Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket is able to do 360 photo sphere ?
27258 30 2018-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Balaes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

That might be his best use for me .....

2018-12-9
Use props
djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1306 ft
Thailand

I have bought one with the intention of using it for this purpose.

If dji don't add the functionality, I'm hoping someone will make an app to do it.

If not, it would be possible to get all the shots required manually, but would be more time consuming than ideal.

Dji - When will Osmo Pocket be added to the mobile SDK for developers?
2018-12-9
Use props
Balaes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Maybe someone follow these demands and in the near future will be able.
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Balaes, Osmo Pocket only supports 3x3 and 180° Panorama at the moment, 360 photo sphere is not supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY Posted at 12-9 22:09
I have bought one with the intention of using it for this purpose.

If dji don't add the functionality, I'm hoping someone will make an app to do it.

Hi there, Osmo Pocket doesn't support SDK currently, we do not have the related news when it will support, please pay attention to our website of the future update, thanks for your support.
2018-12-10
Use props
fans58c5004e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33048 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-10 00:07
Hi Balaes, Osmo Pocket only supports 3x3 and 180° Panorama at the moment, 360 photo sphere is not supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Damn. I was just about to buy one, but count me out.

I think you'll lose a lot of sales due to this limitation. Shame.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans58c5004e Posted at 12-12 04:13
Damn. I was just about to buy one, but count me out.

Hello there, we apologize for the inconvenience, if there is any update in the future, we will release on our website immediately. Appreciate your attention.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans3bbfe589
lvl.1
Flight distance : 365427 ft
United States

Count me in for the 360 sphere pano feature. I use that feature on my Mavic Air a lot, and it would be incredible to get high resolution 360s with the pocket (they would be better than any current 360 camera resolution) it looks as though the gimbal doesn’t turn a full 360, so even if it could capture 2-180x180+ panoramas (and the user could rotate the camera) that could be stitched in post to make a sphere that would be incredible! Thanks!
2018-12-31
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans58c5004e Posted at 12-12 04:13
Damn. I was just about to buy one, but count me out.

So, ...  you still have an option to buy/use one of the other Osmo's....  Less expensive, more durable, longer battery life, and larger.... Read the specs and online manual prior to purchase and you'll see the advantages and differences before you commit.
2018-12-31
Use props
Ssmirnov
lvl.1
United States

Count on me also. I have bought OSMO pocket for the purpose of taking 360 panos.  I used to believe DJI will support SDK for the pocket just after release. So, my device is unused right now.  
P.S. My 360 panos on Google map photos
2019-1-22
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Take a look here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=177586 #7
It is possible but you have to turn the OP. "fans3bbfe589" in #8 here has already written it.
2019-1-23
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

This would require a hardware change not just software as the head physically cant move 360
2019-1-23
Use props
Ssmirnov
lvl.1
United States

The Rev Posted at 1-23 04:47
This would require a hardware change not just software as the head physically cant move 360

> This would require a hardware change not just software as the head physically cant move 360

It is not required to move 360 to take a 360 pano. Instead,  the two edge pictures should be overlapped.
I have just examined my device. Lakely, no problems with hardware. The pictures are overlapped.
However, currently, the software (Mini) does not allow to move to the edge position. I guess, about 5 degrees are reserved for the image stabilization purpose.

P.S. And yes, it always possible to take the right number of pictures moving the tripod manually. Then. stitch the pictures manually with the third party software like PT Gui. Just too much work and a lot of room to make mistakes.
2019-1-23
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

It is always a good thing if one device serves all... but this time I stand by the dji side.

Come on guys. Read the spec before asking for something as granted. I know there are false ads and I am also disappointed, but play fair - at least on our very own side. 360 was never mentioned to be available on Pocket, if one day it supports that, hurray! But if it doesn't, don't make it sound like a sold stopper - cuz then you would never buy it at the very first place anyway.
2019-1-23
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Ssmirnov Posted at 1-23 20:20
> This would require a hardware change not just software as the head physically cant move 360

It is not required to move 360 to take a 360 pano. Instead,  the two edge pictures should be overlapped.

I have taken Photographs at both extremes of the gimble movement and they do not overlap.
2019-1-24
Use props
Ssmirnov
lvl.1
United States

The Rev Posted at 1-24 05:36
I have taken Photographs at both extremes of the gimble movement and they do not overlap.

Once again, it is a software limitation. Try to turn a camera to the edge position using Mini. Then check the real physical limit by turning the camera manually.
2019-1-26
Use props
Neveling
New
Germany

Hi,
I see there is an physical limitation for osmo pocket not to be able to take 360 panorama. But nearly it could take 320 and after just a little spin correction by user to take the rest 3 pictures missing.
I would like to have a sort of programmable position an pictureset to take automatic set of pictures needed and stich them together later.
step 1: automatic take all pictures physically possible
step 2: rotate pocket by user a bit
step 3: automatic take rest pictures needed
step 4: stich outside

what you think about that?
2019-2-10
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Put OP on a $5 egg clock and your 360° are done. Do simple things simple.
Other (programable) solutions - programable angle of rotation and speed_

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/P ... 568.000000000000000
2019-2-10
Use props
fansb2ff533d
lvl.2
Germany

A 360° pano is NOT the same than a spherical pano which was requested here.

As I bought my Osmo Pocket I thought I could use the Osmo's 3x3 panorama feature to do spherical panoramas (shooting several 3x3 panos and stitch them together using any software then) but this does not work since you cannot take 3x3 panos from the ground or the sky pointing the Osmo upwards or downwards. The 3x3 pano feature only works horizontally. So it's actually only useful for 360 panos, not for photo spheres.

If you want to create photo spheres, you need to do all pictures manually and stitch them together using PTGUI, Kolor Autopano or whatever.

It's a shame. There are tons of free smartphone apps out there that can do photo spheres but a 350+ EUR Osmo Pocket isn't able to do so

It's just a software thing and could easily be added with a firmware update - IF DJI WANTED TO DO SO.

2019-6-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

They probably think it's not worth their while implementing a function that was never on their roadmap for the device which can be done using the tons of free smartphone apps.   I'd rather they spent development time on improving the funtions that were advertised.
2019-6-27
Use props
fansb2ff533d
lvl.2
Germany

It works... more or less.

I did some tests today, using the 3x3 pano function. It basically works for photo spheres. FPV mode must be enabled (otherwise you aren't able to point the lens towards the sky or ground).

I did 3 sets of 3x3 panos for each compass direction: one 3x3 facing the Osmo horizontally, another 3x3 facing towards the ground a bit and another 3x3 facing upwards. Then turned at about 90 degrees and repeated the procedure, turned 90 degrees and so on...

So I shot 12 3x3 sets for each panorama (= 108 photos).  I takes a couple of minutes, of course. Maybe it would also work with less pictures, will need to test this.
I used Autopano Giga to stitch the images. I also tried PTGui for stitching but the results weren't as good as with Autopano.

You can download the results here

Just drag one of the included panorama JPGs onto the Viewer.exe to have it displayed as an interactive photo sphere (use the mouse wheel to zoom in our out). Or open the panoramas with any pano viewer of your choice.

While it basically works, it's a bit tedious. Imagine how conveniant it'd be if DJI would add a mode that would allow you to turn around once while the Osmo takes all those pics automatically. The neccessary hardware is already on board! It's just the lazyness of the programmers why we don't have such a function yet.

2019-6-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That is so offensive.  Do you really think you are justified in calling them 'lazy' just because they haven't diverted resources from key functions to one that a very small group of users seem to want?
2019-6-29
Use props
Kapila
New
Flight distance : 72083 ft

I also need an OSMO for 360 Panos, I really hoped that "OSMO Pocket" or "OSMO Mobile 3" will include this feature. But Really disappointed to know that DJI Still added that feature to any of OSMOs.  
2019-10-4
Use props
HIPPOza
New

This feature is extremely necessary for me! I am joining!
2019-10-11
Use props
Svendus
lvl.1
Sweden

https://flylitchi.com/osmo
2019-10-30
Use props
djiuser_QD20pWwv23hU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2043314 ft
United States

Svendus Posted at 10-30 04:11
https://flylitchi.com/osmo

Not compatible with the Pocket from what I read on their web site.  It appears that DJI has chosen to not open up the SDK on the pocket or the Mavic Mini due to their lower price points.  They want people to buy the higher end products for some of these features.
2019-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Personally, I've just bought a 360 degree camera for such purposes - it seems to me that to do 360 properly you need hardware designed entirely for that puporse.  I see the new camera as complimenting the Pocket, not replacing it - different tools for different tasks.

Hmmm - I wonder whether DJI have a 360 degree camera in development?
2019-11-17
Use props
fans2b787f9d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764180 ft
Sweden

fansb2ff533d Posted at 6-29 10:24
It works... more or less.

I did some tests today, using the 3x3 pano function. It basically works for photo spheres. FPV mode must be enabled (otherwise you aren't able to point the lens towards the sky or ground).

I just take 4 pano (3x3) in four directions (90 degre..) and then stitch them. Maybe not perfect but 360
2019-12-19
Use props
Tomek_Poland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85551 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-10 00:07

Why ? In my opinion hardware osmo pocket is ready for this function.
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_ZfGqDPLstjcz
New
Flight distance : 89984 ft

Portugal

This is very easy for DGI to do.
They have the knowlage, just programing the same Way for 3x3 photos and 180°. Just programing: go to left, take photos, up, down. Tem go right 60°, take photos up, down... The câmera Rotate 360° using iPhone.
What is the problem to doing this?
2020-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3bbfe589 Posted at 2018-12-31 10:19
Count me in for the 360 sphere pano feature. I use that feature on my Mavic Air a lot, and it would be incredible to get high resolution 360s with the pocket (they would be better than any current 360 camera resolution) it looks as though the gimbal doesn’t turn a full 360, so even if it could capture 2-180x180+ panoramas (and the user could rotate the camera) that could be stitched in post to make a sphere that would be incredible! Thanks!

While you were waiting for the Osmo Pocket to give you a 360 sphere pano feature the Mavic Air 2 has dropped and will perhaps fit your needs.
2020-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules