A3 (Pro) Disassemble the GPS-Compass-Modules
1189 2 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICE HSU
lvl.1

Germany

Hello everyone

I would like to know if someone has experience about disassembling the GPS-Compass-Modules of the A3. Currently we are using the M600pro for indoor flight missions and have no need for the GPS Modules at all. Sadly we heard about problems if the drone is too close to a window and a poor GPS Signal is received. So we first thought about using the drone in Atti-Mode and not in Position-Mode but we need the P-mode (or F-Mode which is basically the same - if you ignore the additional functions) to enable sdk-control.

So to solve this GPS-Problem I guess it would be good idea to disassemble the modules and remove the GPS-Modules but remain a viable compass. The best idea would be to solder somekind of a switch to activate or deactivate the GPS-signal.

Or does anybody know about a possibility to use sdk-control (in our case it is the ROS-ONBOARD-SDK) while in A-Mode?

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

2018-12-10
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I would go the other way around - instead of disabling GPS on the M600, bring GPS receiption into the building by installing one ore more GPS repeater.
If more than 1 repeaters are installed, you can easy navigate indoors by using P/F modes.

Link
2018-12-10
Use props
ICE HSU
lvl.1

Germany

Keule Posted at 12-10 07:35
I would go the other way around - instead of disabling GPS on the M600, bring GPS receiption into the building by installing one ore more GPS repeater.
If more than 1 repeaters are installed, you can easy navigate indoors by using P/F modes.

That seems to be quite promising - thank you alot for your reply.
Do you have any experience with their systems and can recommend something?

But I still would be interessted in a statement by dji about disassembeling the gps modules...
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules