4366 9 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RayZorFist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64793 ft
United States

Hello,

I've had my Mavic Pro since late April but only have been able to fly it a few times because I live too close to too many airports and heliports. Had I known it would be so hard to find a legal place to fly near me I probably would not have purchased it. Never knew there were so many damn registered heliports in the area. I never see helicopers around.

Anyway, I have 1 hour and 37 minutes flight time on it. 14 total flights. Highest flight was only 112 ft.

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to fly in a remote area so I took advantage. This was my first "real" flying other than around my yard with beginner  mode on just to get the feel of it. I got a couple of cool photographs  of the area.

Flew for 20 minutes or so. I was amazed at how well the battery lasted! I landed to change the battery.

Started to fly with the new battery and I noticed the picture showing on my phone was crooked.

I flew the Mavic Pro back to me and landed and turned it off.

Looked at the camera and gimbal. Nothing looked amiss.

Turned it back on and the gimbal flipped around and pointed backwards into itself and would not come out. Remined me of a bashful child.

Anyway, I now have the infamous, dreaded, Gimbal Load Error.

Tried resetting everything I can think of. Have the very latest firmware on everything.

I have not crashed it nor flown it into a wall or a table or landed in the water or any of the other odd things I see people say they did and wonder why it won't work.

Seriously, I have 97 total minutes of flight time!

I am mostly just complaining here because of how expensive this is and how little I've had to use it and how fragile this thing must be. I see others who fly for hours/days with no issues. Are they just lucky?

I did see one of the new Pro 2's in the store the other day and I must say, the gimbal looks much sturdier.

I filed a support case. Waiting for DJI to get back to me. Sigh.

Anyway, here's a photo to cheer you up and to thank you for listening to me complain. :-)

Regards,
TJ

Cedar Point on Gunflint Lake

Cedar Point on Gunflint Lake
2018-12-9
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

Oh, and I should mention I have attempted to calibrate and reset the gimbal about a dozen times. Always sticks at 5% and then eventually fails.
2018-12-9
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Have you, at anytime, turned on your Mavic with the gimbal clamp still in place? That used to be a gimbal damaging scenario, but DJI was supposed to have fixed that, and made it easier on the gimbal motors, on a software update. I am still very careful to remove it first, just in case.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RayZorFist Posted at 12-9 17:29
Oh, and I should mention I have attempted to calibrate and reset the gimbal about a dozen times. Always sticks at 5% and then eventually fails.

Hi RayZorFist, we're sorry to read your post. Could you tell us your case number? I'd like to check the current status and keep following up.
2018-12-11
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 12-10 03:14
Have you, at anytime, turned on your Mavic with the gimbal clamp still in place? That used to be a gimbal damaging scenario, but DJI was supposed to have fixed that, and made it easier on the gimbal motors, on a software update. I am still very careful to remove it first, just in case.

To the best of my knowledge, no, I have not.
2018-12-11
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-11 00:04
Hi RayZorFist, we're sorry to read your post. Could you tell us your case number? I'd like to check the current status and keep following up.

Case number: CAS-2564638-Q0C6Z8
2018-12-11
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

It appears that DJI is going to warranty the repair. As best I can tell from the emails they are going to send me a UPS Call Tag to ship my Mavic back to them for repair.

We'll see what happens...
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RayZorFist Posted at 12-11 04:02
It appears that DJI is going to warranty the repair. As best I can tell from the emails they are going to send me a UPS Call Tag to ship my Mavic back to them for repair.

We'll see what happens...

Hi RayZorFist, thank you for the case number. As per checking that the case is just created, please wait for the UPS shipping label with in 24-48 hours, so you can send your unit to our repair center. If you have any concern please let us know or contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-11
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

So, finally heard back from DJI after a shipping snafu.

I'm out of warranty and they want me to pay $125 to have my gimbal "repaired or replaced with a new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability."

So the aircraft has a 1 year warranty but the gimbal does not?

Total BS!

For a very well known problem with lots of people complaining about this here and other forums I am seriously disappointed in this response.

Remember, this aircraft has literally 97 minutes of flight time on it. That's it.

I was literally just about to pick up a second Mavic Pro from my son's friend when I got the email. Now? I don't think so.

. .
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RayZorFist Posted at 12-28 08:27
So, finally heard back from DJI after a shipping snafu.

I'm out of warranty and they want me to pay $125 to have my gimbal "repaired or replaced with a new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability."

Hi RayZorFist, sorry to know the warranty service cannot be provided, Diana has replied and explained in your new thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-176089-1-1.html
If you have further concern, please keep us updated, thank you.
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules