Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Autoland with new firmware
1784 16 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COLO1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44715 ft
United States

We are a public safety entity and primarily deal with life safety missions. Previous to the latest firmware update on the 210 we were getting 20 minutes of flight time with an XT camera and tb50 batteries and longer with TB55. After the update we are lucky to get 10 minutes and the 210 forces autoland. Once in the ground the batteries still have above 3.9v of charge left and battery percentage calculation shows between 40% and 50%. This new over cautious firmware has left our 210 useless. We were flying a missing child mission, located the child but had 210 went to autoland Over a wooded area while voltage was 3.9v in all cells with tb55 after 9 minutes of flight. Batteries were warmed prior to flight and were 100% charred and showing 4.2v. We lost sight of child and had to revert to a ground based search. This platform was purchased based on the specs listed at time of sale indicating the longer flight times. Previous to this firmware update we had no issues with batteries. This is completely unacceptable for use in public safety. Additionally, forcing autoland rather than a return to home is completely unsafe. There is sufficient battery to safely return back to landing zone but instead a forced autoland over trees, homes or people is completely unsafe. All public safety agencies in the capital district of NY have grounded their 210’s.
   When will DJI push out next firmware and if they can’t produce flight times as advertised when the aircraft was purchased will they refund purchase price?
  Amazing how a consumer grade mavic series operates without issue but the enterprise level 200 series is nothing but issues since purchased in 2017.
2018-12-9
Use props
Infinity88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9741 ft

United Kingdom

Totally agree, this needs to be sorted asap!
2018-12-9
Use props
Robert M Serino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

As a temporary work-around, you may want to see my 5 December post under “Battery issues...”.  As pictured below, fly M200 with X4S and FLIR Boson cameras though the FLIR is on a separate 5.8GHz channel.  Using the GO4 app with updated/current software all-around, the net result is 24-26 minutes on TB55 batts and 17-18 minutes on TB50 batts.
M200 with Purpose-Built FLIR Boson and 5.8 GHz Comms.jpg
2018-12-9
Use props
scott
lvl.1

United States

i have had nothing but problems with my 210/ with zenmuse xt. x4s.  half of the time the xt wont shows up blacked out on the display, and requires 2 or 3 restarts to get it working, half the time it has a glitchy green screen for the xt and now the battery problem with forced RTH with batteries 3.9v and 40 percent.  wish i had just bought the inspire..
2018-12-11
Use props
Dadelanger
lvl.2

United States

Maybe DJI Mindy or DJI Susan can ask you what version you are running, if you have tried running DJI assistant2 , maybe restarting your $40,000 investment, or if you can send in some flight logs. That ought to clear things right up
2018-12-11
Use props
AILLC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571594 ft
United States

Dadelanger Posted at 12-11 14:27
Maybe DJI Mindy or DJI Susan can ask you what version you are running, if you have tried running DJI assistant2 , maybe restarting your $40,000 investment, or if you can send in some flight logs. That ought to clear things right up

DJI, what’s the status with the upcoming December firmware release to improve performance with the TB50s and 55s?
2018-12-12
Use props
bnuge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122382 ft

United States

DJI, is there going to be another firmware update to fix this problem? or is my Matrice going to stay as a $30,000 paper weight?
2018-12-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Patience, patience ... they're working on it ...
2018-12-13
Use props
Jay Caughman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9065 ft

United States

EXACTLY the same issues here.  We, too, are a public safety entity.  As of now we have a 20K M210 brick, grounded until DJI gets a new firmware released.
2018-12-14
Use props
AILLC
lvl.2
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-13 21:49
Patience, patience ... they're working on it ...

I’m patient but I have 30k in drone and cameras just sitting in the case.  I’ve had to pass on jobs as well. I’ve been patient, I understand firmware but I’m not getting the feeling this is of high priority from DJI.  I used to work for Nortel and Erickson, when there was a firmware issue with a switch, they could have a patch released in days, not months.   This wasn’t part of my business plan and I’m losing money everyday my M210 RTK dosnt fly.  I’m a single sole LLC, doing this part time.  I invested my own savings to buy this drone that has been nothing but problems from the cameras, gimbal, SD read errors and now power problems.  I’m about ready to throw in the towel and persue a full refund.
2018-12-16
Use props
AILLC
lvl.2
United States

Jay Caughman Posted at 12-14 13:19
EXACTLY the same issues here.  We, too, are a public safety entity.  As of now we have a 20K M210 brick, grounded until DJI gets a new firmware released.

I’m patient but I have 30k in drone and cameras just sitting in the case.  I’ve had to pass on jobs as well. I’ve been patient, I understand firmware but I’m not getting the feeling this is of high priority from DJI.  I used to work for Nortel and Erickson, when there was a firmware issue with a switch, they could have a patch released in days, not months.   This wasn’t part of my business plan and I’m losing money everyday my M210 RTK dosnt fly.  I’m a single sole LLC, doing this part time.  I invested my own savings to buy this drone that has been nothing but problems from the cameras, gimbal, SD read errors and now power problems.  I’m about ready to throw in the towel and persue a full refund.
2018-12-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AILLC Posted at 12-16 16:42
I’m patient but I have 30k in drone and cameras just sitting in the case.  I’ve had to pass on jobs as well. I’ve been patient, I understand firmware but I’m not getting the feeling this is of high priority from DJI.  I used to work for Nortel and Erickson, when there was a firmware issue with a switch, they could have a patch released in days, not months.   This wasn’t part of my business plan and I’m losing money everyday my M210 RTK dosnt fly.  I’m a single sole LLC, doing this part time.  I invested my own savings to buy this drone that has been nothing but problems from the cameras, gimbal, SD read errors and now power problems.  I’m about ready to throw in the towel and persue a full refund.

We are all on the same wagon. Unfortunately this is the reality of dealing with cheap products from Mainland China. Patience and hope is one option, investment in 10 x more expensive ALTA equipment may be the other.
2018-12-17
Use props
Robert M Serino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-17 00:23
We are all on the same wagon. Unfortunately this is the reality of dealing with cheap products from Mainland China. Patience and hope is one option, investment in 10 x more expensive ALTA equipment may be the other.

Completely agree...And thus the reason for the suggested temporary work-around as best possible/applicable until things settle as noted in #3 above...We’ve seen this technical development approach all along and in every platform...It’s based on well-established software development processes, an approach that is more consistent with smart phones than cars or planes.
2018-12-17
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish I would have shown patience and just got out of the contract I signed several months back to support an event.  The day after I updated the 'MANDATORY FIRMWARE' update, my M200 fell out of the sky from 100'.  The first set of batteries entered the auto-land feature around 72%, but handled fine.  The next flight (different set of batteries) I cautiously hovered before climbing to a position to film and BAM !  I have absolutely no trust in the other 7 DJI products I'm flying now.  In total I've flown DJI stuff over 500 hours and have always been 'safety conscious', but at this point I actually fear that its going to just fail.  I'm afraid of it hitting someone and also that my reputation of flying subpar equipment will be affected.  For the record, DJI has the M200 in for evaluation --- on the surface it appears they see NO correlation between the mandatory firmware upgrade and the incident, but maybe that just the initial look at the box of parts they opened.
2018-12-18
Use props
Droning.CG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41083 ft

Poland

It is sad that for the last year and a half since the release of the M200 series, DJI has not made any software improvements. Like most users - I understand minor bugs, but what is currently a scandal. Enterpress segment - here there can be no such neglect. The current state of affairs is a failure !!!
2018-12-19
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

New firmware for M200 series available. (Dec 19, 2018)
Read more at this thread
2018-12-19
Use props
Droning.CG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41083 ft

Poland

I will ask you directly - is this another prosthesis of the software?
2018-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules