch or roll of the aircraft. Whereas in follow it does. Which is usuall y the mode you want to use when shooting videos so that it is smooth.
2018-12-18
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
Maldives

FlyingAnt Posted at 12-18 23:03
FPV means the gimbal does not react to compensate so to speak to the pitch or roll of the aircraft. Whereas in follow it does. Which is usuall y the mode you want to use when shooting videos so that it is smooth.

Thanks Flyingant. I’ve had a chance to try it now and once I knew what to look for it was obvious.
2018-12-19
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Amershaman Posted at 12-19 09:35
Thanks Flyingant. I’ve had a chance to try it now and once I knew what to look for it was obvious.

Glad you figured it out. Happy flying!
2018-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules