Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Enable EXPO on yaw stick for the Spark
12978 56 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hi Wolferl!

I followed your tutorial. It is very easy to follow. I changed the YAW parameter to 0.1 in P mode. But when returning when leaving "Control EXP" and moving the left joystick to the left and to the right, it continues to indicate a maximum of 10,000, however in its video it indicates a maximum value of 5270. Currently the firmware that I have in the spark and in the RC are the latest. Could it be that the change of the YAW parameter in the spark has not been recorded?

Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.1000
Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0600

Tomorrow I will try to prove it. Today is very windy. Thank's and best regards!  Good flights!!
2019-3-10
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

QQRUCH Posted at 3-10 07:13
Hi Wolferl!

I followed your tutorial. It is very easy to follow. I changed the YAW parameter to 0.1 in P mode. But when returning when leaving "Control EXP" and moving the left joystick to the left and to the right, it continues to indicate a maximum of 10,000, however in its video it indicates a maximum value of 5270. Currently the firmware that I have in the spark and in the RC are the latest. Could it be that the change of the YAW parameter in the spark has not been recorded?

Hi,

Still having the maximum 10000 units is the whole point of using expo. The 5270 was just me not pushing the yaw stick all the way. If you want less yaw at the stick maximums, you can try reduce the maximums, too. You can also combine the two techniques.

HTH,
Wolferl
2019-3-11
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Wolferl Posted at 3-11 02:09
Hi,

Still having the maximum 10000 units is the whole point of using expo. The 5270 was just me not pushing the yaw stick all the way. If you want less yaw at the stick maximums, you can try reduce the maximums, too. You can also combine the two techniques.

Hello Wolferl!

Thanks for your quick response. This afternoon I tested the configuration and it works fine. Reacts slower to half the length of the stick. I will try to reduce the maximums also.

Thank you & Best Regards!
2019-3-11
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

Where do you find V 1.2.2 of Assistant? I'd really like to try this but I can only find V1.2.4 which I have downloaded.
2019-3-11
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

tonepip Posted at 1-7 02:01
Thanks for the reply regarding Connection order.
I am trying to do the XPO Mod as per Wolfer but I cant get the Drone to be seen in DJI Go ASS V 1.1.2.
I installed Ass V 1.1.2 as per instructions on the Forum and all went OK. I am using Win 10.

Where did you find the V 1.1.2 of Assistant?
2019-3-11
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

PatriotArcher Posted at 3-11 13:39
Where did you find the V 1.1.2 of Assistant?

Hi, have a look into the video description on Youtube, it's all there!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-13
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Hello, Wolfgang! Just tried an Expo mode, and my result wasn't so smooth as I expected. Did you make some other examples of footages except that you show in the tutorial? There aren't any new video on your Youtube channel so maybe you downloaded it in the other source?
UPDATE: as I can assume, Tripod mode shows more smothness then EXPO. But maybe I am wrong and want to find out the point.

2019-3-13
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Just found the similar video with the same explanation. His footage at the end of the tutorial was supposed to be smooth. But it isn't (as for me).
2019-3-13
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-13 02:19
Hello, Wolfgang! Just tried an Expo mode, and my result wasn't so smooth as I expected. Did you make some other examples of footages except that you show in the tutorial? There aren't any new video on your Youtube channel so maybe you downloaded it in the other source?
UPDATE: as I can assume, Tripod mode shows more smothness then EXPO. But maybe I am wrong and want to find out the point.

Hi,

Sorry, no other videos about yaw there. For video shot, I usually use one of my bigger guys :-)
Tripod mode is nice too, but it slows down roll and nick also.
You can enter tripod mode, then connect up Assistant 2 to see what yaw setting are now applied. You can now replicate them to the normal mode, or even improve them to your hearts content.
One problem remains: the Spark RC does not have high quality sticks though. Also the "dead area" in the stick middle cannot be reduced (at least I don't know how, if anybody knows, please reply).

Lets face it: as nice as the Spark is as a product, it's still a beginner level bird.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-13
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Wolferl Posted at 3-13 07:51
Hi,

Sorry, no other videos about yaw there. For video shot, I usually use one of my bigger guys :-)

Thanks for the swift answer. Absolutely agree with you! Will continue to practice with tripod mode.
2019-3-13
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if there's any way to unlock the gimbal in sport mode with this method. If anyone can figure it out or knows another way to do it that would be great!
2019-3-13
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

Wolferl Posted at 3-13 00:46
Hi, have a look into the video description on Youtube, it's all there!

Cheers,

Thanks! I tried it and it really helped.
If I change any of the max angles would that change it's top speed?
2019-3-14
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

PatriotArcher Posted at 3-14 06:54
Thanks! I tried it and it really helped.
If I change any of the max angles would that change it's top speed?

Glad it helped.
These settings will not affect maximum horizontal speed. But there are other settings which define the max speed for the various modes.
Look at this video from ca. 5:36

There are other videos which show that also.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-14
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Wolferl Posted at 3-14 12:57
Glad it helped.
These settings will not affect maximum horizontal speed. But there are other settings which define the max speed for the various modes.
Look at this video from ca. 5:36

Hello Wolfer,
Thank you for the informative videos.  For a newbie and not very computer saavy it was very helpful.  I finally (I think) was able to modify the settings.  As soon as it warms up and the winds die down I'll give them a try.Walter
2019-3-28
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Nice video!
2019-3-28
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4